Favorite non-park nighttime entertainment?

TeacupsForever

My, oh my, what a wonderful day
My mom and I are taking a mother-daughter trip in September. We'll have one rest/shopping/swimming day and would like to find something fun to do that night so we're not just sitting around the hotel. We were planning on seeing the new Cirque show, but they're on break during the week we'll be there.

What would you suggest for fun nighttime entertainment? I've been to Disney bunches of times, but only as a kid or with my kids, so I'm totally out of the loop on this! Neither of us are big drinkers, so it's really more about musical entertainment or even some sort of show. We're considering Jellyrolls. Any other ideas?

I love Jellyrolls on the boardwalk. There is a cover charge ($15 maybe? not positive) but the piano players are very entertaining, play requests all night. No food available except popcorn, just drinks. The atmosphere at the Boardwalk at night is nice.

DH and I just saw Hoop De Doo Revue in Feb (it's at Ft Wilderness). It's silly fun show, food and entertainment

Showing my age here, I wished I had earplugs to decrease the VERY LOUD BMG show! I have a Universal AP and had a discount, but the decibel level bothered me.

I love to wander and shop so Disney Springs is a great nighttime "event." Take the balloon "ride." Have ONE Margarita at the Margarita stand. Look into the entertainment in some of the restaurants. Have Fun!!!

For a quieter night, we enjoyed Geyser Point at WL for some popcorn and sitting by the lake. Or strolling through the lobbies of the Grand Floridian or Polynesian and then grabbing a cupcake for dessert .

My DS and I rode the gondola from Epcot International Gateway (outside the Beach Club) to the Riviera Resort. It was comfortable, quiet, beautiful! Riviera is lovely and next time we'll eat there. Always nice to see something new!

My best friend and I always take a trip in October for her birthday, which means lots of Halloween movies being shown at the resorts! By far, heading out to Fort Wilderness for a movie has become one of our favorite things to do. They've got a food truck out there for a couple munchies, but they also sell a $10(I think?) S'mores kit that comes with two sticks to roast your marshmallows at the campfires they have set up on either side of the movie screen. Super cheap, super fun, different thing that we kinda look forward to every trip.

We usually just Uber/Lyft over to Fort Wilderness. The security might give you a little pushback, but just tell them you're there for the Campfire Singalong.

My mom and I have done several mother/daughter trips over the last several years. We typically stay POR and love catching the Yeehaw Bob show. We do get there early so we can sit closer to the lobby but still have a line of sight to the action. We also really enjoyed Jellyrolls - so much fun!

Are you staying on property? Some of the hotels (I'm thinking of AKL specifically, but I'm sure others, as well) are absolutely beautiful to walk around at night and, depending on the night and the hotel, have cool themed activities for guests. My mom, little sister, and I loved the night safari!

Are you staying on property? Some of the hotels (I'm thinking of AKL specifically, but I'm sure others, as well) are absolutely beautiful to walk around at night ...

To the list I would add WL and grounds for a nighttime stroll. We've stayed there and ALK. Look at the WDW transit system and plan a "Resort Crawl." Add the resort's bar's specialty drink ... and you really be crawling. Follow the Magic!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!