Festival of the Lion King closing

wdw4us2

<font color=blue>Not only a DIS Vet, but a 33 year
Heard a rumor while at MK over the weekend. The husband of a Cast Member said that Disney was going to close the Lion King show in AK. I know they already closed the one in MK, but I can't believe they'd close one of the few really good things in AK. Has anyone here heard anything about this?

That's odd - they always have a packed house - maybe it's undergoing a change or something - I hope it's not gone for good. I always enjoy this show!

I read on a True Disney Website....That its going to become a 3-d show with Mickey Minnie Donald etc etc....Now this came from a offical disney web site but of course we know that could be wrong also. :)

From what I've heard, the 3D show is replacing Legend of the Lion King in Magic Kingdom. The reason I was given for Festival closing is the cost of staging the show. If this is true, when is Disney going to learn you have to spend $$ to attract visitors?

This show is not closing. They just did a huge merchandise line for this show. They tout this show as number one on property. They are on a reduced show schedule, but so is every other show in WDW right now. This is one of DAK's strongest drivers and I doubt you'll be seeing it going away.

I agree. The Lion King show in AK is not closing. The Mickey's 3-d is replacing the Lion King show in MK.

I did read the post wrong sorry. Yes I was talking about the Magic Kingdom not AK Sorry :)

From what I've heard, the 3D show is replacing Legend of the Lion King in Magic Kingdom. The reason I was given for Festival closing is the cost of staging the show. If this is true, when is Disney going to learn you have to spend $$ to attract visitors?

I don't pretend to know what the real reasons are, but the move seems to make sense. Sure, a film, once made, does not have the recurring costs that a live show has. But more than that, there is already a Lion King show in AK, and then there is the Circle of life attraction at Epcot. There really isn't anything with Mickey, and as Walt reminded us, it was all started by a Mouse! (there's his 'house' in Toontown, but while there's some interesting stuff inside, its basically a character meet for the kiddies)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter