February 2018 TDR Trip Report

greenkai3000

DIS Veteran
Ok first of all, I'm glad I got to experience TDR in the winter. Anna and Elsa's Frozen Fantasy at TDL, Duffy's Heartwarming Days, and Pixar's Playtime events were very cool. Having said that...the parks were packed!!! We were shocked to see sooooo many students there during our 3 day visit. Was school out for the week, or was it crowded because of Valentine's Season? I thought winter, specially February, was a slow time at the Resort?

We flew into NRT, and took the Airport Shuttle to our resort, the Ambassador Hotel. Our first night there, we decided to hit up TDS. We were only able to ride Sinbad and 20K Leagues that evening, because of 2hr+ wait times. That's quite a change from our first trip back in May of 2015. Still, we were able to enjoy the park and see Fantasmic despite the bitter cold weather.

The next time we got up early, and headed off for TDL. I had a game plan that worked perfectly 3 years ago, but despite having Happy 15 privileges, we couldn't get that many FPs. They were scarce throughout the day. Plus Splash Mountain and the Haunted Mansion were down that whole week. On the plus side,we were able to get FPs for both Pooh's Hunny Hunt, and Monsters Inc that morning. We were also able to go on Space Mountain, the latest version of Star Tours, Big Thunder Mountain, and Pirates. Oh, and we finally got to go on what I consider is the best version of the Jungle Cruise!

Another first was being able to get some of the food and snacks we didn't try last time. Curry popcorn, peach ice pops, and Mickey shaped burgers FTW! All while enjoying Anna and Elsa's Frozen Fantasy parade.

We must've worn ourselves out too much (Plus jet lag hit us hard that day) because when we got back to our hotel in the middle of the day to take a break...We slept the whole afternoon, and through the evening. We missed the Castle projection show, and night time parade :( All in all we enjoyed ourselves. More to come later... but here's some of the pics I took that day.

https://www.facebook.com/Greenkai3000/media_set?set=a.10160021441125613.1073741903.500960612&type=3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter