February 2020 Car Rental

Wow, very little posting for a February 2020 Car Rental thread. I'm guess the higher prices are keeping people from renting. I was so focused on my January trip that I neglected to look for a car for Princess weekend. The prices are just crazy. I made a reservation with Avis using my corporate discount. Standard (2/20-2/24) for $203.90. Obviously hope to do better. Lol.

Added an extra day last week and it didn't change my Avis price. This morning, I got an autoslash notice. Got the same car with Avis for $182.40 with Priceline. No credit card and no fee cancellation.

Codes listed:
Coupon: TUSA012
AWD: J064600
Rate Code: QS

This didn’t come up on AutoSlash for my trip in March but when I entered the AWD and coupon codes directly at Avis I a quote of $198.96 for a full-size 3/14 - 3/21

Do you know where the AWD came from?

This didn’t come up on AutoSlash for my trip in March but when I entered the AWD and coupon codes directly at Avis I a quote of $198.96 for a full-size 3/14 - 3/21

Do you know where the AWD came from?
I have no idea but Autoslash found the price and it's through Priceline so I'm guessing its ok to use.

Rates are still very high, and availability looks spotty for Alamo for my dates (2/22 to 2/29). A couple weeks back the best I could do was the Intermediate SUV for $277 using Costco discount. Now they are showing “Not Available” for that car class entirely. Other car class options are similar or more expensive. I was really hoping rates would come down but I may be cutting my losses soon.

Yes, agreed, glad I booked my mid SUV for 2/13-2/16. I think I have $230, which is NOT great for 3-4 days, but it is now showing unavailable for me too.

So I'm looking into booking a rental car for our upcoming weekend trip. Booking a Standard Car for 2/28-3/1 for $89 from Avis through Costco. Cheapest I've found so far. I like the included additional driver too.

But, I'm reading so many reviews that I'm hesitant to use any other company besides Enterprise (who I've never had issues with). Has anyone used Avis at MCO? What are your thoughts?

Last edited:
Added an extra day last week and it didn't change my Avis price. This morning, I got an autoslash notice. Got the same car with Avis for $182.40 with Priceline. No credit card and no fee cancellation.

Codes listed:
Is the AWD code your "corporate" code? It gives me quite a discount, but I can't find information on it anywhere.

for me, it's all about how the agency handles the tolls. Some charge a daily fee regardless if you pay cash on the tolls. That's a big NO for me. We always use Alamo and pay cash at the tolls and that's the end of that. No charges. I think Enterprise and National also do it that way.

for me, it's all about how the agency handles the tolls. Some charge a daily fee regardless if you pay cash on the tolls. That's a big NO for me. We always use Alamo and pay cash at the tolls and that's the end of that. No charges. I think Enterprise and National also do it that way.
Just use this - https://www.visitortollpass.com/ then you don't have to worry about the rental agency toll policy.

I got a Sunpass too, about 6 years ago. I go to Orlando about 2X a year, so it has come in handy.

I think I have found the best rate for my up coming trip, Budget through Costco Canada site Feb 20-26 $226 for Standard SUV. We don't arrive until 11:45pm so hopefully the Fastbreak counter is not very busy. As an added bonus we get a $30 Costco card after completion of rental.
On a side note I had two reservations using with Alamo using the coupon AD6809JDH which locked up my reservations and I could not do on line check in. I have already completed the one reservation in Fort Lauderdale last month and I could not use the kiosk as I was informed on the phone. I had to go to the counter, luckily it was midnight and I only waited about 15 minutes. The rate was honoured and there was no questions about the coupon. I cancelled my other res for a mid suv with the coupon for Feb because my husband prefers a standard suv and it was only $5 more plus we get the Costco card.
Good luck everyone, I check multiple times a day and I am finding the rates more than we have paid in the past. Last year our Alamo mid suv was $178 Feb 22-March 1

Codes listed:
I’ve used autoslash in past when they’ve ‘beat’ an existing rate with no issues

Just cobbled a last minute trip together for upcoming holiday weekend (base rate pricing out for ‘a week’).

Best i could find was alamo mid size for $250.

This slashed that by $100 WOOHOO for a standard with possible upgrade coupon at counter, if available. The above coupon wouldn’t work on my rental for some reason.

Many thanks!

I’ve used autoslash in past when they’ve ‘beat’ an existing rate with no issues

Just cobbled a last minute trip together for upcoming holiday weekend (base rate pricing out for ‘a week’).

Best i could find was alamo mid size for $250.

This slashed that by $100 WOOHOO for a standard with possible upgrade coupon at counter, if available. The above coupon wouldn’t work on my rental for some reason.

Many thanks!

Wow! That $100 off is GREAT! Glad it worked for you.

Wow! That $100 off is GREAT! Glad it worked for you.
Nice of you to share it. I spent last half hour changing all my rental car reservations thru August lol.

Re the toll responder issue with alamo, I looked on website and found the verbage for Florida. Also, called them. Both sources indicate that only if manually open the shield box. do you activate the transponder. I do plan on mentioning it when I pick up the car JIK Since i have my own have sunpass & ezpass (which I’m told should work in FL but have never attempted).

Nice of you to share it. I spent last half hour changing all my rental car reservations thru August lol.

Re the toll responder issue with alamo, I looked on website and found the verbage for Florida. Also, called them. Both sources indicate that only if manually open the shield box. do you activate the transponder. I do plan on mentioning it when I pick up the car JIK Since i have my own have sunpass & ezpass (which I’m told should work in FL but have never attempted).

My EZPass (from Delaware) has never worked in Florida. I do have my own SunPass . This is what is says about the EZpass in Florida:

E-ZPass is only accepted on the Central Florida Expressway Authority's 118-mile toll road network in Metro Orlando which includes downtown Orlando and surrounding communities.

There's a map here - it looks like it may work if you take 417, but not 528?

https://www.cfxway.com/wp-content/u...Map-of-CFX-Roads-Accepting-E-ZPassFinal-1.pdf

My EZPass (from Delaware) has never worked in Florida. I do have my own SunPass . This is what is says about the EZpass in Florida:

E-ZPass is only accepted on the Central Florida Expressway Authority's 118-mile toll road network in Metro Orlando which includes downtown Orlando and surrounding communities.

There's a map here - it looks like it may work if you take 417, but not 528?

https://www.cfxway.com/wp-content/u...Map-of-CFX-Roads-Accepting-E-ZPassFinal-1.pdf
Thanks. I usually do take 417 but since I bought the sunpass before they decided to finally start implementing ezpass, figure it’s easy enough to just toss it in my book bag.

Has/is anyone picking up from Alamo this weekend? I have 2 reservations, one for a midsize SUV and the other for a minivan, starting Monday. I'm debating whether I check in for one or wait until I arrive to see what's in each aisle, since Midsize SUV is showing as completely sold out I'm wondering what (if anything) is currently in that aisle.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!