Favorite DVC resorts!

Oh and no matter where you stay, a dinner at Victoria and Albert’s is worth the splurge.

We will likely be celebrating our 25th, sans kids, at BLT in a TPV studio. Long weekend of 2 nights only, so dinners will probably be California Grill and V&A. Don’t tell DH; it’s a surprise.

I like your style, kboo, and your idea of what makes a happy anniversary!

We have owned VGF for almost four years, and pretty much exclusively stay there. I’m in heaven every time we turn right onto Floridian Way and I begin to see the lacey gates of the Wedding Pavilion complex :love:

I have stayed twice at BLT, once in a studio and once more in the much better one bedroom, and even though we had a TPV from the studio, I can’t seem to pull the hubs away from VGF: he resonates with that time period, even says he was born a century too late sometimes.

The Senses spa at the Villas is magnificent... we make appointments there for every stay! You should absolutely check it out!

Haven’t dined at Victoria & Albert’s yet... saving that for a big anniversary! But we love Sunday brunch at Narcoossee’s!

Have a fantastic anniversary trip!

Last edited:
I will do mine similar to what Pete did on post #4.
My categories are: Location, Theme, Rooms, Dining (pools and other amenities don't matter all that much to us as 2 adult empty nesters).

I will rate a 1-5 also with 5 being best. And we have tried all but VGF. And CCV (CCV is booked for Oct).

RESORT---LOCATION---THEME---ROOMS---DINING--->TOTAL (out of 20 possible)

SSR---2---1---2---3--->8
OKW---1---2---4---2--->8
POLY---3---5---2---3--->13
BLT---4---3---4---3--->14
BRV---4---5---3---3--->15
AKV---1---5---5---5--->16
BCV---5---4---3---5--->17
BWV---5---4---4---5--->18

CCV---4---5---don't know yet (likely a 2 since you can't sleep 5 in a 1BR)---3

Rooms...We, having 3 college kids, like the 1BR villas with extra bed and/or extra bath and/or extra space. And we like BWV 1BR, even though it doesn't have these things, because it still has the jetted tub and is a home resort so we often book standard view and save points. BLT 1BR should likely be a 5 but we have only stayed in a studio and those are the smallest tightest studios so it bumps that down to a 4.

Location...We like location where we can walk or boat to a park as we are not fans of busing or monorail.

Theme...Really SSR and OKW are lacking as they seem like any condo community one might live in. And BLT is a tad sterile and average high rise hotel.

Dining...OKW has not much and the boat to DS can be problematic. SSR has a walk to DS and plenty of dining though we aren't fans of DS and our fave dining venues aren't there. BLT, BRV/CCV, Poly...you have boat or monorail to many options so that's a bit better. AKV...we LOVE all the TS venues there and love the places at AK. BWV and BCV, we enjoy some places at those resorts PLUS we can walk into Epcot for a ton more or venture to Swalphin.

Hi
While GFV is the only onsite DVC property I haven’t stayed( ok (CCV also but I own at BRV)
I would imagine a very nice place for a honeymoon.
If not for that I would pick Poly.... my new fav resort! Walking the grounds is lush and romantic. At night tiki torches lit. I avoided Poly forever because of no guarantee balcony. Then I stayed in a LV studio Moorea I think? And it is my new fav!
Why? Walk to TTC Epcot monorail. Lots of amazing restaurants!
More relaxed chill vibe.

Either way dinner at V&A is a must!
Happy planning
Kerri

Problem with Poly DVC is that there are tons of families with kids given that it's close to TTC and MK. The wall there are super super thin and the doors are heavy and slam. So we could hear kiddos running the hallways and slamming doors...all day and night. And it's a studio room so your bed is steps away from the door and hallway. Whereas if you get a 1BR (at other resort), you can be tucked away in the master. MOO!

I would suggest VGF or BCV.

Problem with Poly DVC is that there are tons of families with kids given that it's close to TTC and MK. The wall there are super super thin and the doors are heavy and slam. So we could hear kiddos running the hallways and slamming doors...all day and night. And it's a studio room so your bed is steps away from the door and hallway. Whereas if you get a 1BR (at other resort), you can be tucked away in the master. MOO!

I would suggest VGF or BCV.

We were very close to T&T center I think (moorea) only thing I remember hearing was boat horns.
That will always be a constant tho.
You can’t go wrong really :-)
Happy planning

We were very close to T&T center I think (moorea) only thing I remember hearing was boat horns.
That will always be a constant tho.
You can’t go wrong really :-)
Happy planning
We were in Tokelau??? It was noisy with kids, door slamming and loud flushing from neighboring rooms.

I will do mine similar to what Pete did on post #4.
My categories are: Location, Theme, Rooms, Dining (pools and other amenities don't matter all that much to us as 2 adult empty nesters).

I will rate a 1-5 also with 5 being best. And we have tried all but VGF. And CCV (CCV is booked for Oct).

RESORT---LOCATION---THEME---ROOMS---DINING--->TOTAL (out of 20 possible)

SSR---2---1---2---3--->8
OKW---1---2---4---2--->8
POLY---3---5---2---3--->13
BLT---4---3---4---3--->14
BRV---4---5---3---3--->15
AKV---1---5---5---5--->16
BCV---5---4---3---5--->17
BWV---5---4---4---5--->18

CCV---4---5---don't know yet (likely a 2 since you can't sleep 5 in a 1BR)---3

Rooms...We, having 3 college kids, like the 1BR villas with extra bed and/or extra bath and/or extra space. And we like BWV 1BR, even though it doesn't have these things, because it still has the jetted tub and is a home resort so we often book standard view and save points. BLT 1BR should likely be a 5 but we have only stayed in a studio and those are the smallest tightest studios so it bumps that down to a 4.

Location...We like location where we can walk or boat to a park as we are not fans of busing or monorail.

Theme...Really SSR and OKW are lacking as they seem like any condo community one might live in. And BLT is a tad sterile and average high rise hotel.

Dining...OKW has not much and the boat to DS can be problematic. SSR has a walk to DS and plenty of dining though we aren't fans of DS and our fave dining venues aren't there. BLT, BRV/CCV, Poly...you have boat or monorail to many options so that's a bit better. AKV...we LOVE all the TS venues there and love the places at AK. BWV and BCV, we enjoy some places at those resorts PLUS we can walk into Epcot for a ton more or venture to Swalphin.
I would have to disagree on the theming of OKW. It is understated but pretty accurate portrayal of Key West.

I would have to disagree on the theming of OKW. It is understated but pretty accurate portrayal of Key West.
Yeah, I know a lot of people feel that way. But I think it's pretty bland and even more so now with the room renos being so vanilla.

Last edited:
I own at OKW and AKV Jambo.
Since Nov 2017 I've stayed at (in order)
NOV 2017
HHI 2 bed LOVED IT 2 nights
SSR 1 bed Just ok it would be my last choice 8 days
Vero 2 bed absolutely breath taking 2 nights
DCL not dvc but took a cruise on the same trip 4 nights
Back to HHI 2 bed 2 nights
April 2018
OKW 2 bed we own here so quiet and relaxing 3 nights
AKV Jambo 1 bed Savannah view - this place is my absolute favorite and I purchased on this trip because I fell in love - 6 nights
May 2018
Saratoga Springs studio not even a night was so dirty and disgusting was moved to OKW 2 bedroom- 3 nights
Aug 2018 Staying at Polynesian in studio 1st time can't wait 2 nights
OKW 1 bedroom 3 nights
Oct 2018
Disney's Grand California 2 bedroom for 3 nights
Disney Grand California 1 bedroom 4 nights

The theming at the Poly is outstanding. You'll feel like you're on a tropical getaway. We love it there.

The theming at the Poly is outstanding. You'll feel like you're on a tropical getaway. We love it there.

Yeah, during our stay there in August we were in our room for an aboslutely terrible deluge (not uncommon that time of year) and I thought "Hey, even the weather matches the theme!"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!