Feb 5-9 - No resort availability- anyone know of large events?

MickeyNC

Earning My Ears
We were considering an impromptu trip to Disney Feb 5-9. I know Disney is always busy, but there was almost no availability on property during this period. I called reservations and they scraped up a couple rooms at the Poly but that was it. I was very surprised since I thought it was early enough to miss President’s Day. Anyone know of any big events going on during that timeframe?

I heard it was a huge sports competition (dance or cheer or something like that?) I am there at the same time too. After a lot of trying I snagged one night at a campsite. (i have a 4 night offsite stay before) although I wanted a value. Ppl say it is likely rooms will get released about a month before so keep checking.

I have been debating if I want to stay 4 nights, 5 nights, or 10 nights lol. Can’t decide and darn hotel prices just shot up - even for offsite. I regret not booking a refundable offsite reservation 2 weeks ago when I started my internal debate.

Yes, it is NCA cheer competition. I am there with my daughter in law and my granddaughter. We are stay at the BWI, I was not fond of being surrounded by hundreds of cheerleaders!

Yes, it is NCA cheer competition. I am there with my daughter in law and my granddaughter. We are stay at the BWI, I was not fond of being surrounded by hundreds of cheerleaders!
Might be interesting for sure!

I heard it was a huge sports competition (dance or cheer or something like that?) I am there at the same time too. After a lot of trying I snagged one night at a campsite. (i have a 4 night offsite stay before) although I wanted a value. Ppl say it is likely rooms will get released about a month before so keep checking.

I have been debating if I want to stay 4 nights, 5 nights, or 10 nights lol. Can’t decide and darn hotel prices just shot up - even for offsite. I regret not booking a refundable offsite reservation 2 weeks ago when I started my internal debate.
Thanks for the tip - we will keep checking availability.

Might be interesting for sure!
Oh, I am sure! My granddaughter’s practices are being held at All Star Sports on the football field. I can’t imagine what that will be like. This is her first year participating and spoiled child that she is, asked if there was a lounge at the All Stars!! When I told her no, she agreed to stay at the BWI with me!

FYI: I just spotted a standard room available at POFQ for Feb 6-10. Not sure about other dates. Couldn't get any of the current spring discounts applied to that room though, not even my passholder discount. Looks like only rack rate rooms available. I ended up booking a few nights offsite followed by a couple of nights at All Star Music. Hoping for rooms for the weekend to get released in the next while so will have to keep checking.

This gets asked so much it almost needs to be a sticky. Yes, the cheerleading competition is that weekend. There's also lots of groups of the 15's that time of year. The bad news is this causes a ripple effect of resorts at all levels filling up. The good news is they really shouldn't have too much effect on your park touring, unless you're unlucky enough to have a group of them beat you to a ride queue.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter