Festival of the Arts returns January 17th

A question for those of you who have done one of the animation workshops - my eight year old son has artistic talent (inherited from my husband, who is an actual classically trained artist - definitely not from me, lol). My son also is in love with old-school 2D Disney animation (Snow White being his favorite). Would these workshops be too sophisticated for a kid his age? They seem pretty short, so I am thinking the time commitment would be perfect. Just didn't know if it would be age appropriate. Thanks for any feedback you may have!

A question for those of you who have done one of the animation workshops - my eight year old son has artistic talent (inherited from my husband, who is an actual classically trained artist - definitely not from me, lol). My son also is in love with old-school 2D Disney animation (Snow White being his favorite). Would these workshops be too sophisticated for a kid his age? They seem pretty short, so I am thinking the time commitment would be perfect. Just didn't know if it would be age appropriate. Thanks for any feedback you may have!

Having taken the animation workshop with Lynn Rippberger before, I would say he would have no problem doing it. She gives a lot of information on the 2D and later procedures that he would likely find interesting.

This is our first time for a Feb trip and seeing the festival. So excited to see it! Does FL tend to be cool that time of year? Coming from CO, we’re good with sunshine and 50s, but I hear the humidity makes it feel much colder.

Festival of the meh

my least favorite as I see nothing compelling to it as the others but who knows maybe they’ll broaden the offerings!

I think it appeals to a good number of people, but surely not everyone; not even Food and Wine appeals to everyone.

I was thinking we'd be very much looking forward to this festival ourselves (and I may have even said so earlier in this thread) but now I'm thinking that this specific time of year we are far more likely to spend time in the other parks visiting attractions for which we are going to have to spend long periods of time in line. I'm really not sure now how many trips we'll actually make to EPCOT during this festival.

My DD and I have the first two days of the festive planned and can’t wait! We love broadway shows, so seeing those performers both days, can’t wait to see the different artists and trying some of the food. Decided not to do any workshops but hope to do some of the vendors offering things to make.

I think it appeals to a good number of people, but surely not everyone; not even Food and Wine appeals to everyone.

I was thinking we'd be very much looking forward to this festival ourselves (and I may have even said so earlier in this thread) but now I'm thinking that this specific time of year we are far more likely to spend time in the other parks visiting attractions for which we are going to have to spend long periods of time in line. I'm really not sure now how many trips we'll actually make to EPCOT during this festival.
I think it mainly appeals because of the lower crowd levels (maybe) and it will be something calmer that we can do. Our previous 6 trips have been all about rides and crazy ‘seeing everything’ days. Unfortunately, those days are over now. We were rear-ended in 2017 and DW sustained a TBI. We can’t do rides, things with loud noises, flashing lights or high levels of physical activity. it’ll be a lot of slow walking, 1/2 days at the parks and resting, so I figure AKL and Festival of the Arts will help make it more special. Plus it’s our 25th Anniversary, so we’re splurging on savannah view - hopefully hanging at the hotel more will be fun!

If you are planning to register for one of the workshops, best number to call is 407-939-8687 which takes you straight to events. Call made with less than a 5 minute wait and reservation was quickly made. Number given on the Disney Festival of the Arts page takes you to dining with waits of 45 minutes to an hour.

Oh shoot- I saw marij's post too late! Spent almost half an hour on hold today, but was able to get the workshop I wanted, so one more thing checked off the list. :) I don't have an artistic bone in my body, so hoping the very artistic kid enjoys it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter