February 2019 Discount Watch

I'm waiting too!!I We're going Feb 6th -11th. I'm hoping the package or codes will be good enough that we can upgrade to the DxDP. I managed to get all the I wanted ADRs booked. I was even able to score Cali Grill brunch! I'm super excited.

Based on the historic rate discounts, I'm going to start checking for discounts daily around the last two weeks of September (but may not see anything until October). Getting close!!! Thought I was all set for dinning plans, and then I saw the announcement about the Snow White and 7D dinner at WL. I'm a sucker for the 7D, so hoping to check that one out.:tink:

Really!!!! That is too cool....have to look into that....thanks for the heads up! Where did you read that, here? Was it for WC or AP?

Really!!!! That is too cool....have to look into that....thanks for the heads up! Where did you read that, here? Was it for WC or AP?

I saw it somewhere on the Disboards and the Disney Parks Blog on 8/30. If you go back to the DPB, you can read the article about it.

We will be there February 26-28. Wanted to rent points, but I'm too chicken so we'll wait and see what kind of discount comes out. I'm a fan of Beach Club, but only with a discount.

We're going for our Honeymoon and looking at February 22-Mar 2, and we registered with Disney Honeymoon Wishes and have received some awesome stuff already for it. I'm a big Lilo and Stitch fan, and would like to stay at Polynesian. I'm interested in any discount codes though if they come along. :)

Based on the historic rate discounts, I'm going to start checking for discounts daily around the last two weeks of September (but may not see anything until October). Getting close!!! Thought I was all set for dinning plans, and then I saw the announcement about the Snow White and 7D dinner at WL. I'm a sucker for the 7D, so hoping to check that one out.:tink:
I need to find out more about this Snow White and 7 dwarves dinner!

We'll be there almost the exact same time Feb 26 - Mar 7th at AKL :) I love the planning as well!
We are looking at feb 26 - march 5! Not sure where yet. Hoping to stay at one of our bucket list resorts but we’ll see. Yay for planning!

We booked POFQ Feb 6th to the 11th with DxDP but we'll switch if a good deal comes out. I'd love to be able to stay at AK, BC it WL. My hubby wants to stay at BW so we'd be happy with pretty much anything, lol.

We're up for any WDW Resort discounts, first week of Feb, 3-8. Hoping we will see something soon. We do have a tentative reservation at POFQ.

We're up for any WDW Resort discounts, first week of Feb, 3-8. Hoping we will see something soon. We do have a tentative reservation at POFQ.
It sounds like a lot of us are booked at POFQ with the hopes of switching if a discount comes out.

It sounds like a lot of us are booked at POFQ with the hopes of switching if a discount comes out.
That's pretty typical. POFQ is usually the first resort to sell out during a promotion. It's always a good idea to have a backup resort in mind if, when you call, they don't have any more rooms eligible for the discount.

They only set aside a certain number of rooms for the discount. When you call to "apply" the discount to your reservation they essentially have to cancel your current reservation and then re-book your reservation. When you call they will look at availability first. If they see an eligible room, they will hold it and move your reservation to that room.

That's pretty typical. POFQ is usually the first resort to sell out during a promotion. It's always a good idea to have a backup resort in mind if, when you call, they don't have any more rooms eligible for the discount.

They only set aside a certain number of rooms for the discount. When you call to "apply" the discount to your reservation they essentially have to cancel your current reservation and then re-book your reservation. When you call they will look at availability first. If they see an eligible room, they will hold it and move your reservation to that room.

I guess I booked POFQ as I am willing to stay there and pay the full price if no discount comes out. I would actually really like to stay at CR if a discount come out for the dates of my vacation.

For those that will find this of interest:

Here's a list of historical release dates for Stay Play Dine:

2018 Travel - released 10/3/17 VISA, released 10/3/17 PUBLIC *(no early Visa release although there were add'l discounts for Visa cardholders)
2017 Travel - released 9/28/16 VISA, released 9/30/16 PUBLIC
2016 Travel - released 9/24/15 VISA, released 9/28/15 PUBLIC
2015 Travel - released 10/6/14 VISA, released 10/9/14 PUBLIC
2014 Travel - released 10/3/13 VISA, released 10/7/13 PUBLIC
2013 Travel - released 10/4/12 VISA, released 10/10/12 PUBLIC

And just to add info here for those that stumble across this post, 2011 & 2012 were the last 2 years where Free Dining was offered during Jan/Feb/Mar. For 2013 and onward it's been Stay, Play & Dine. There's been rumors EVERY year since then that free dining is coming, and then it ends up being StayPlayDine so if you hear that rumor again, take it with a grain of salt.

Also if you want to know more about how this deal has worked in the past and how to calculate what your savings might be check this out: https://www.disboards.com/threads/stay-play-dine-2018-calculation-thread.3638155/ *(there are also threads for '15, '16 and '17 linked in the first comment on the 2018 thread)

EDIT: I believe in all instances these release dates ALSO coincide with the release of Room Only Discounts for Travel Dates in January/February (and sometimes beyond).

Last edited:
I'm already booked at AOA little mermaid room, so I won't be able to get the room discount? But maybe the stay play and drive if they do it? Also, how do disney Visa card members hear about discount release does anyone know?

I'm already booked at AOA little mermaid room, so I won't be able to get the room discount? But maybe the stay play and drive if they do it? Also, how do disney Visa card members hear about discount release does anyone know?
Little mermaid is not include in play stay and dine

Checked today and all standard rooms at Pop are gone for our short trip 2/1-5. Reserved a Preferred room to be on safe side but I am waiting for Disney Visa room discount hopefully soon and if not then the AP discount.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter