Favorite hotel when going solo?

I have stayed solo at Pop, Boardwalk, Coronado, Caribbean Beach, Kidani, and all three All Stars. The only one I didn't care for as a solo was Caribbean Beach. I know that Coronado is just as large but the lake was a great anchor and I could find my way around easily. Pop is great for the budget and I always feel very safe there as it is so large, it seems like I always see plenty of people around. Kidani was pretty far away and I did feel isolated. But it was easlier to find your way around than at Caribbean Beach.

I've stayed solo at Caribbean Beach and Yacht Club. At CBR, I asked for a premier room so I was closer to the main pool and marketplace but as it turned out, a small pool was steps away from my door and no one was ever there so it was sort of like I had a resort to myself.

I loved being solo at Yacht Club--walk to Epcot and Boardwalk, not many families running around, nice bar in the lobby.

Staying Solo at the Poly next month (where I've stayed before and love it), staying solo at the Swan in December.

As people have said, it all depends on what you find important--I like a break from the masses of children, a good bar, and a quiet room. I'm willing to pay more for those things.

For me, solo really doesn't make a difference. I have been trying to stay at all deluxes and all mods, but go with what i feel is the best deal regardless if I am going solo or not. Some thoughts though on the ones I've stayed at:

Animal Kingdom--killer lobby, all the animals, and great restaurants--this is a very relaxing place; will be staying again this September.

Polynesian Resort and Villas--love the theme and tropical atmosphere, the walk to the GF, Monorail, small boat ride to other resorts and big boat ride to MK; didn't like the villas so much as the regular resort room and also the lobby can get quite busy with restaurants right off the lobby

Boardwalk Inn--like the theme better than other EPCOT resorts--more intimate feeling with smaller lobby area, walk to EPCOT and access to all the restaurants in World Showcase and walk to HS

Coronado Springs--room was okay, but loved the resort in general, especially at nighttime, and loved the food options--a lot of people complain about distances between things, but that's what I like--I'm a major walker and love this resort and all of the Disney parks for that reason

PO Riverside--loved my stay in the Bayou--loved the landscaping and the room, enjoyed the boat ride to Disney Springs; can't speak to the bus service because I had a car.

Beach Club--was my least favorite; theme didn't thrill me, liked the size of my room, but was definitely in need of repairs; the pool is definitely expansive, but very little shady spots to relax by the pool; like Boardwalk though, great access to EP and HS

Grand Floridian--theme is not my favorite, but the lobby is nice and airy and light; like the walk to Poly and access to Monorail and boats; staying for first time this coming September (2 nights attached to my 8 at AKL) so I'll have to let you know after I've actually stayed in a room

You can't go wrong with POR. I have no problem with the moderates, will be staying at POFQ in December and would have stayed at CBR this September had it not been for the construction.

Sorry for this long string of my opinions!
Great info - just convinced me that Coronado springs was a good choice for my upcoming solo trip!

Both times I've been solo I've stayed at Yacht Club, and it's worked out well for me. I love being able to walk to EPCOT.

I love the Yacht Club. I love being able to walk to Epcot and the proximity to HS. I love being able to wander over to the Boardwalk and Jellyrolls and the Abracadabar. I love the Crews Cup lounge. I find the resort to be relaxing and convenient.

When I first opened this thread I was going to say I would probably stay at Port Orleans Riverside for the solo trip I am seriously thinking about in February 2019. But. Being able to walk to EPCOT would be wonderful so I just may have to look into staying at the Yacht Club instead!

When I first opened this thread I was going to say I would probably stay at Port Orleans Riverside for the solo trip I am seriously thinking about in February 2019. But. Being able to walk to EPCOT would be wonderful so I just may have to look into staying at the Yacht Club instead!
I started this thread when I had a reservation at Coronado Springs, and I changed to YC last minute because I got a deal on it. I absolutely loved it and am definitely going to stay there solo again!

This is my theory, solo or otherwise. During Food and Wine, I stay Beach Club. Can’t beat walking to WS. This solo trip (December), I’m staying value bc I put the extra money towards the DxDP. I’ll just throw in that POFQ is my favorite mod. So just depends on what I want to do during my stay.

Side note... I’m really going to think about a split stay next trip though... nice idea.

Swolphin. Fewer kids, better food, amazing pool bar/food, and interior hallways, all in one building. I'm fearless traveling, but I don't like exterior doors ever. Much more so when I'm alone.

I prefer pop. I'd LOVE to stay at AKL all day long but I am a fly by the seat kind of guy. I make 4-6 trips a year and they're typically no more than 3 days so optimizing park time is key which means less time at resort. Coronado was nice but it was way too expansive for just me.

edit - I actually get starwood discounts and can get the Swolphin both at $89 a night but after resort fees and taxes, it comes out to more than Pop and I have to pay to get to and from the airport. I hope they can resolve that soon. I'd like to give them a shot.

I prefer pop. I'd LOVE to stay at AKL all day long but I am a fly by the seat kind of guy. I make 4-6 trips a year and they're typically no more than 3 days so optimizing park time is key which means less time at resort. Coronado was nice but it was way too expansive for just me.

edit - I actually get starwood discounts and can get the Swolphin both at $89 a night but after resort fees and taxes, it comes out to more than Pop and I have to pay to get to and from the airport. I hope they can resolve that soon. I'd like to give them a shot.
Just the fact that you can walk to Epcot and Hollywood Studios is worth the upgrade to Swolphin.

Just the fact that you can walk to Epcot and Hollywood Studios is worth the upgrade to Swolphin.
I've considered it but once you tack on RT transportation to and from the airport whether it's a rental or cab plus other non-resort perks it just doesn't seem worth it. I'd like that luxury but I like free too much :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts