Finding a Christmas Day ADR

SteelAG

Earning My Ears
Hi all,

Has anyone had success picking up ADR at MK for Christmas Day due to cancellations? I've read about the 45 day cancellation deal with hotels and today is the day! 45 Days until Christmas!! I've been intensely watching the ADR cancelation thread as well as constantly checking for ADR's via the app and website but haven't had any luck yet. What is the likelihood of people actually cancelling Christmas Day ADR's at places like CP, CRT and BOG?

I think the cancellation day is now 30 days out instead of 45. Keep watching and be patient.

Also sign up for touring plans alerts. You may have luck with that. Make sure your message alert is on enough sound at night to wake you. I've seen message alerts at 2am.
Also, how many people are you searching for? You may want to try to break it down. Say 2 and 2 for 4, or 6 for 5. Seems to sometimes work.
Good luck!

What is the 30 day/45 day cancellation you are talking about? This will be our 8th Christmas day in WDW and I've never heard of this. Can someone explain it please? Thanks

What is the 30 day/45 day cancellation you are talking about? This will be our 8th Christmas day in WDW and I've never heard of this. Can someone explain it please? Thanks

This is in reference to people canceling their hotel reservations without penalty and at the same time then canceling their ADR.

Last edited:
Also sign up for touring plans alerts. You may have luck with that. Make sure your message alert is on enough sound at night to wake you. I've seen message alerts at 2am.
Also, how many people are you searching for? You may want to try to break it down. Say 2 and 2 for 4, or 6 for 5. Seems to sometimes work.
Good luck!

Thanks for the advice!! I’ll give it this a try too!!

This is in reference to people canceling there hotel reservations without penalty and at the same time then canceling their ADR.
I get it now. We rent DVC points so have never booked a hotel room (before this year when we have 3 nights in CSR), but it's good to know and remember for when I'm desperate for an ADR, thanks.

Update. Got a message from touring plans at 8 am this morning for a CRT ADR for Christmas Day!!! Booked it right away! Only issue is that it’s a 9:30 PM ADR.
Does anyone know of any issues with it being this late? I know the fireworks start at 9 so maybe it’s actually really good timing? What happens if I’m a few minutes late for my reservation because of the fireworks? Is There a buffer?

I’m going to continue looking for an earlier ADR but the whole family is pretty excited about it.

Update. Got a message from touring plans at 8 am this morning for a CRT ADR for Christmas Day!!! Booked it right away! Only issue is that it’s a 9:30 PM ADR.
Does anyone know of any issues with it being this late? I know the fireworks start at 9 so maybe it’s actually really good timing? What happens if I’m a few minutes late for my reservation because of the fireworks? Is There a buffer?

I’m going to continue looking for an earlier ADR but the whole family is pretty excited about it.
I'm not sure about the time and it being that late, but I had a lunch reservation and we were about five/ten minutes late since the Peter Pan ride had a ridiculously long Fast Pass line. I was really worried because I'm never late to anything, but it wasn't a problem at all they didn't even mention it. There was a long line of people ahead of us checking in so I'm not sure if at 9:30pm there would still be a long line, but I think you'd be a okay with a few minutes late.

Your only issue is if they reach capacity and close the park

Anyone have any insight L would the park reopen in the evening if it did close?

Nice grab by the way

We had a CRT reservation one time that overlapped with the end of the fireworks. They do wait to open the area around the restaurant for a while as they check the area for fallout debris. We waited by the rope behind CRT for them to let us through- no problem showing up a few minutes late for the reservation in that situation when we explained what happened, but I wouldn’t count on that reason excusing you for showing up excessively late. We watched from behind the castle and were ready to come in as soon as able, not stuck fighting crowds out front- the crowd on Christmas Day will be unreal- make sure you are not in the crowd on Main Street prior to the fireworks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter