Favorite Disney Springs hotel?

Ashleybs

Mouseketeer
What is your favorite Disney Springs hotel to stay at and why? (Or which to avoid!) There will be 4 of us and we will need 2 Queen beds. Trying to see what all of our options are to be able to for sure get the 60 day FP. Thanks!

The Disney Springs hotels are discussed on the Orlando Hotels and Attractions board. I’ll move this thread there. :)

Hi, @Ashleybs
Glad you found your way over to this board. If you go back to the home page for this thread and scroll up, you'll see a sticky with reviews. It doesn't have everything, but there are many reviews of the different hotels.

Alternately, use the search feature to the top right of the page. If you put in the name of the hotel you're interested in, you're bound to get some good threads discussing it. I saw you found the active thread about the Holiday Inn, but I think there are threads on pretty much every resort if you search for them.

Full disclosure, my advice here is gleaned from reading others' posts rather than my own experiences. The Best Western gets good reviews for being a solid hotel that is usually cheaper than some of the other resorts. It's undergoing a lot of construction lately, and the pool is basic, but the room sizes are good and every room has a balcony. It's also the furthest from DS. I was booked there for a trip I was planning for last fall that I sadly had to cancel.

The Doubletree is the other farthest hotel from DS, and gets lots of love for being a great hotel with lots of room to spread out. Families love the affordable suites. It is often mentioned as people's favorite DS hotel.

The Holiday Inn is another favorite. I know you already saw at least one thread on this resort. It's closer to DS, too.

If you're looking at the Wyndham, look carefully to see if it's the Wyndham Lake Buena Vista or the Wyndham Garden. They are on the same property and share a nice pool complex. The Garden rooms are motel-style (exterior openings) and get more negative reviews for things like cleanliness, musty smells, etc. Others have had no problems, but I wanted you to be aware that for booking purposes, they are different resorts with the Garden being less expensive and lower rated.

The B Resort has a funky modern style. It goes on sale a lot on opaque booking sites. There are multiple reviews if you look at the sticky. A big selling point when traveling with kids are the family rooms with bunkbeds. Like the Doubletree, the B works well for families who do best with multiple sleeping surfaces but who don't want to pay for a more expensive suite at WDW.

We have stayed at the Doubletree and have booked it again for our trip this summer. We all really enjoy the extra room this hotel provides at a very reasonable price! I personally would prefer a resort style pool but I’m the only one in my family that cares about that so I let it slide!

Still debating whether to book a Disney springs hotel for upcoming or stay on property. I know one bedrooms at Disney springs hotels go for about half of a dvc or hotel on property.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter