First Adult Trip - 20th Anniversary - Help?

Congratulations!
My husband and I are also celebrating our 20th at WDW in November, sans kiddos. We did a week for our 15th in WDW and it was an amazingly fun trip. While I love to go with my kids, there are a few things that are great about it just being you and your SO...
1. We eat later in the day and therefore typically have a more relaxing experience. When the kids are with us we have to eat early because everyone is tired.
2. We always eat at signature restaurants, but we feel better about trying the dining "experiences". 5 years ago we did the chef's table at V&A and it was fantastic.
3. We have more adult beverages and spend more time in pool chairs, hammocks, benches, and out of the way places, just enjoying being together.
4. I still get FP, etc., but there is less worry about hitting all the rides. We hang out in the parks until we get tired of the crowds or the heat or the noise and then we go sit on the beach.

Have a great time!

Congrats!! :D We celebrated our 15th anniversary last year with a couples only trip, and it was so much fun we're doing it again this year. Don't get me wrong, Disney with family is awesome. But Disney without kids... well, it's just as awesome but in completely different ways. Enjoying the pool was a big one... being able to lay down for a poolside snooze, being able to jump in and play around at my leisure, and not have to be in constant Monitor Mom Mode, was priceless. A Disney vacation with family is fun, but it isn't even remotely relaxing for us. Between early morning wake ups, picky eaters, bickering siblings, complaining, strollers, and just generally keeping up with and keeping an eye on kids, it's amazing how exhausting it is.

We were able to get up when we wanted, go to bed when we wanted, eat where (and WHEN) we wanted, without checking the kids menu, spend time on attractions that our kids aren't interested in, etc. It's a whole different experience without the kids. We got lots of weird looks from friends and family when we told them what we were doing for our anniversary, but who cares. You either get it or you don't! :D

We are planning our third adult only trip this will be our disneymoon
Things to do
Have fun
Be a kid
People watch
Without kids we like the deluxe dining plan and we plan plenty of signature options crt for dinner a late night California grill a trip to trader sams
Do a horse drawn ride

Hello everyone,

For the first time ever, my wife are considering taking a whirlwind trip to WDW in November to celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary.

It is such a new experience, thinking about Disney without our kids. I am trying to even begin to understand all of the differences we will notice on our trip with regards to pace, meals, later hours, etc. We have never taken any trips away from our kids in the last 12 years, since our first child was born.

What types of things are different when you go with out kids?

What activities do you enjoy that you could never enjoy as much with kids?

Does Disney do anything special for you if you are celebrating a special date?

Any special things I should look to do since it will be an anniversary trip? (My wife wants to try Ohana, so I think that is already on the list).

We are not fancy people, and are planning to stay at our favorite resort, POFQ.

Thanks for any thoughts/tips/advice.
Our children are adults but we have never gone to WDW without them. So we have a trip planned just for us two in January. We’ll fly instead of drive and my DH has already said he wants to open the parks and close the parks but rest in the middle of the day. I anticipate not having to deal with one child wanting to go,go,go and the other saying at noon, “ok, I’m ready to go back to the room.” (Even as adults). We started staying in the resorts as a self defense so we could send him back on Disney transportation. We plan a couple special dinner reservations and taking everything at a slower pace.

Congrats!

We are heading there next week for our tenth anniversary without our kids.

We have booked
- Club Level at Wilderness Lodge
- Dinner at Sanaa
- Disney After Hours
- Keys to the Kingdom tour

And we are doing a water park day which we feel our kids are too little for so far.

Get buttons for sure! They have happily ever after and anniversary buttons and at the minimum cast members will always make happy little comments which is such fun!

Our favorite thing to do at disney pre kids (we have littles at home now) were the fireworks dessert shows and what not. Or, we ALWAYS stayed until close and often slept well past opening. Mostly, we just spent the time being kids ourselves and connecting with one another.

You're going to have a great time!

We too are going on our first trip without our kids and I am so excited!! The one thing people told us was to stay somewhere other than where you would with the kids. In our case our kids love Pop but we have also stayed in AofA. This trip is quickly turning into the honeymoon we didn't get the first time. We had a disney themed wedding but just purchased our house so we didn't have enough money for a disney honeymoon. So since this trip is turning into a 2nd honeymoon, we are staying at the GF!! We would not stay there with our kids so we are spoiling ourselves. We for the first time did not get the DDP but I am not sure it is something we need this trip. Right now we plan to go to MNSSHP and F & W. We are there 4 nights, 3 full days. We have 2 dining reservations made for dinners and a carriage ride planned. Other than that, we are winging it! All my DH wants to do is try some "tropical fruity" drinks, lol.

We too are going on our first trip without our kids and I am so excited!! The one thing people told us was to stay somewhere other than where you would with the kids. In our case our kids love Pop but we have also stayed in AofA. This trip is quickly turning into the honeymoon we didn't get the first time. We had a disney themed wedding but just purchased our house so we didn't have enough money for a disney honeymoon. So since this trip is turning into a 2nd honeymoon, we are staying at the GF!! We would not stay there with our kids so we are spoiling ourselves. We for the first time did not get the DDP but I am not sure it is something we need this trip. Right now we plan to go to MNSSHP and F & W. We are there 4 nights, 3 full days. We have 2 dining reservations made for dinners and a carriage ride planned. Other than that, we are winging it! All my DH wants to do is try some "tropical fruity" drinks, lol.

Sounds a lot like our trip! We're staying at CR (would never stay there with the kids). We're also not doing DDP, just have a couple of ADRs and are looking forward to F&W. Enjoy your trip!

Congrats to both of you. We don't have children but our honeymoon 32 years ago was our first trip. Now our favorite thing to do is checking out the different resorts. We do go to the parks but it's not our main goal. We also like dining at the different resorts I bought the Hidden Mickey book and pull it out wherever we happen to go. A no stress trip is the way to go for a couple.

Congrats to both of you. We don't have children but our honeymoon 32 years ago was our first trip. Now our favorite thing to do is checking out the different resorts. We do go to the parks but it's not our main goal. We also like dining at the different resorts I bought the Hidden Mickey book and pull it out wherever we happen to go. A no stress trip is the way to go for a couple.

What Hidden Mickey book is this? I might have time to grab it before our trip!

What Hidden Mickey book is this? I might have time to grab it before our trip!
It's a guide to where you can find hidden Mickey's all over DW. In the paintings, rugs at the resorts, parks, etc. I bought it at one of the resort shops a few years ago. They probably have an updated version of this guide. It's a yellow book with the title Hidden Mickeys. I'll try to get the author but if you do a search on wdwinfo.com under theme parks there's a list of locations to find them.

Hello,

My husband and I love to go alone, and like you we like the POFQ. We stay there each trip. The first night we love to go to Boma at the Animal Kingdom Lodge and eat there, look at the animals, then take WDW transportation to the WDW Polynesian and watch the Electrical Water Pageant and the Magic kingdom Fireworks on the Polynesian Beach. It is very romantic and a lot of fun. We also love Ohana at the Polynesian - it is my favorite dining experience. If you book a late reservation, ask to be seated by a window and you can watch the Magic Kingdom fireworks with the music piped in while you are having your dessert. We do one park per day, and do the rides and experiences that will make us happy. For example, it is our tradition to ride the WDW Mine Train first thing and then get a homemade waffle with fresh fruit and Nutella at Sleepy Hollow at the Magic Kingdom. Or at Epcot, we hold hands and enjoy all of the lands and entertainment very much. Make sure to make all dining reservations ASAP because they are so hard to get. Our favorite full Service places are Ohana, Boma, Teppan Edo, 50's Prime Time Cafe, and the Liberty Tree Tavern. We love Be Our Guest but dinner there is now too expensive for us. So we go there for lunch instead. For Quick Service we like Les Halles, Woody's Lunchbox, Be Our Guest, the new Pandora Restaurant at the Animal Kingdom, Flame Tree for dinner at the Animal Kingdom. For our vacation in two weeks we are going to try a Dole Whip with rum, we love the Dole Whips but as an adult it will be fun to have a special drink. Talk to strangers. We always meet great people and it makes it fun to share conversation when you can. Last, it is simply magical to watch Tinkerbell fly down her line each night at the Magic Kingdom. Have fun !

On our upcoming adults only trip hubby and I are going to:
1. Do Key to the Kingdom tour ( no one under 16 yrs old allowed)
2. See illuminations 4-5 times. ( It is ending next year. It is my favorite)
3. Doing the behind the seeds tour ( it is reasonably priced and good tour)
4. Spending much time in World Showcase eating, shopping and watching Candlelight Processional and other entertainment.
5. We cant do this trip, but we recommend the Wild Africa Trek which we took in the past.
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!