Finishing time 5k/ breakfast reservation

TammyLynn33

DIS Veteran
Hi Everyone
Daughter is running 5k at Princess weekend after the run are there activities to partake in ? Or when you are done is that it ? Just trying to figure it out what time is a safe reasonable time to get a breakfast reservation for ?
It’s a 5 am start correct ?
What time should we arrive ?
Coming from Pop
Thanks ..

Hi Everyone
Daughter is running 5k at Princess weekend after the run are there activities to partake in ? Or when you are done is that it ?
There are character pics available (the lines can be long) and rundisney photo backdrops she could grab a pic in front of as well. The character pics are also available pre-race.

Just trying to figure it out what time is a safe reasonable time to get a breakfast reservation for ?
This is going to depend on how much she wants to make character stops, and how long she is willing to stand in line for said pics. The 5k is not officially timed and it’s entirely possible to be on course for a couple of hours.

It’s a 5 am start correct ?
The FIRST runners start at 5. The last runners start at 6. Where your daughter lands in that will depend on what pace she put in at registration.
What time should we arrive ?
Coming from Pop
Thanks ..
Disney will publish a “be here by this time” in the guide; it’s usually 3:30 or 4am for the LAST chance to get into the parking lot. That being said, I would rather be early and not concerned about rushing to my corral than to wait until the last second and rush around. It is a 0.72mi (from the busses) walk to the race area. I usually try to arrive by 3am for marathon weekend; I’ve never participated in Princess, so other can give you better information on that.

Thank you so much . And I had no idea it wasn’t officially timed. She’s going to kill me .. as soon as I got her in for the 5 she was like I should have said 10.
She has no intent on stopping for anything and is after a personal best while im Like no enjoy it stop for pics .. sigh

This is exactly what I’ve told her ( but have you tried reasoning with a stubborn teen ? Lol ) I do feel bad she’s been training so hard
Pull up a YouTube video or someone’s livestream from a past year. Sometimes they need to have visual proof from ‘not-Mom.’

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter