Favorite week in November?

Shelby Schroepfer

*Never Grow Up*
We are planning our 5th consecutive trip to WDW for 2020 and I am stuck on which week we wanna go with. We have gone for "Halloween" (meaning fall decor) 3 out of 4 years, and in 2018 we went the first week of December and saw Christmas for the first time. Well, we wanna see Christmas again, but that week was just too cold for us. We live in Minnesota so when we escape to Florida we want it to be HOT. And we love to swim and visit the waterparks so the chilly weather just didn't work for us! So out of the month of November, which Sunday-Tuesday week would you choose? I know there is "Jersey Week" (is that even still a thing?), the Wine & Dine Marathon, and also Thanksgiving week which we would probably like to avoid going over actual Thanksgiving as I know that will be super crowded. AND Veteren's Day... yeah now that I type it out is November really the best time to go? haha. I priced out the 15th-24th and it's very much on the value side, but that check out date is 2 days BEFORE Thanksgiving. Do you think we would hit Thanksgiving crowds? Sorry for the book I like to talk it out! TIA!

We’re going the 15th through 21st 2020 and I’ve been on the fence about whether this is a good time to go as well. We’ve always gone in October.

This year we went the first week of November, that's 4th through the 8th for our park days. I think Jersey week officially started the weekend of the 8th. So we went the week before Jersey week.

It was the crossover from Halloween to Christmas, so we got to see the parks normal and then decorated for Christmas. We attended the first MVMCP for the year as well. Having said all that, the crowd levels seemed great. I was able to get multiple extra fastpasses each day, and most of the standby times were pretty good. The temps were in the 80s or so during the day, and only on friday did it dip because of extended rain.

Crowds usually aren't too bad in the days leading up to Thanksgiving. Thanksgiving day through the following Sunday does tend to get busier, but not nearly so much as Christmas or spring break.

Early December 2018 was cooler than the historical average, so I wouldn't necessarily avoid that week for your future trips.

This year we went the first week of November, that's 4th through the 8th for our park days. I think Jersey week officially started the weekend of the 8th. So we went the week before Jersey week.

It was the crossover from Halloween to Christmas, so we got to see the parks normal and then decorated for Christmas. We attended the first MVMCP for the year as well. Having said all that, the crowd levels seemed great. I was able to get multiple extra fastpasses each day, and most of the standby times were pretty good. The temps were in the 80s or so during the day, and only on friday did it dip because of extended rain.

I was there the same time (2-9 November). I felt it was fairly crowded as compared to my last two July trips. I think the marathons, Food & Wine, and Jersey Week all played into that. OP, like you, I want it to be HOT. Not July hot, but consistently hot. We had two really good HOT days that inspired me to go to the pool. The other days, it was certainly nice enough (81 or so) but in the morning and after sunset I felt a little chilled. I also didn't feel "driven" to go to a waterpark.

So for me, I would have to back it up a few weeks into October, I think. But I think you run into other crowd issues then. But the weather is probably just where I would need it to be.

We used to always go the first 2 weeks of November. Usually the 2nd week mostly. If there was a cross over of Jersey week, we didn't notice the difference in crowds. We loved that time of year when the weather was warmer. We are from Mn too, so I know what you are saying, LOL.
We went one time the week before Thanksgiving leading up to the day before. I would never do that again. Two days before, it was super crowded and not fun. As you gradually get closer to the holiday, it gets much more crowded. It wasn't too bad the week before, however.
Now we go end of February to the first of March and really like that time of year.
Hope that helps!

I did also look at Nov 29-December 8th and it's not out of the question either. We would take free dining if offered, and we would prefer food and wine over festival of the holidays if it came down to that, so that might help us decide on a week once those dates and deal are or aren't offered. I am glad to hear 2018 was NOT the average because it straight up wasn't fun! We LOVED Christmas time but were really wishing for September-October like weather vs what we got. Also some dates in November have All Star Movies as the same price as Sports and Music. We always stay value and POP has become sort of out of the value range so we are looking at Sports or Music but stayed movies in 2018 and loved the refurb so that might also sway my vote if I can get movies at a cheaper rate.

We have been there over Thankgiving twice and the crowds were not bad. And really enjoyed the Christmas decorations.

We always arrive the Saturday after thanksgiving and we love this time. Arriving on 11/30 (15 days-yay!) for 2 weeks. This time is perfect for us. Weather is usually great, and crowds aren’t awful. You can catch all the holiday offerings (we love the Epcot holiday food booths). Thanksgiving is late this year so our trip is too, we usually don’t stay that far into December, and crowds actually seem to lessen the further we get into our trips. Not sure this yea with the late holiday but we’re hoping. We love the end of November time in Disney.

We are leaving for WDW on Sunday (11/17) and staying five nights. This is our first trip in November. I will report back when I return to give you the scoop on crowds and the weather.

Stay tuned!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter