Final Payment Woes

Miss Monorail 1971

Please Stand Clear of the Door
So my final payment is due next Monday and we have been saving up to make it. Friday, DH breaks a tooth and had to get an implant. We have dental but having to pay our deductible puts us a little short for our payment. (it's not very good dental but I am grateful for it) So I called Disney and asked if we could have a weeks extension. The CM was very nice and said she would note it in our account that we would be a little short and make the final payment a week late. We will be paying as much as we can on time. I got the feeling that the CM is noting it but can't really guarantee that our reservation won't be cancelled. She mentioned that she can't stop the emails. Needless to say I am a little nervous. Has anyone ever had to deal with this and if it does get cancelled what actually happens. So we lose all dining reservations and fast passes?

I don't think you'll lose dinner reservations but all fast passes would be cancelled if they actually cancel your vacation I believe. Its possible that if they aren't actually cancelling and they expect you to pay you will be fine. I don't see any reason they would want to cancel if you called and they noted it because I think they have to refund what you've paid so far.

So my final payment is due next Monday and we have been saving up to make it. Friday, DH breaks a tooth and had to get an implant. We have dental but having to pay our deductible puts us a little short for our payment. (it's not very good dental but I am grateful for it) So I called Disney and asked if we could have a weeks extension. The CM was very nice and said she would note it in our account that we would be a little short and make the final payment a week late. We will be paying as much as we can on time. I got the feeling that the CM is noting it but can't really guarantee that our reservation won't be cancelled. She mentioned that she can't stop the emails. Needless to say I am a little nervous. Has anyone ever had to deal with this and if it does get cancelled what actually happens. So we lose all dining reservations and fast passes?

They won't cancel on you as long as you don't miss the new target date. But if they do cancel you won't lose your fastpasses or ADRs.

ADRs are tied to MDE and will not be canceled if your reservation is canceled. Your FP+ are also tied to MDE but they must have tickets associated with each name. If your reservation includes tickets, you would lose the FP+ if the reservation is canceled.

That being said, Disney would rather have you show up and spend more money than cancel your reservation and refund the money to you. You should have a week or so to make your final payment now that it's been noted in your reservation.

I'd call again (ok, probably daily for a few days) just to confirm your new payment date. Say it in a way that they have to come up with the specifics: say something like "I had an unexpected medical expense, but will be able to pay in a few days, did the extension go in as requested on Sep. [19]?" I.e., I'd then feel much better if the CM responded "oh yes - I see, you now have until Sep. 27th to pay, instead of sep. 20th." I wouldn't rely on just 1 CM on the phone about anything.

(ETA: Sorry about the dental problem. Implants are crazy expensive! I have great dental, and it was still thousands of dollars for my 1 implant.)

I'd call again (ok, probably daily for a few days) just to confirm your new payment date. Say it in a way that they have to come up with the specifics: say something like "I had an unexpected medical expense, but will be able to pay in a few days, did the extension go in as requested on Sep. [19]?" I.e., I'd then feel much better if the CM responded "oh yes - I see, you now have until Sep. 27th to pay, instead of sep. 20th." I wouldn't rely on just 1 CM on the phone about anything.

(ETA: Sorry about the dental problem. Implants are crazy expensive! I have great dental, and it was still thousands of dollars for my 1 implant.)

I agree with this. Chances are they will not cancel your reservation, however, I would probably call back and ask to speak with a supervisor to make sure the new date was noted. If they cancel it, not only would you lose any FP+'s (if you have tickets on your package), but you'll be out your deposit as well. It's always a good idea to double check!

They won't cancel on you as long as you don't miss the new target date. But if they do cancel you won't lose your fastpasses or ADRs.

FPs will go away after 2-3 days after a cancellation, if a package was booked and no other tickets associated with the names that reserved FPs.

If you have anything like park hoppers, you can remove them to reduce your final payment amount and then add them later. Do you have a credit card to use, and then pay that off?

I figured the fp would go away because it was a package. I think I will call a couple of times just for peace of mind. I I will update with results.....

Thanks for the responses.

I figured the fp would go away because it was a package. I think I will call a couple of times just for peace of mind. I I will update with results.....

Thanks for the responses.

What exactly is on your package at the moment? Tickets? Park Hoppers? Dining? As PP said, if there is any way you can downgrade your package (take the hoppers off, take the dining off) temporarily, you could possibly make that final payment and then just add those options on as you get closer to the trip and have the funds.

Ok after a big heart to heart talk we sadly decided to change our reservation. We are now staying at AoA instead of copper creek. A little sad but I did gain some perspective and I am ok with it. It took 3 calls to disney and about 4 hours on the phone but finally a wonderful CM worked his magic and we switched our package and kept our FP. We had a little trouble because we had 1500 already put down but it was from the disney vacation account. He got it worked out and transferred the funds to our new reservation. Which they normally don't do because we went from package to room only but they made it happen. Anyway it was a long day but all is settled and now I can be excited about 29 days......... hope it flies by.

Ok after a big heart to heart talk we sadly decided to change our reservation. We are now staying at AoA instead of copper creek. A little sad but I did gain some perspective and I am ok with it. It took 3 calls to disney and about 4 hours on the phone but finally a wonderful CM worked his magic and we switched our package and kept our FP. We had a little trouble because we had 1500 already put down but it was from the disney vacation account. He got it worked out and transferred the funds to our new reservation. Which they normally don't do because we went from package to room only but they made it happen. Anyway it was a long day but all is settled and now I can be excited about 29 days......... hope it flies by.

Well that is a lot of stress removed! I am glad Disney worked with you to make this happen. I have not had the opportunity to stay at AofA but from all accounts here on the DIS, it is a fun resort, and has a lot to offer you. I am sorry about that implant though, what a nightmare to have to go through!

Glad it all worked out and you are still headed to Disney soon! What an exciting feeling!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!