Festival of the Arts

Nohal

DIS Veteran
For the first time ever we are going in Janurary. The festival of the arts will be going on while we are there. I'm having trouble finding info on this. Anyone have info/pictures who went last year? Had to cancel:sad: our trip this week due to Irma hoping that we don't have to cancel in January due to a blizzard

For the first time ever we are going in Janurary. The festival of the arts will be going on while we are there. I'm having trouble finding info on this. Anyone have info/pictures who went last year? Had to cancel:sad: our trip this week due to Irma hoping that we don't have to cancel in January due to a blizzard

I'm sorry you had to cancel your trip this week, but I most frequently go in January and attended the festival last year. It was a big hit with me because I got all sorts of Figment merchandise. I always enjoy seeing him featured in the parks.

Last year the festival ran Fridays-Sundays in January and February. Looking at the information Disney has provided, it's a similar set up. Different arts were celebrated from food, to visual arts, to music. Expect Epcot to be crowded those days, but less so than say the Magic Kingdom. I enjoyed wandering around the booths set up around the lagoon, looking at the different types of art. I didn't necessarily buy anything other than some Disney merchandise (a bag and a tervis). I would have attended some of the free classes or even paid for one or two, but the culinary ones that interested on didn't fit with my schedule.

Here is a review of the 2017 festival.

It wasn't as well developed last year as some of the other festivals, so I wouldn't expect it to match Food and Wine in the slightest. I am hoping they add more content, because that would be a bigger draw for me.

I'm sorry you had to cancel your trip this week, but I most frequently go in January and attended the festival last year. It was a big hit with me because I got all sorts of Figment merchandise. I always enjoy seeing him featured in the parks.

Last year the festival ran Fridays-Sundays in January and February. Looking at the information Disney has provided, it's a similar set up. Different arts were celebrated from food, to visual arts, to music. Expect Epcot to be crowded those days, but less so than say the Magic Kingdom. I enjoyed wandering around the booths set up around the lagoon, looking at the different types of art. I didn't necessarily buy anything other than some Disney merchandise (a bag and a tervis). I would have attended some of the free classes or even paid for one or two, but the culinary ones that interested on didn't fit with my schedule.

Here is a review of the 2017 festival.

It wasn't as well developed last year as some of the other festivals, so I wouldn't expect it to match Food and Wine in the slightest. I am hoping they add more content, because that would be a bigger draw for me.

Thanks for the link I really enjoyed it. I'm looking forward to the festival in January as I'm guessing due to the success last year it will be bigger this year. I also noticed some of the people had shorts on wasn't expecting that in January so I'll make sure I pack a pair.

Thought I posted this in the theme park thread! Mods please move. Thanks.

Thanks for the link I really enjoyed it. I'm looking forward to the festival in January as I'm guessing due to the success last year it will be bigger this year. I also noticed some of the people had shorts on wasn't expecting that in January so I'll make sure I pack a pair.

I typically go to the parks during the week of MLK. We've experienced all sorts of weather. Last year is was high seventies and low eighties. It DOES get chilly as soon as the sun goes down, even to a northeasterner like me. Keep an eye on the weather leading up to your trip. Think in layers. Having a long sleeved shirt to wear under tee shirts is a lot easier to pack/easier on your wallet than having to find one at Disney. I also pack a light jacket I can throw in my bag for mornings and evenings.

We went last year and thought it was fun. It was different and we enjoyed looking at the art. There were some booths set up with different foods but we didn't visit them. Hope you have fun. We will be there again in January!

When I found out about this festival I watched some YouTube videos about it. Looks like fun! I'm glad we can catch it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!