Feet Don’t Fail Me Now!

As soon as we entered the park we saw that the parade was going on, so we stopped and watched.

mardi27 by Jenseib, on Flickr

mardi124 by Jenseib, on Flickr

mardi28 by Jenseib, on Flickr

mardi125 by Jenseib, on Flickr

mardi126 by Jenseib, on Flickr

mardi127 by Jenseib, on Flickr

mardi128 by Jenseib, on Flickr

mardi29 by Jenseib, on Flickr

mardi30 by Jenseib, on Flickr

mardi129 by Jenseib, on Flickr

mardi130 by Jenseib, on Flickr

mardi131 by Jenseib, on Flickr

mardi132 by Jenseib, on Flickr

mardi133 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Who lives in a pineapple under the sea!

mardi134 by Jenseib, on Flickr

mardi135 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Sponge Bob Square Pants!

mardi136 by Jenseib, on Flickr

mardi137 by Jenseib, on Flickr

mardi138 by Jenseib, on Flickr

mardi139 by Jenseib, on Flickr

mardi140 by Jenseib, on Flickr

mardi141 by Jenseib, on Flickr

mardi142 by Jenseib, on Flickr

mardi143 by Jenseib, on Flickr

mardi144 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Their parades are not on the same scale as Disney, but they do have some nice floats.

mardi145 by Jenseib, on Flickr

mardi146 by Jenseib, on Flickr

mardi147 by Jenseib, on Flickr

mardi148 by Jenseib, on Flickr

mardi31 by Jenseib, on Flickr

mardi32 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I am doing zipline in St. Kitts on this next cruise. Cass and Jeanne talked me into it. I had a little panic attack about it the other night. But Claire really wants to do it.

You are brave. I don't do heights or thrill rides and a zipline is about my worst nightmare.

I have toured the Dream before too and I just wanted to hide and not get off. LOL.

I think that would be a lot more difficult touring a ship that you have sailed on before.

They stopped selling express pass for the park because even with that people are only getting on 3-4 rides a day. I hope they get it all worked out.

That surprises me. I thought that whole business model was based on not having to wait in line.

That looks a little more Caribbean or at least tropical.

It was odd as most of them got theirs pretty fast and mine was one of the last ones made.

Without fail I am always the last to get my food or drink when I am out with people.

I love this room. I think I have seen photos of all the Universal resorts now and this is by far my favourite.

Corinna

You are brave. I don't do heights or thrill rides and a zipline is about my worst nightmare.

Well I don't really either. Cass says she is taking video and you may all witness me crying.

That surprises me. I thought that whole business model was based on not having to wait in line.

Well it is, but it's not working. LOL.

That looks a little more Caribbean or at least tropical.

Yes

Without fail I am always the last to get my food or drink when I am out with people.

LOL. Well I was the first to order but I guess they didn't like me.

I love this room. I think I have seen photos of all the Universal resorts now and this is by far my favourite.

I like it but it's not my favorite, but for the price point I enjoy it.

We started to move on to get to the horror make up show.

mardi149 by Jenseib, on Flickr

The floats then stopped and they had a little dance party.

mardi150 by Jenseib, on Flickr

mardi151 by Jenseib, on Flickr

mardi33 by Jenseib, on Flickr

mardi152 by Jenseib, on Flickr

mardi153 by Jenseib, on Flickr

mardi154 by Jenseib, on Flickr

mardi156 by Jenseib, on Flickr

mardi155 by Jenseib, on Flickr

The tickets we got from our conference included Express Pass so it was nice to be able to use that now.

mardi34 by Jenseib, on Flickr

We got a front row seat and we waited for the show to start. Patty and Lisa texted us and said they just passed Rick Springfield as they were heading to the boat launch…but didn’t even realize it till after he had passed and some other ladies mentioned that he was walking by. Ugh!!! I want to see him!!! LOL.

The show then started.

mardi35 by Jenseib, on Flickr

mardi36 by Jenseib, on Flickr

They took an audience member on stage….thank goodness they passed by me as the lady was just in the row behind us.

I took a little bit of video too.

This is a show I have never seen and I was really impressed. I had debated coming to see it with the girls or heading off to see what the wait for Kong was…I am so glad I came. It was pretty funny and a lot of fun.

Brook and I then went to see what the wait was for ET, but even with Express Pass I think it would be a good 15 – 20 minutes in total before we would be done and we needed to really be back for our event before that, so we decided to skip it and head that way.

I believe they called this Central Park, though I had never heard this area called that before.

mardi37 by Jenseib, on Flickr

We had to show our credentials to get in and then we walked a little ways to where they had standing tables set up. We all wished they had some chair too.

mardi38 by Jenseib, on Flickr

They had tables set up with food and one for drinks. This was supposed to be supper and we were kind of disappointed. It had some sandwiches on one table, and then another had veggies and dip I believe and then one had some Cajun foods, like jambalaya and some sausage things. I am not a big fan of Cajun food….and even the sandwiches seemed to have a Cajun flavor…..but I thought the sausage things were tasty and the jambalaya was good. Not the best I had, but decent. I can eat that, but I really couldn’t make a meal of anything as it was all more appetizers. Many people did not like Cajun food at all and some went out and got some snacks and brought them back.

mardi157 by Jenseib, on Flickr

mardi158 by Jenseib, on Flickr

mardi159 by Jenseib, on Flickr

mardi39 by Jenseib, on Flickr

After a bit we were told we could go off again on our own and to meet back here at a certain time. Had I known we were going to have more free time, I would have left and found some more food.

A bunch of use decided to go on the Simpsons….which is one of my all-time favorite rides. Lisa is nervous about rides and she kept asking us how each one was….and then she would scream the whole time….and we would laugh hysterically at her…and usually she said she liked them when she was done.

mardi161 by Jenseib, on Flickr

mardi162 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I think Lenora and Brook went on ET while we were on the Simpsons.

After that many of us headed over to Men in Black and rode that….I had the high score! Yay!!!!

It was then time to meet back up to get ready for the parade. I thought they had us meeting fairly early, but I had no clue what we would have to do to get ready.

mardi40 by Jenseib, on Flickr

After everyone was there, they led us over to the Barney area.

mardi41 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Where we waited for what seemed like forever. We had been divided into groups, I believe according the lanyard we were wearing. My company was wearing the Simpsons themed lanyards and they had all sorts of different ones for each company.

We chatted and waited and chatted and waited……

My friend who had said he would be in the park today messaged me and said he was across from the new Jimmy Fallon ride so I told him I would look for him.

Finally something started to happened and we got announcements and told how to throw the beads…Frisbee style or underhand…never overhand….though it was easy to forget and sometimes I accidently did so. But throwing overhand you can really beam people. Heck even the other 2 ways we were pegging people on accident.

Video.

And then our leader…I believe his name was Chris took us back stage.

mardi42 by Jenseib, on Flickr

We had to wear costumes, which just slipped right over our clothes….super easy…and they had different sizes. He went over the rules again and when we saw our float……so many people wanted to take a picture, but of course he had to keep reminding us we couldn’t. There were all the people back there ready to go and I recognized them all from the other night when I watched.

Chris told us that a song we would hear a LOT would be Feet Don’t Fail Me Now. He said the best way to time when to throw the beads was to sing in your head…..Feet don’t fail me now, Feet don’t fail me now….throw…..and repeat. He said that way you should have enough beads to last the whole parade route. We had boxes of beads but once they were out, then they were out. We would have a hook in front of each of us with beads hanging and he would be on the float coming around to refill as needed.

Oh Boy!!!! This is going to be fun!

We then boarded our float…which is just basically wood on our side…not pretty at all. And Brook and I headed up top and Lenora was behind me and she was up top on the end….just a little ways from me. We had a lower level of people below us, so we had to be sure to throw over them too. We filled both sides of the float and soon we were singing….Feet don’t fail me now, feet don’t fail me now!

Here we go!!!!

mardi43 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Brook and I kept singing “Feet don’t fail me now, feet don’t fail me now!...throw” and we were totally laughing.

mardi44 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Oh, we were told to put beads on as well and we could keep those.

Lenora having fun!

mardi45 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Hi Patty!

mardi46 by Jenseib, on Flickr

We just kept laughing as we would throw the beads. We honestly were trying to be gentle but we had to get them to the sidewalk too and every so often we would totally blast someone who wasn’t paying attention. Note to self…if watching a parade where they are throwing beads…..you may get hit!

I threw one out and totally caught the guy by surprise and he caught it just in time…and then I realized it was my friend and I yelled his name! He was with his mom, who I had also met before, so they both waved back!

mardi47 by Jenseib, on Flickr

mardi2 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Brook took some video of it too and we laughed every time she bent down to get more beads.

mardi163 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Selfie time.

parade1 by Jenseib, on Flickr

mardi164 by Jenseib, on Flickr

As we got to the end we were running lower on beads but there were a couple of spots that people weren’t standing at the whole time and they still had beads on the hook, so we grabbed those and we had enough to last us to the end.

And I just have to say this was soooooo much fun. I would love to do it again. If you are ever there during Mardi Gras you might just get a call in your room asking if you would like to be in the parade…..DO IT!!!!!!! Now you will lose some evening time in the park, but if you are there a few days this will totally be worth it and such a fun memory. This was seriously one of our favorite things from this whole event….and we did some pretty cool things.

We rolled backstage again and took off our costumes and put them in a laundry bag….again no pictures. We were more towards the front of the parade, so when we headed out the parade was till going on. We once again were to meet back at our Central Park location for a dessert party.

mardi165 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Unfortunately dessert wasn’t much better than dinner. They had some bread pudding and I think the other was King bread …or something like that…both being Mardi Gras themed. The bread pudding was ok…not great but ok and the sauce was good on it. The bread was like a really really really dry cinnamon roll. I put the bread pudding sauce on that as well and that made it better…but all in all it was not that great and I really wanted something chocolatey.

mardi166 by Jenseib, on Flickr

mardi3 by Jenseib, on Flickr

mardi4 by Jenseib, on Flickr

mardi167 by Jenseib, on Flickr

mardi1 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I can’t remember if they bused us back to Sapphire or if we took the boat, but I am thinking we took the boat back.

mardi48 by Jenseib, on Flickr

We decided to meet up at the patio bar. I went to the room for a bit and I think I called home…etc. I then headed down the patio and just hung out with the girls for a bit. It was nice to just relax and talk and catch up a bit and unwind from the day. All too soon I was just too tired to go on and headed back to the room to go to bed. Lenora had gone back earlier I believe and she was going through her pictures on her phone and making cute collages. She always makes the cutest ones.

We had a busy day tomorrow with classes and tours so we decided it was time to get some sleep.

The tickets we got from our conference included Express Pass so it was nice to be able to use that now.

That is a great addition.

I threw one out and totally caught the guy by surprise and he caught it just in time…and then I realized it was my friend and I yelled his name! He was with his mom, who I had also met before, so they both waved back!

That made me laugh. It is amazing how things sometimes work out.

If you are ever there during Mardi Gras you might just get a call in your room asking if you would like to be in the parade

Oh, that is really neat that they open this up to guests.

Unfortunately dessert wasn’t much better than dinner.

That is a shame that the food was disappointing.

Corinna

That is a great addition.

It was so nice to have them.

That made me laugh. It is amazing how things sometimes work out.

I had not even been paying attention to where we were so I am glad I did see him.

Oh, that is really neat that they open this up to guests.

Yes, the next day we did have a message in our room inviting us to call and see about being in the parade, but of course we already had.

That is a shame that the food was disappointing.

That was the disappointing part of the trip...Food just was no great.

Feb. 27, 2017, Day 6

We were up nice and early as we had to be at class (which included breakfast) at an early hour. I am an early riser, so I am ok with this, but I will admit I am usually kind of slow when it comes to actually getting myself ready.

It was looking to be another nice day.

sapph3 by Jenseib, on Flickr

sapph4 by Jenseib, on Flickr

We headed off to Royal Pacific to the conference room and found a little buffet of breakfast items waiting for us.

class3 by Jenseib, on Flickr

And then class began and we had several presenters. I found it interesting and I did learn new stuff, which is always a plus.

We had little contests at the end of each presenter where we had to answer an question and if you were the first one to raise your hand and answer correctly you won a prize. I was a WINNER!!!!!

class4 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I love this cup and use it a lot! I even took it to Claire’s camp with me in April when I was the cabin mom.

It was Wendy’s birthday today and Lidia, our Business Development Manager, brought her out a little treat.

class5 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Our company evidently was paying attention as we won 3 of the prizes (I think out of 4 given). Someone actually complained that it was not fair….um yes it is…we paid attention and raised our hands and answered.

class6 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Let’s get a group picture.

class7 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Ok….you guys didn’t win, not sure you should be in a picture with us “winners”.

class8 by Jenseib, on Flickr

We only got short breaks during our classes this morning. They really kept us moving to cover a lot of stuff. Finally lunch time….well sort of. They had boxed lunches for us and we could choose between 2 sandwiches…I picked turkey.

class1 by Jenseib, on Flickr

We then were to take our lunch to another room, actually they had a couple of rooms and each company was sent to a particular room with 1 or 2 other companies, and sit at round tables….to have Round Table discussions. We did have about 15 minutes or so to start eating, use the restroom, etc. Sadly we couldn’t all sit at one table as some other gals sat down with us. I am not sure why, as they had co-workers at the other table. Oh well.

We started eating.

class10 by Jenseib, on Flickr

It really was a good sandwich and little lunch. We participated in the discussions as different presenters came to our table and we were able to ask questions and also give some feedback and input.

Then it was time to tour the resorts. Since we were staying at Sapphire Falls we would not be touring there. Our conference was at Royal Pacific so we started here with our tour.

We were broken up into groups and our leader was Lidia, who is our Business Development Manager. We were happy!

rp46 by Jenseib, on Flickr

rp47 by Jenseib, on Flickr

rp1 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Can we all fit in an elevator?

rp2 by Jenseib, on Flickr

rp3 by Jenseib, on Flickr

rp4 by Jenseib, on Flickr

The lobby of Royal Pacific.

rp5 by Jenseib, on Flickr

rp6 by Jenseib, on Flickr

rp7 by Jenseib, on Flickr

And the garden, which I think is so pretty.

rp8 by Jenseib, on Flickr

rp9 by Jenseib, on Flickr

rp48 by Jenseib, on Flickr

rp49 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Video

rp10 by Jenseib, on Flickr

rp11 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Off to tour some rooms.

rp12 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I have stayed here once and the rooms have been redone since then. I wasn’t too sure when I saw the pictures if I liked the new look, but seeing them in person made me like them.

rp13 by Jenseib, on Flickr

rp14 by Jenseib, on Flickr

rp15 by Jenseib, on Flickr

That being said…I am still not sure about the flowery orchid wall.

rp16 by Jenseib, on Flickr

rp17 by Jenseib, on Flickr

rp18 by Jenseib, on Flickr

rp19 by Jenseib, on Flickr

rp20 by Jenseib, on Flickr

rp50 by Jenseib, on Flickr

rp51 by Jenseib, on Flickr

rp21 by Jenseib, on Flickr

The view from this room, which is Sapphire Falls.

rp52 by Jenseib, on Flickr

rp22 by Jenseib, on Flickr

rp23 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Moving on.

rp24 by Jenseib, on Flickr

We had gotten earbuds in our backpacks and were instructed to bring them today with us. We now had them in as we toured so that Lidia could talk to us all and we could hear all she had to say clearly. I personally HATE earbuds. They really bother my ears. I can never get them in right and then it irritates my ears and the sound so close to my eardrum seriously makes me feel like my ears are going to start bleeding. They were already bothering me and I vowed that the next time we needed them I would be bringing my own little headphones to plug in instead.

Back to the Lobby.

rp53 by Jenseib, on Flickr

And then out front to take a look.

rp54 by Jenseib, on Flickr

rp25 by Jenseib, on Flickr

rp26 by Jenseib, on Flickr

rp27 by Jenseib, on Flickr

It is so pretty out here.

rp55 by Jenseib, on Flickr

rp28 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Then back down the stairs to look at more.

rp29 by Jenseib, on Flickr

rp30 by Jenseib, on Flickr

rp31 by Jenseib, on Flickr

rp32 by Jenseib, on Flickr

There was a totally different group here on a conference as well and they were having lunch…in a restaurant! No box lunches for them. Hahahaha!

rp33 by Jenseib, on Flickr

rp34 by Jenseib, on Flickr

rp35 by Jenseib, on Flickr

There is a play area for kids at a lot of the resort restaurants.

rp36 by Jenseib, on Flickr

rp37 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Out to the pool area.

rp38 by Jenseib, on Flickr

rp39 by Jenseib, on Flickr

rp56 by Jenseib, on Flickr

rp57 by Jenseib, on Flickr

rp58 by Jenseib, on Flickr

rp40 by Jenseib, on Flickr

rp59 by Jenseib, on Flickr

rp41 by Jenseib, on Flickr

rp42 by Jenseib, on Flickr

rp43 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Love the Palms.

rp44 by Jenseib, on Flickr

rp45 by Jenseib, on Flickr

We then boarded a bus and made our way to the next tour!

rp60 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Cabana Bay Beach Resort.

cabana61 by Jenseib, on Flickr

cabana59 by Jenseib, on Flickr

We took a bathroom break and then met back up in the lobby.

cabana62 by Jenseib, on Flickr

cabana63 by Jenseib, on Flickr

cabana64 by Jenseib, on Flickr

cabana65 by Jenseib, on Flickr

And then we moved on to take a look at one of the pool areas.

cabana66 by Jenseib, on Flickr

cabana60 by Jenseib, on Flickr

There are 2 new towers being built and look over Volcano Bay. They also will have some bigger suites in there to hold families of 8. Unfortunately they weren’t finished and we didn’t get to see them.

cabana81 by Jenseib, on Flickr

cabana82 by Jenseib, on Flickr

cabana83 by Jenseib, on Flickr

cabana67 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Working on the tower.

cabana84 by Jenseib, on Flickr

They sell tubes here for the lazy river. Basically the price is the same you would find for the same types of tubes at Walmart, so they don’t price gouge for them. However I am sure you can find some brands that are cheaper. They will deflate them for you at the end of the trip so you can take it home as well.

cabana85 by Jenseib, on Flickr

A look at Volcano Bay still being built.

cabana86 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Squirt guns by the lazy river.

cabana87 by Jenseib, on Flickr

cabana88 by Jenseib, on Flickr

We headed back inside and checked out the food court.

cabana68 by Jenseib, on Flickr

And then we visited a suite that had an entrance from a hallway in one of the wings where there are mostly standard rooms. This has a hallway entrance rather than from outside like the one we had stayed at our first night.

cabana69 by Jenseib, on Flickr

cabana70 by Jenseib, on Flickr

cabana71 by Jenseib, on Flickr

cabana72 by Jenseib, on Flickr

And it looks pretty much like the other ones, only they have a window by the bed instead of at the entrance.

cabana73 by Jenseib, on Flickr

cabana89 by Jenseib, on Flickr

The bowling alley.

cabana90 by Jenseib, on Flickr

cabana91 by Jenseib, on Flickr

cabana92 by Jenseib, on Flickr

cabana93 by Jenseib, on Flickr

cabana94 by Jenseib, on Flickr

cabana74 by Jenseib, on Flickr

cabana75 by Jenseib, on Flickr

cabana76 by Jenseib, on Flickr

cabana77 by Jenseib, on Flickr

cabana78 by Jenseib, on Flickr

cabana79 by Jenseib, on Flickr

cabana80 by Jenseib, on Flickr

cabana95 by Jenseib, on Flickr

cabana96 by Jenseib, on Flickr

We were then going to go to a standard room. I have stayed in a standard room as well before and I needed to get some air and a pop. So I headed off on my own and said I would meet up in the lobby. Actually a couple of people did. We were really running nonstop and some of us just needed a little extra break.

cabana97 by Jenseib, on Flickr

We then met up and headed back to board the bus. Next stop, Hard Rock Hotel!

cabana98 by Jenseib, on Flickr

cabana99 by Jenseib, on Flickr

We had little contests at the end of each presenter where we had to answer an question and if you were the first one to raise your hand and answer correctly you won a prize. I was a WINNER!!!!!

Well done.

Goodness, they definitely had you hopping and you covered a lot of ground.

Corinna

Soon we were pulling up at the Hard Rock Hotel and getting ready for the next tour.

hr24 by Jenseib, on Flickr

hr25 by Jenseib, on Flickr

hr1 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I had stayed here just over a year ago at the time. I really enjoyed the hotel and the details. I am however not a big music fan, but the location and how close it is to the parks were a huge plus for me.

hr26 by Jenseib, on Flickr

hr2 by Jenseib, on Flickr

hr27 by Jenseib, on Flickr

hr3 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Did you know they sometimes have concerts right here in the lobby?

hr4 by Jenseib, on Flickr

hr5 by Jenseib, on Flickr

And we all gathered in our groups and started our tour. I took a quick picture of the Express Pass Machine. Staying here, Express Pass is included and you pick up your ticket for that right here around the corner from the desk.

hr28 by Jenseib, on Flickr

hr29 by Jenseib, on Flickr

hr6 by Jenseib, on Flickr

hr7 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Did you know there is a spot you can stand and when you talk you can hear an echo….yeah we were pretty excited about that. LOL.

Video

hr8 by Jenseib, on Flickr

hr9 by Jenseib, on Flickr

hr10 by Jenseib, on Flickr

On to a room. This room was pretty much just like the one I stayed in.

hr11 by Jenseib, on Flickr

hr12 by Jenseib, on Flickr

hr13 by Jenseib, on Flickr

The mirror has measurements of different stars….I am the same as Beyonce!

hr14 by Jenseib, on Flickr

The view from this room.

hr15 by Jenseib, on Flickr

hr16 by Jenseib, on Flickr

hr17 by Jenseib, on Flickr

hr18 by Jenseib, on Flickr

hr30 by Jenseib, on Flickr

hr31 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Back down through the lobby….I love this light fixture.

hr32 by Jenseib, on Flickr

hr33 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Emack and Bolios was a place I never really got a good look at last year…but it was totally redone now and totally different from what I remember with my glance in.

hr42 by Jenseib, on Flickr

hr43 by Jenseib, on Flickr

hr44 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Heading to the Kitchen…..video

The Kitchen’s dessert tray.

hr34 by Jenseib, on Flickr

hr35 by Jenseib, on Flickr

hr36 by Jenseib, on Flickr

hr37 by Jenseib, on Flickr

hr38 by Jenseib, on Flickr

hr20 by Jenseib, on Flickr

hr21 by Jenseib, on Flickr

We just kept moving on and I kept taking pictures. We now moved out by the pool.

hr39 by Jenseib, on Flickr

hr40 by Jenseib, on Flickr

hr22 by Jenseib, on Flickr

A few extra swimmers today.

hr41 by Jenseib, on Flickr

And I took some video out there too.

And then back out front to board the bus once again.

hr23 by Jenseib, on Flickr

And one more hotel to tour. ….Portifino Bay!

Now this is where we were supposed to originally stay, but they changed it on us at registration and I was totally bummed as this is a place I have yet to stay at and it would have been perfect (and affordable) for me to stay there for this event. Oh well…at least I get to tour it.

portifino11 by Jenseib, on Flickr

See those black cars out front? Several of the hotels here have them and they can take you around to other hotels and even sometimes run you off site for a tip. If the destination is further and they agree to take you, there is a small fee involved.

portifino12 by Jenseib, on Flickr

We had to wait in the lobby for a bit while they gathered the keys for the rooms we would tour.

portifino13 by Jenseib, on Flickr

portifino14 by Jenseib, on Flickr

portifino15 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I think some of us used the restroom while we waited too.

portifino16 by Jenseib, on Flickr

portifino17 by Jenseib, on Flickr

portifino18 by Jenseib, on Flickr

portifino19 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Finally we got the room keys and started making our way to the first room.

portifino20 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Universal Hotels are also pet friendly and Lidia told us which floors had pet rooms.

portifino21 by Jenseib, on Flickr

portifino22 by Jenseib, on Flickr

portifino23 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I think this was the concierge desk.

portifino24 by Jenseib, on Flickr

portifino25 by Jenseib, on Flickr

portifino26 by Jenseib, on Flickr

portifino27 by Jenseib, on Flickr

portifino28 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Into a room.

portifino29 by Jenseib, on Flickr

portifino30 by Jenseib, on Flickr

portifino31 by Jenseib, on Flickr

portifino32 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I’m sorry, but I see a hidden Mickey. LOL.

portifino33 by Jenseib, on Flickr

portifino34 by Jenseib, on Flickr

portifino35 by Jenseib, on Flickr

portifino36 by Jenseib, on Flickr

portifino37 by Jenseib, on Flickr

portifino38 by Jenseib, on Flickr

portifino39 by Jenseib, on Flickr

And moving on once again.

portifino40 by Jenseib, on Flickr

portifino41 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I thought this resort was just beautiful.

portifino42 by Jenseib, on Flickr

portifino43 by Jenseib, on Flickr

It’s also pretty big.

portifino44 by Jenseib, on Flickr

portifino45 by Jenseib, on Flickr

We went into Mama Della’s which is the Italian restaurant. We were hoping to eat here but unfortunately we were not.

portifino46 by Jenseib, on Flickr

portifino47 by Jenseib, on Flickr

portifino48 by Jenseib, on Flickr

portifino49 by Jenseib, on Flickr

portifino50 by Jenseib, on Flickr

It looks like some sort of event is going to be going on tonight.

portifino51 by Jenseib, on Flickr

portifino52 by Jenseib, on Flickr

MMMMMMM!

portifino53 by Jenseib, on Flickr

portifino54 by Jenseib, on Flickr

The sun was just starting to go down and it made for some neat pictures, depending on your angle.

portifino55 by Jenseib, on Flickr

portifino56 by Jenseib, on Flickr

portifino57 by Jenseib, on Flickr

portifino58 by Jenseib, on Flickr

portifino59 by Jenseib, on Flickr

The mirror has measurements of different stars….I am the same as Beyonce!

That is kind of neat.

I thought I had seen photos of all the Universal Resorts, but Portofino Bay was definitely new to me. What a beautiful resort. What a shame that you did not get the chance to stay there.

Corinna

We then headed to another room….but not just ANY room…..

portifino60 by Jenseib, on Flickr

portifino61 by Jenseib, on Flickr

portifino62 by Jenseib, on Flickr

That’s one big bed…but that is not what is so special about this room.

portifino63 by Jenseib, on Flickr

portifino64 by Jenseib, on Flickr

This is a MINION suite!!!!! And this kids room…attached the main room is so AWESOME!

portifino1 by Jenseib, on Flickr

This is the door.

portifino2 by Jenseib, on Flickr

And there are 2 of these beds!

portifino3 by Jenseib, on Flickr

portifino4 by Jenseib, on Flickr

My cousin, Katie, (the one who cruised with us last Oct) just stayed in one of these rooms and she loved it. She said her husband wanted to sleep in one of those beds. LOL.

portifino5 by Jenseib, on Flickr

portifino6 by Jenseib, on Flickr

portifino7 by Jenseib, on Flickr

portifino8 by Jenseib, on Flickr

portifino9 by Jenseib, on Flickr

portifino75 by Jenseib, on Flickr

portifino10 by Jenseib, on Flickr

portifino77 by Jenseib, on Flickr

And the parents then have a normal room with a very large bed.

portifino78 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Such a cool room. I would love to stay in one someday.

Time to start making our way back towards the bus.

portifino65 by Jenseib, on Flickr

portifino66 by Jenseib, on Flickr

There was an event being set up…and we actually ran into the crowd of people coming to it shortly after.

portifino67 by Jenseib, on Flickr

portifino68 by Jenseib, on Flickr

portifino69 by Jenseib, on Flickr

portifino70 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Such a nice pool.

portifino71 by Jenseib, on Flickr

portifino79 by Jenseib, on Flickr

portifino80 by Jenseib, on Flickr

And just as we were getting pass this pool we were bombarded by a crowd of mainly couples…all going towards the event.

portifino81 by Jenseib, on Flickr

It was like a fish swimming upstream and hard to get through. We kind of moved around them…and some followed us. LOL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter