Favorite West Side Restaurant

katypop

DIS Veteran
hi,
been to RC at DD and really enjoyed it but would like to try one of the restaurants at westside disney. any suggestions? i will be dining solo.

katypop:D

Bongo's cuban cafe, and Planet Hollywood!;) Go there EARLY, around 4 or 5 and you can dine and beat the crowds.:p

thanks Poohbear123!
an early dinner is a good suggestion. i'm thinking about going to see Cirque du Soleil(sp?) so it would probably be best to eat early and see the later show. Which did you like better for food? better for atmosphere?
any other suggestions?

thanks

I love BONGO's. It is decorated nicely and the food is good. Have a great time.;)

Fultons and House of Blues for us :D
If you get eonugh replies, I'm sure all choices will be covered!! :D

I've eaten at Bongos twice once was good the other not so (service rather than food) - it does have a good atmosphere but you need to get there early as they don't take PS.

I've also been to Fultons and The Portobello Yacht although neither on West side I have some of my most favourite meals at these restaurants.

Our favorite is the House of Blues. The food is really good and we love the atmosphere. I would be completely comfortable eating solo there.

House of Blues! Get the Jambalya ... yum!!

House of Blues sounds like it might be fun but... what is Voodoo Lounge outback????
is there live entertainment in the evenings or music piped through? do they take reservations?

i think i'm leaning between bongos an HOB:D

thanks

Voodoo Lounge is located outback of the HOB restaurant. It is a nice peaceful place along the waterfront to have lunch or just a drink. The theming inside is carried on out to the lounge. The boat launch to the marketplace is located nearby. Enjoy!

the voodoo lounge sounds enticing f-LORI-da.

you'll have to describe Mojitos to me FunkyLamb. is that a drink or food???:D

thanks

A Mojito is a Cuban drink. Very refreshing.

Some fresh mint and lime wedges are muddled in a tall glass. Then in goes the ice, a shot of light rum and some soda or Sprite (depending on how sweet you want it).

That's it, but be careful. They're real tasty and if you're not careful, you'll be starting a Conga line.

:p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p

mmmmmm...sounds good FunkyLamb. i've got to stop asking questions...i want to try out everywhere i hear about...it all sounds so good;)

HOB--HOB--HOB!!
My DH is a non-Disney person (a bit of a stick-in-the-mud). I had gone to HOB with a dear friend the year before and RAVED about its atmosphere and food to him. After me dragging his sorry rear into the place, a strange "voodoo-like" transformation appeared. HE LIKED IT, HE LIKED IT, HE LIKED IT! In fact, he loved it so much that we went back another night. It is perfect for a solo diner as well. The waiters/waitresses are interesting people and put you at ease immediately. The folk art on the walls and around the bar will keep you occupied all night. And just look up at the ceiling near the bar. Talk about something cool!
Enjoy:p
All the best, Wilma:smooth:
Oh--the food is great too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter