Fireworks at Boardwalk Villas

Sharene0724

Mouseketeer
We stayed at BLT in April with a theme park view and the fireworks were fairly loud, we could for sure hear them in our room, no complaints, it was super awesome to watch from the balcony with a glass of wine in hand for sure!

My question is can you hear the Epcot fireworks like that from BWV if you have a boardwalk view? Just curious as my 2 year will most likely sleep through about anything, but those MK fireworks were pretty loud so I was just curious if I should be prepared for the same at BWV and make sure we bring the white noise generator for him.

Not exactly the same, but we stayed at yacht club with a boardwalk view and were able to see the fireworks, but we had no complaints with noise. It might be a little different given we were still pretty far up the boardwalk, but we did not have any problems with the sound.

We stayed at BLT in April with a theme park view and the fireworks were fairly loud, we could for sure hear them in our room, no complaints, it was super awesome to watch from the balcony with a glass of wine in hand for sure!

My question is can you hear the Epcot fireworks like that from BWV if you have a boardwalk view? Just curious as my 2 year will most likely sleep through about anything, but those MK fireworks were pretty loud so I was just curious if I should be prepared for the same at BWV and make sure we bring the white noise generator for him.
We always stay Boardwalk View at BWV. We would sit on our balcony to watch them. You can hear them from inside the room, so you might need your white noise machine.
Denise

I saw the fireworks from a standard view at BWV. I was about half way down the wing facing the bus stop, on the 4th floor.

Thanks All! Sounds like we need to have the white noise generator!! I am excited to get to see the fireworks though! pixiedust:

You can hear the boat horns from the BWV rooms and sometimes noise from the boardwalk-early morning joggers (the wooden boardwalk can be loud), early morning CMs moving things (again noise from the wooden boardwalk decking), late night folks leaving the nightclub....

We just got back from a stay in a BWV room with a view of the Luna Pool - we could hear the Epcot fireworks (loud, but not as loud as MK fireworks at BLT) and see and hear (not as loud) the Hollywood Studios fireworks. I agree that a white noise generator is good insurance.

BW can be strange - most of Illuminations happens pretty close to the water, so you see some high fireworks - but from many rooms, most of the show (and sometimes all of the show) is blocked by either the BW building itself, the hill between the BW and Epcot, or the Epcot pavilions. It isn't something I would could on.

You can hear the boat horns from the BWV rooms and sometimes noise from the boardwalk-early morning joggers (the wooden boardwalk can be loud), early morning CMs moving things (again noise from the wooden boardwalk decking), late night folks leaving the nightclub....

The worst were rooms right over Big River Brewing - we could hear full on conversations by drunk people every night until well after midnight (there were apparently SEVERAL large wedding parties that week that were causing some issues)

We always stay Boardwalk View at BWV. We would sit on our balcony to watch them. You can hear them from inside the room, so you might need your white noise machine.
Denise
We have a boardwalk/preferred room booked for this year at BWV. Do you by chance remember whereabouts your room was (or even if they have names for the different sections)? It’s our first trip and I’m hoping for a room with a view of the fireworks for our boys on nights when we get back to the room a little earlier 😊

We have a boardwalk/preferred room booked for this year at BWV. Do you by chance remember whereabouts your room was (or even if they have names for the different sections)? It’s our first trip and I’m hoping for a room with a view of the fireworks for our boys on nights when we get back to the room a little earlier 😊

Our room was right under the 'W' in the Crest of the Wave section. We could see fireworks for sure from the balcony, although a previous poster was correct, some of the fireworks are too low to really see from the room, we could see the ones that were higher up. It was still really neat and I loved sitting on the balcony watching the fireworks at night but just to be sure you know you won't get the full effect of the show from the rooms. A neat bonus though, is that you can see some of the MK fireworks from that area as well, not a great view but you can see them, kinda fun to get to see some of those as well!

We have stayed at least once a year since 1998 when we bought BWV DVC. We always stayed Boardwalk view. The best fireworks views are all the way down the hall next to Jellyrolls (room would be X001). The walk back to the lobby from there is long. We used the stairway directly opposite that room and it brought us down to the canal walkway to the studios. You can ask for a room in the “Crest ‘O The Wave” area, which will give you a nice fireworks view.
Denise

Our room was right under the 'W' in the Crest of the Wave section. We could see fireworks for sure from the balcony, although a previous poster was correct, some of the fireworks are too low to really see from the room, we could see the ones that were higher up. It was still really neat and I loved sitting on the balcony watching the fireworks at night but just to be sure you know you won't get the full effect of the show from the rooms. A neat bonus though, is that you can see some of the MK fireworks from that area as well, not a great view but you can see them, kinda fun to get to see some of those as well!
That sounds amazing! We’ll try to request something around there. Thank you!! Our oldest asked if we could see fireworks our first night. I told him we won’t be able to go to a show in the park that night but we might be able to see some from our hotel. I know he’ll be happy to see any. I don’t think any of us know what to expect as far as an up close show so that will just be an added bonus when we actually go to one 😊

we were at boardwalk with a boardwalk view in November and our two year old slept through all the fireworks every night. He was so tired from long Disney days, I think he would sleep through anything. We also brought his noise machine which was on quietly in the room at night. He was up one night for the fireworks and saw them from the balcony and was quite terrified lol he still talks about it (“boom booommmmm!!!”)

any boardwalk view should have some firework visibility really. If you have a pool or garden view it’s pretty unlikely you will have a direct view of the Epcot fireworks but you will catch some Hollywood studios fireworks for sure (which isn’t much).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter