Filling in Certificates for Virtual 5K

smctopia

Visit Walt Dated World
In past years when you made your certificates for the Virtuals, you could input your information and it would generate a nice finished certificate. This year it is blank like the bibs. Is there an easy way to generate a certificate without using Adobe, preferably with using a Disney font?

I haven’t been able to find the auto fill one only the blank one you fill out yourself. If you have an iPhone or iPad you can save it to photos or files app and use mark it up to add your info which is what I am doing.

I ended up filling it in using Paint but I wonder why they switched to a blank certificate this year?

I ended up filling it in using Paint but I wonder why they switched to a blank certificate this year?

Maybe because so many people got confused and thought they were actually submitting a time to RunDisney instead of just generating a certificate? I‘ve seen lots of bad information given out (not here) for past events that you had to put the time in for the certificate to get your medal. They certainly could have clarified it rather than cutting it entirely, but you never know how RunDisney is liable to respond to a situation.

Maybe because so many people got confused and thought they were actually submitting a time to RunDisney instead of just generating a certificate? I‘ve seen lots of bad information given out (not here) for past events that you had to put the time in for the certificate to get your medal. They certainly could have clarified it rather than cutting it entirely, but you never know how RunDisney is liable to respond to a situation.

I wish there *was* a way to upload your times. Most of us wear trackers that could relay that information. If someone wanted to go through all the effort of cheating that system, I mean, their loss.

In past years when you made your certificates for the Virtuals, you could input your information and it would generate a nice finished certificate. This year it is blank like the bibs. Is there an easy way to generate a certificate without using Adobe, preferably with using a Disney font?

I downloaded to files in my iPad and added text with the default Markup picture editing. Pick from any color or font that is available on iPad.
another way I’ve gotten by since my photoshop computer crashed is add text in power point, again any color or font, group the text box and certificate together with arrange/group and then save as .pdf
power point can do a nice job of creating pdf files.

If it is a PDF any PDF editor would work. I use Nitro Pro. You can also use a photo editing tool like Paint or Photoshop. I don't know of a good free PDF editor but paint.net is the best free photo editing software I have used.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!