*** February 2021 Thread ***

2 more days!! and you KNOW I'm super excited, but now looking at the weather...

:headache:

We arrive Thursday and are heading to DS - no biggie...

and then Friday is our 1st park day and my cousin's first day at MK! and its supposed to rain....like 70% chance....all morning according to weather.com.

F a duck!

that looks to be only rainy day but I wanted her first day to be glorious, and not wet....on the upside, the temperature has slowly raised over the lats week from low 60s to 72 - which means at least it won't be rainy AND cold...

I know, I know...be glad I'm there..I know.... :crazy2::crazy2:

Pretty much the same for us. We land at 4 tomorrow and doing dinner is DS. MK on friday. Hoping the weather changes direction lol

Welp, the ice storm in Texas caused us to rebook everything and cancel all our ADR's. We are now arriving on Saturday, Feb 20 and leaving on Feb 24. We rebooked our park tickets, had to add on 2 more hotel days via a new DVC rental. We had to eat 2 days on the front end since we had to rebook our flights. We did lose all our ADR's and GE saber and droid building extras.

Our apartment is without power and water, so all this stress better be worth it. lol

We're back home. It was most definitely a wonderful vacation and much needed. We loved the new option to mobile order take-out from the resort restaurants, but the no FP is really a disaster for seasoned Disney travelers. I'm sure it's fine over a non-holiday week but as a teacher and with HS aged kids, we can't take a week off in the middle of the school year, we're stuck with school vacations... and I was frequently assured that the wait times were inflated (they're not - we waited 45 minutes for Peter Pan, posted 40, and 70 for FOP, posted 80, AT park close!). We don't Rope Drop any more, but are usually very successful with FPs and then getting more all day long - frequently choosing our evening park to hop to based on FP availability. We all missed the fire works as well. While we enjoyed the cavalcades, my DH said he missed the big production of the parades. With teens, we didn't miss the buffets or character meals.

So, all in all, my DD and I will go back again, but my DH and DS said count them out for a couple years or until there are better options - or my DS said as long as we have at least a 1-bd room villa, he'd come hang out at the resort while we do the parks.

Sorry to report we have cancelled trip scheduled for 2/28-3/6. We were at CSR several weeks ago and had real problems with an ECV and the busses....it was really difficult to get a bus with space for ECV early in am..and then one morning the ECV toppled over while riding the bus. The busses often arrived at the GDT stop with passengers already seated in ECV space and drivers loaded people waiting behind us in line and left. So we have decided to wait until an ECV is not necessary to return to Disney. Wishing everyone with upcoming trips safe travels!!!

Has anyone stayed at CSR this month? I am curious which section people were being put in. I hear Casitas are not being booked due to the NBA, and I think I noticed some staying in the Cabana's. But I wasn't sure how things worked out. I will be there Saturday and it's still a mystery.

Has anyone stayed at CSR this month? I am curious which section people were being put in. I hear Casitas are not being booked due to the NBA, and I think I noticed some staying in the Cabana's. But I wasn't sure how things worked out. I will be there Saturday and it's still a mystery.

Just back, stayed Feb 17-21. I booked a standard king and was put in building 7B, Ranchos.

Any updates on how early people are getting into HS in the morning?
We were there last week. For both our HS days they started letting people in about 8:15. We lined up around 7:45 and were the first group let in. My kids were the first on slinky dog!

Does anyone have any reports for the past few weeks in regards to crowds? I am seeing some people posting on another thread about how it was packed, even yesterday. With wait times for Slinky for instance hitting 70 minutes... I always thought after presidents day that Feb started to calm down. Guess things are different these days...

Does anyone have any reports for the past few weeks in regards to crowds? I am seeing some people posting on another thread about how it was packed, even yesterday. With wait times for Slinky for instance hitting 70 minutes... I always thought after presidents day that Feb started to calm down. Guess things are different these days...
We just got back home yesterday and I can tell you it was packed at all the parks we went to. MK, AK, and HS. HS had the worst lines. TOT was 90min long, even though it was posted for 70 min. MK we rode 6 rides, HS we rode on 3 and AK we rode on 3. We left at 2pm from AK to get some rest because our legs were killing us. We missed a lot of rides due to long lines. I timed them all with Touring Plans. I guess we just have to go back and ride the ones we missed. :P

We just got back home yesterday and I can tell you it was packed at all the parks we went to. MK, AK, and HS. HS had the worst lines. TOT was 90min long, even though it was posted for 70 min. MK we rode 6 rides, HS we rode on 3 and AK we rode on 3. We left at 2pm from AK to get some rest because our legs were killing us. We missed a lot of rides due to long lines. I timed them all with Touring Plans. I guess we just have to go back and ride the ones we missed. :P

Geez.. during the week also. That is horrible... I arrive Saturday and will be doing AK-HS-MK-EP-MK next week. I guess with the roasting temps this isn't going to be as "great" as I thought it would be. =(

Pretty much the same for us. We land at 4 tomorrow and doing dinner is DS. MK on friday. Hoping the weather changes direction lol
so.......we got NO weather at home but we still had weather affecting our flights! Our SW plane was coming from BWI, which was covered in snow, we left almost 4 hours late, and missed our dinner at Boathouse in DS, but ate at Geyser Point at WL instead but at least we got there!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!