FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL ~ How did it go? ºoº

SandraC

Longs for the feeling of sandy salt water in her k
Hi all! dd started 4th grade today. She came home for lunch and so far, so good! We like her new teacher very much ~ she's brand new to the school. This is a fabulous school! ds starts pre-school next week, we went to his open house this morning. I think he'll love it there! I had to have a TB test because I'll be volunteering in the pre-school. I almost fainted. It's been a great day, how about you all? S

Glad to hear the first day is going well for you. I just started my son in a new school because his last one wasn't being very co-operative with me. He is now in a private catholic school and I like his teacher. He was kind of nervous going to a new school and all but he knows lots of the kids there. One good thing about organized sports it brings kids together from different schools. He knew some girls and boys from soccer and some boys from hockey. I guess it went well. Now my daughter starts kindergarten on Monday. Two down one little one to go. Hope everyone else is having a stress free first day of school.

Tania

Very good! I don't have children, but I am a first year teacher. It was sooooo cool today! I am really looking forward to the year! I am the head of the environmental club!! :bounce:

mickey65, I can't tell you enough how wonderful you are to be a teacher!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have been volunteering in dd's school since she was in kindergarten, I am now the Chair of Volunteers on the School Council. I see teachers working sooooooo hard for the kids. Sometimes they face obstacles like challenging kids and ridiculous parents. (We have excellent Principal and VP so no obstable there). The teachers smile and do their best to educate the kids! CONGRATS on the Environement Club! I too do a lunchtime club for the kids, Fitness and Yoga club (very progressive school). I love volunteering when it's directly involving the kids! I'm not much of a penny counter for pizza lunch LOL (which got me in deep hot water with a few silly volunteers last year ~ some folks are waaaaay to serious LOL).

I wish you the very best and a great FUN career! S

The first day of school started out badly with a bus that never came ( ok, it came, 10 mins AFTER school had already started!) and got worse. My son started grade 1 today, and because the bus was late I drove he and his older sister to school. I notified his teacher that although he was driven today, he was to go home by bus, and I watched her write it down on the class list, including the stop for him to get off. Well, long story short, he did not get his hand stamped with the number of the bus he was to get on like the other kids did, so he thought he had to WALK home, which he did! He walked @ 3 kms (part of which was a major construction zone) and found his way home. They had called home when they realized he was missing, to see if his father or I had picked him up without telling anyone (like we are IDIOTS or something), but never called either of us at work to tell us he was missing, and we never found out until after he was home; then I got a message saying he " got home ok but we have to talk about it, he needs to understand he has to stay with the teacher until he gets on the bus". I thought he missed the bus and someone had to drive him, or that he saw his sister on the bus and ran ahead to her, imagine what we thought when we found out, I didn't know whether to laugh with joy or cry. A 5 year old child was unaccounted for for more than 30 mins and they never bothered to call his parents at work to tell them! In addition he walked through construction and had to cross 3 intersections to get home. He wasn't one bit frightened, and said that when he saw the other people crossing the street he knew he was supposed to go then too. When I think what could have happened...

.... I forget easily how hard it is to get two kids off to the bus stop for 7:10!
.....I was the last to get up after DH, DD & DS took turns on telling me that it wasn't a dream(6:00am)!
.....How long before our trip to WDW?

DD was very happy with her new teacher and so am I. She has to share a locker which should be fun come winter!

They had an addition to the school handbook which could prove interesting. They now frown upon taking the children on vacation during school time and think there is plenty of days off to do vacations then! This should prove interesting. Was gonna let then know now about our January trip but I think I'll hold off for a while! They also changed the time that school starts so now if I have to take DD to school when babysitter isn't available I can't make it in on time. Thank God my employer is very family oriented!

Let the Fun begin!

Scratch
:smooth:

My oldest DS started high school and was really thrilled(this is a kid who usually hates school)I just hope that this enthusiasm lasts.My youngest DS started middle school and came home complaining that his wrist hurt from writing so much(he had to write out his schedule three times,poor thing,LOL)He also hates that his group doesnt have"any power in the school"but they took great pride in beating the grade 8's in football.So this should make for some interesting conversations.

lfw,I know what it is like to have the school lose your child but not quite to your extreme.When my youngest was in JK he was bussed to and from school.Well his class was late being let out and the bus had left without them.The teacher didnt tell anyone and just took the kids back to the room.My DH met the bus(it dropped him off right in front of the house)and driver called his name and nothing.She got up and searched the bus in case he might have fallen asleep.Nothing.By this time my DH is on the phone to me at work and the bus driver was onto dispatch.They called the school and found the missing kids.She drove back to the school and got them meanwhile the rest of the kids were still on the bus with their parents waiting for them.The school did nothing about this telling us that it wasnt the teachers fault and the kids should have told her they were supposed to be going home.He or my other son never took the bus again.:rolleyes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter