FE Group Only - Fantasy 23rd December 2017

Twilight Terror

DIS Veteran
Welcome to our DisBoards FE Group thread!

As cleared by mods, this thread has been created purely for the DisBoards FE group registration for our upcoming Very Merrytime Cruise, on the Fantasy departing on 23rd December 2017. Please read the details below about how the group will work, based on how I ran our last FE group, which worked well.

General cruise-related meets and discussions can be found at this thread: https://www.disboards.com/threads/disney-fantasy-december-23-2017-western-caribbean.3514178/

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
:grouphug: Joining The FE Group
The FE list will be open for registration until 10th November 2017 UPDATE: 24th November 2017. Confirmation of participation, via PM, will begin one week prior to registration closing, and conclude on 11th November 2017 UPDATE: 25th November 2017. For new members, please be advised that you will need a post count of 10 before the PM option becomes available to you.

:surfweb: Registration
To register, simply post a reply to this thread. You can include your details in your post, but this is optional. Please be advised that all information shared on the board is public. For those wishing to keep details private, I will contact you by PM.

The information I will be collecting is: Family name, cabin number (if known), number of adults, number of children (with ages), allergies, celebrations/special occasions.

:coffee: How will the FE list work?
As each family registers their interest, details will be collected and entered into a spreadsheet. A finalised version will be released after the cut-off/confirmation date via PM. I will try to keep all participants on one list, but if numbers grow substantially, then I may split into two or more lists.

:hyper: FE Registration Cut-Off Date
All families must register their interest by posting a reply by 10th November 2017 UPDATE: 24th November 2017. This will allow people time to make/purchase their FE gifts.

::yes:: FE Participation Re-Confirmation Date
All families must re-confirm by 11th November 2017 UPDATE: 25th November 2017. Sometimes things happen, and plans change, and because of that, I will begin re-confirming with families (via PM) in the week leading up to the cut-off date. I aim to have all final confirmation completed by 11th November 2017 UPDATE: 25th November 2017, so that the FE list can be finalised and distributed accordingly.

:eek: Latecomers/Non-Confirmation
Anyone who registers after the cuf-off date (10th November 2017 UPDATE: 24th November 2017) or who does not re-confirm, will be added to the latecomers list. Participants on this list will provide FE gifts to each other, and are welcome to supply FE gifts for other cruisers on the main list, but should not expect to receive gifts in return. Regular list participants are free to deliver FE gifts to those on this list, but there is no obligation to do so.

:wizard: FE Gifts
This is not a competition for the biggest, most expensive gift; it is about sharing the Disney magic, and even a little taste of your home town/country. You can do gifts for each family/cabin, each individual or a combination of the two; the choice is yours. If you think you might want to personalise your gifts, and require names/favourite characters, please request this information ASAP.

When creating/putting together your gifts, please be mindful that not all cruisers are from the USA. Fellow cruisers may have to consider customs, quarantine and luggage restrictions when travelling home. For overseas cruisers, please make sure you check what items you can import to the USA - you don't want your FE gifts seized on arrival!

:santa: Delivering Your FE Gifts
You can deliver your FE gifts at any time, but request all final deliveries are completed by 5pm on the last full day (29th December 2017), so that families have time to remove their FEs, pack and have luggage ready to go for the disembarkation luggage service.

I think that is everything and I hope that answers everyone's questions :goodvibes Please let me know if anything is unclear or you need more explanations :blush:

WELCOME TO THE FE GROUP FELLOW PARTICIPANTS! :thumbsup2

Last edited:
As cleared by mods, this thread has been created purely for the DisBoards FE group registration
I'd suggest you post a request to the "Find Your 2017 Fantasy Cruise Meet LINK here" thread asking to have the link to this thread included in the directory post there. That way it's easier to find.

We'll join
Here is our information :sail:
Family Name: Wareham/Tibenham
Deck: 10 Aft
Cabin Number: 10628
Number of adults: 3

We are new to the FE Fun and this web site, but we would like to join for our December 23 Cruise!

Here is our info:
Family Name: McWilliams
Deck: 7 Aft
Cabin Number: 7194
Number of adults: 2
Number of teens: 2

I hope I did this right!!

Welcome to our DisBoards FE Group thread!

As cleared by mods, this thread has been created purely for the DisBoards FE group registration for our upcoming Very Merrytime Cruise, on the Fantasy departing on 23rd December 2017. Please read the details below about how the group will work, based on how I ran our last FE group, which worked well.

General cruise-related meets and discussions can be found at this thread: https://www.disboards.com/threads/disney-fantasy-december-23-2017-western-caribbean.3514178/

:grouphug: Joining The FE Group
The FE list will be open for registration until 10th November 2017. Confirmation of participation, via PM, will begin one week prior to registration closing, and conclude on 11th November 2017. For new members, please be advised that you will need a post count of 10 before the PM option becomes available to you.

:surfweb: Registration
To register, simply post a reply to this thread. You can include your details in your post, but this is optional. Please be advised that all information shared on the board is public. For those wishing to keep details private, I will contact you by PM.

The information I will be collecting is: Family name, cabin number (if known), number of adults, number of children (with ages), allergies, celebrations/special occasions.

:coffee: How will the FE list work?
As each family registers their interest, details will be collected and entered into a spreadsheet. A finalised version will be released after the cut-off/confirmation date via PM. I will try to keep all participants on one list, but if numbers grow substantially, then I may split into two or more lists.

:hyper: FE Registration Cut-Off Date
All families must register their interest by posting a reply by 10th November 2017. This will allow people time to make/purchase their FE gifts.

::yes:: FE Participation Re-Confirmation Date
All families must re-confirm by 11th November 2017. Sometimes things happen, and plans change, and because of that, I will begin re-confirming with families (via PM) in the week leading up to the cut-off date. I aim to have all final confirmation completed by 11th November 2017, so that the FE list can be finalised and distributed accordingly.

:eek: Latecomers/Non-Confirmation
Anyone who registers after the cuf-off date (10th November 2017) or who does not re-confirm, will be added to the latecomers list. Participants on this list will provide FE gifts to each other, and are welcome to supply FE gifts for other cruisers on the main list, but should not expect to receive gifts in return. Regular list participants are free to deliver FE gifts to those on this list, but there is no obligation to do so.

:wizard: FE Gifts
This is not a competition for the biggest, most expensive gift; it is about sharing the Disney magic, and even a little taste of your home town/country. You can do gifts for each family/cabin, each individual or a combination of the two; the choice is yours. If you think you might want to personalise your gifts, and require names/favourite characters, please request this information ASAP.

When creating/putting together your gifts, please be mindful that not all cruisers are from the USA. Fellow cruisers may have to consider customs, quarantine and luggage restrictions when travelling home. For overseas cruisers, please make sure you check what items you can import to the USA - you don't want your FE gifts seized on arrival!

:santa: Delivering Your FE Gifts
You can deliver your FE gifts at any time, but request all final deliveries are completed by 5pm on the last full day (29th December 2017), so that families have time to remove their FEs, pack and have luggage ready to go for the disembarkation luggage service.

I think that is everything and I hope that answers everyone's questions :goodvibes Please let me know if anything is unclear or you need more explanations :blush:

WELCOME TO THE FE GROUP FELLOW PARTICIPANTS! :thumbsup2
  • PlutoDisney

We are new to the FE Fun and this web site, but we would like to join for our December 23 Cruise!

Here is our info:
Family Name: McWilliams
Deck: 7 Aft
Cabin Number: 7194
Number of adults: 2
Number of teens: 2

I hope I did this right!!

Welcome @McWilldo to both the DisBoards and the FE group! You have done fine. The board has lots of information all over the place, so get researching and reading as you will find many tips for your upcoming cruise, even if you are a seasoned cruiser! You have now been added to the FE group. Just remember to ensure your post count reaches 10 before the cut-off time. Hopefully we will have some more families join us soon as we get closer to the cruise date! :) :sail:

Hi my name is Zehra is it late to sign up for FE
Zehra
Atif
Ayra(13)
sofia (5)

Hello @Ayra. Nope it is not too late to sign up at all. I will add you to the list shortly. :) Welcome to the FE group! I hope you are going to have a great cruise. Just make sure you have made it to 10 posts, so that you can receive communication via the Private Messaging system. I will contact you via that for further details such as your cabin number. :)

@Ayra As a Disboard member, everyone has a post count (how many messages you have posted on the board). If you look on the left of this post, under the poster’s username, you will see the count and join date. Currently you are on 7. Once you have made 10 posts on the board, then the private messaging/start a conversation between members becomes available. This is how the FE list will be distributed once ready :flower:Hope that helps! :welcome:

First time cruise- just now learning about this FE... if we joined..how many rooms would we do gifts for?
Welcome Catherine! :welcome:

At the moment we are only a small group - just three families, and you would make four. So currently, there would be three other rooms to make/prepare gifts for. I am hoping that will change as the cruise gets closer and people began to think about it a bit more, and sign up, but we will see, especially as the posted cut-off date is approaching. :thumbsup2 As a guide, our first FE group had 40+ families, which were split into two sub-groups, but high numbers were obvious months before the cruise. Our last cruise had 14 families, and we were just one big FE group, with maybe four to five members signing up in the last week of open registration.

Gift choices are personal - some people choose to make something, others buy things and some do a combination. The thing I want to stress is it does not have to cost a lot, or be a stressful venture. Sometimes the smaller gifts are more meaningful, especially when FE members share something from home like a postcard or region-specific (commercially prepackaged with allowable food content that meets customs/quarantine requirements) chocolates/candy. As we are Australian, we like to bring a little Aussie to our FE gifts ;) Hopefully that is appreciated as it is something a little different.

Let me know if you would like to join the group. Also, as a new member to the DisBoards, you will need to ensure your post count reaches 10 shortly, as private messages are only available to new accounts when you hit 10 posts, and we will be sending FE group information out via this method. The cruise forum is a great place to ask questions and get tips, so pop over there and start posting all your burning questions - you'll be at 10 posts before you know it!

I'll let you know today or tomorrow. Is that okay? When is the cut-off? I love this idea- but was intimidated at the thought of a group of 20 or something like that!!

The closing date for the FE group is 10th November so there is still time yet. We might extend the closing date a little as the group is only small. We try to keep the groups fairly small so everyone doesn't feel pressured into gifting too many cabins

Once we close sign-ups we will let you know how many cabins will be in the FE group :D

I'll let you know today or tomorrow. Is that okay? When is the cut-off? I love this idea- but was intimidated at the thought of a group of 20 or something like that!!
No problem at all. I think we will end up being a small group. If you check out the original post in this thread, you will see a list of current FE group members. Plus, you can always join now, then wait for the confirmation date to decide if you will continue.

so we will need to make gifts for 5 families or 4
As PlutoDisney said, the closing date is 10th November (but we may extend as very quiet at the moment). Until then (or revised date) anyone can join, so numbers may change. Just watch the top thread to see the potential list of participants.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!