"Fear of flying" site?

dburg30

Ferb, I know what we're going to do today!
I thought on one thread that someone was worried about flying, someone posted a site that tried to explain some of the noises / sensations you experienced during a flight. Was I imagnining that or can someone point me in the right direction? I have a sis in law that's freaked out about flying and I was hoping to check that out to give them the site or be able to answer some of her questions..

Thanks much!

Great book:

"This is your captain speaking" by Ray Stark
Flight Training for Passengers

Take it with you onboard.

Cool, I will pass these links and the book on to those that need it :)

On previous flights, I've printed out sections from several of the sites mentioned then highlight sections that help me out. It really does help, IMO!

Oh...... also a little Lorazepam goes a long way. :thumbsup2

I would recommend anyone who is a nervous flyer, especially one who doesn't fly often to avoid any sort of medication/drugs (this includes alcohol) to help ease their comfort. If there was an emergency or a situation that required their attention, drugs and medication would make an unfamiliar situation even worst.

I am all for tough love and direct understanding of ones fear and the websites others have mentioned really go a long way in addressing the fear at face value and addressing it logically and soundly.

There is also a Flying Without Fear iPhone/iTouch app released by Virgin Atlantic that covers a lot of this material. It has a bunch of explanations, a few videos and even some relaxation exercises to get through panic attacks. I found it marginally useful though not spectacular.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter