Fireworks at the Floridian?

I Would choose Narcossees over CG, as much for the meal as for the fireworks viewing. That being said, if people here are saying you don't need to eat here to watch there, I wouldn't bother. In the past, we stayed at the Poly, and had an amazing time watching the Electric Water Pageant followed by the fireworks, while sitting on the beach at the Poly! It was not crowded at all, and I'm sure you could just walk there without any problem. Just take the monorail to the Poly and walk to the beach. No sense adding an expensive dinner just to experience the fireworks.
Could you hear the fireworks soundtrack from the Poly beach?

Could you hear the fireworks soundtrack from the Poly beach?

The volume from the main Poly beach area is relatively low. You want to be more on the path between the beach and pool and sort of towards the Hawaii building to have better volume. There are speakers in the ground/landscaping areas. You could easily be too far out on the beach and not be able to hear very much, if at all, unfortunately.

You would choose Narcooses over CG? Should we make a reservation? Did you watch from their deck?
I'm not who you asked, but I'd chose CG almost always. I didn't find the fireworks view there less magical at all. We went with extended family last December, and both our meal and viewing of the fireworks are pretty much our collective best WDW experience ever. The view over MK from CG is amazing and unforgettable.

That said, BOTH places offer great views...plus, you can watch from the Narcoosee area without making reservations or spending a dime, which is a huge bonus at times :) .

As Wood Nymph says, there is a grassy knoll to the left of Narccoosse's with a nice view. We've also enjoyed watching from the patio outside Gaspys. We order some food and grab a table outside. Our last stay at GF we were lucky enough to have a room where we could see the higher fireworks from. Also fun to float in the pool and watch the higher fireworks!
I'd pick Narcoosses over Cali grill. You're closer at CG, but you are looking from an odd angle. When dining at Narccoossee most people dining there (at least when we were) go outside on the Veranda to watch. Our first time we booked a window table, but didn't matter. When Wishes started people filed out to watch and blocked our view, so we had to go outside too.

I Would choose Narcossees over CG, as much for the meal as for the fireworks viewing. That being said, if people here are saying you don't need to eat here to watch there, I wouldn't bother. In the past, we stayed at the Poly, and had an amazing time watching the Electric Water Pageant followed by the fireworks, while sitting on the beach at the Poly! It was not crowded at all, and I'm sure you could just walk there without any problem. Just take the monorail to the Poly and walk to the beach. No sense adding an expensive dinner just to experience the fireworks.
You can watch from dock area or the grass area to the left of Narcossee, without having to eat there. But not on the Veranda.
The Poly beach and chairs are for Poly guests, it is a great view. When we stayed we enjoyed watching from the beach very much. But if people aren't staying there they shouldn't be watching from there. Or taking the lounges. It's not a public viewing area.

You can watch from dock area or the grass area to the left of Narcossee, without having to eat there. But not on the Veranda.
The Poly beach and chairs are for Poly guests, it is a great view. When we stayed we enjoyed watching from the beach very much. But if people aren't staying there they shouldn't be watching from there. Or taking the lounges. It's not a public viewing area.

I agree. But people will do what they want until Disney cracks down and builds more gates and fences like they did for the Poly pool.

I agree. We watched the Christmas fireworks from Poly on the little hill with benches near the beach and had excellent view. Music piped in with a few seconds delay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!