FINALLY GETTING EXCITED!!

Katie Little

DIS Veteran
You guys!! I'm going to Disney in 25 days and I'm finally starting to get excited! My husband and I decided to bring my dad with us this year. He'll be 70 in December and has never ever had a vacation, and even though he's never been, I'm convinced that I get my love of Disney from him. Back in 2018 he had an open heart surgery in which they had to do 5 separate by passes! It was a scary dark time and I just knew he was going to die. But he didn't! He made it through the surgery just fine and the DR even said he was one of his best patients (although I'm pretty sure that he says that to everyone.)

Anyway, in the dark scary time leading up to his surgery I promised my dad that we would ditch mom for a week and go to disney. So when I registered for the Princess Half Marathon, it was a no brainer to bring my dad and finally make good on that promise! It was exciting a year ago when we booked it; however, the reality of traveling with my dad who isn't in the best health of his life quickly sucked the joy out of it. Then I started stressing that I was cramming too much into 1 trip. I thought, I should have either picked running or my dad. Trying to do both in 1 trip is going to be too much... but finally! things are turning around!

Our Magic Bands have come, my dad's ears come and I've gotten his medicine schedule all figured out with my mom. Fast Passes have been made, Dining reservations have been made, Matching T-Shirts are in the processed of being made and GOSH DARNED, I'm finally about to burst with Excitement and needed to share!!

You are so lucky to be able to make these memories! Pretend you are traveling with a toddler, there may be times when you have to get him to rest by convincing him you need a break. Have fun!

You are so blessed to have this opportunity! If I were in your place I would be (jokingly) begging him for toys and Ice cream...lol But Daddy! Have a great trip!

You are so lucky to be able to make these memories! Pretend you are traveling with a toddler, there may be times when you have to get him to rest by convincing him you need a break. Have fun!
Ha ha that is similar to best advice someone wrote on my bridal shower card.
She told me to share the patience you would show a preschooler with your husband. Very wise indeed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter