Feb 2020 Thread

I found it extremely difficult to find discounts for February yesterday. Is that normal or were there less available this year? I'm shocked because this has never happened in 15 years (usual trips were in Sept and Jan).

I found it extremely difficult to find discounts for February yesterday. Is that normal or were there less available this year? I'm shocked because this has never happened in 15 years (usual trips were in Sept and Jan).
I don't know where you are from but for canadians I got a 20% discount in tickets, 10% discount in our POP room an a $30 usd gift card per person because we had a 6 days tickets, all in all we were able to save around $370 on the initial package price, when I called they said they had free dining for kids but it wasn't available yet for canadians

I don't know where you are from but for canadians I got a 20% discount in tickets, 10% discount in our POP room an a $30 usd gift card per person because we had a 6 days tickets, all in all we were able to save around $370 on the initial package price, when I called they said they had free dining for kids but it wasn't available yet for canadians

My sister is in Canada and was able to get some great discounts on our room that weren't available in the US. Unfortunately, the cast member said they check everyone's ID at the resort and only two of us have Canadian ID. We ended up getting a discount on a DVC villa that was less than our full priced regular room. I'm happy with it but I was expecting more options.

Hi, from Ontario. After my last trip I didn't believe I would be returning. I retired in November of 2018 to be a caregiver. There is no where else I would travel as a solo but Disney! When I saw the disount offered a few days ago, I couldn't resist staying at AKL. It is a dream of mine to stay here, my first Deluxe resort. 25% off and the Canadian deal on tickets pushed me to overlook the horrible exchange rate.
I still wish my Disney travel partner, my DSis was coming too but thats life. I wanted to wait for Tron, Guardians and all the new Disneyworld birthday attractions but with an aging parent and life in general, better not put things off. I hope February is warmish and that they extend some of the park hours a little.🐶💖

I love POFQ, (4 stays) and AOA is such a fun resort! (Haven't stayed there but love visiting - and now you get the Skyliner!) I haven't been since Feb 2017 and there is so much that is new since my last trip - I bet it will feel like a first trip all over again for you! Enjoy!
Yes very excited for the Skyliner (regardless of the snafu this week lol). Any suggestions for room requests in POFQ?

Yes very excited for the Skyliner (regardless of the snafu this week lol). Any suggestions for room requests in POFQ?

Honestly, by my 4th stay at POFQ I didn't even make any requests; I knew I'd be happy wherever they put me. The resort is small enough, nothing feels far from anywhere. I was in bldg 5 twice and bldg 2 twice. When I requested, I just went for "close to transportation." If I had to pick one, 5 has a nice central location.

And I am still excited for the Skyliner, too!

Looking at Feb 7th-12th and I think it will be interesting because we usually go when it's blistering even in November, I felt like I was dying. We are still cementing our plans on either staying AoA or Pop though. Just couldn't find any dates open for Pop, which is strange but also makes me think they are hanging onto the rooms right now.

Just read that Test Track is going down for refurbishment for a month from late Jan to late Feb :worried:

On the plus side, it solves the dilemma of whether to get a FP for Soarin or TT!

Looking at Feb 7th-12th and I think it will be interesting because we usually go when it's blistering even in November, I felt like I was dying. We are still cementing our plans on either staying AoA or Pop though. Just couldn't find any dates open for Pop, which is strange but also makes me think they are hanging onto the rooms right now.
I think the cheer championships are first two weeks of February, maybe?

We will be at POP Feb 6-13th. Anyone know the chances of Splash Mountain being open during this time??

We will be at POP Feb 6-13th. Anyone know the chances of Splash Mountain being open during this time??
I've been on many refurb and closure pages and all I find is that the train is down! Along with many other things that I dont really care about. Check out Touring Plans etc.for closures. I'll be at Disney Feb 4th to 11th.

I've been on many refurb and closure pages and all I find is that the train is down! Along with many other things that I dont really care about. Check out Touring Plans etc.for closures. I'll be at Disney Feb 4th to 11th.
Me too!! I'll keep checking around & keeping my fingers crossed!! For both of us :) looks like the last several years it has been open by Feb 1 so hopefully they continue the trend.

I see that hours for Early Morning Magic were released for Feb. but was anyone able to book it? I sort of remember this from last year... they showed the dates but it said unavaible for a couple weeks...

I see that hours for Early Morning Magic were released for Feb. but was anyone able to book it? I sort of remember this from last year... they showed the dates but it said unavaible for a couple weeks...

I've checked it a few times and have had zero luck.

Has anyone in the US had success booking a value with any of the deals released for spring? It seems like no matter how I play with discount/resort/dates, nothing is available.

Well, here it is :(

https://www.wdwmagic.com/attraction...g-for-lengthy-refurbishment-in-early-2020.htm

We are only at WDW parks on Feb 26 (MK) and 27 (DHS/Epcot) before DCL beginning Feb 28. Our MK plan was to try to do the mountains plus 7DMT and TT is DS7's favorite for Epcot. That is scheduled to go to refurb but be reopen ON Feb 28. So here's to hoping that there's no delay! But, I suppose we should be prepared when scheduling a trip during refurb season.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts