First Disneyland Paris Trip in 2024

LKing

DIS Veteran
I am in the beginning stages of planning a DLP trip for fall (Sept/Oct) 2024. We are two adults, no kids. Our dates are flexible. We will not have a car.

We are a 12 hour flight away and would like to visit other parts of France and Europe on our trip - possibly a cruise. Everything else will revolve around when we are at DLP. Any suggestions for what else we can see and do would be very much appreciated.

Is there a difference in crowds, weather, etc. between September and October? Are weekdays better than weekends? Any suggestions on where to stay?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Weather can go all ways. Last few years we have had warm periods in September/October instead of July/August, but also lots of rain are possible.

Really check https://publicholidays.fr/ and https://publicholidays.fr/school-holidays/ The autumn holiday in France is 20 October - 2 November. Several surrounding countries in Europe have the same period. So this last week in October will be busy.

Disneyland Paris is a local park, so relatively quiet during the week during school periods. Busier in the weekends. Schools in France start as of 2 September.

How much of a Disney fan are you? More a casual and you want to do 1 day at DLP, or do you want to see/do it all several times and go several days?
From there you can determine to stay onsite at DLP, or a split stay between the city of Paris and DLP.

Really check https://publicholidays.fr/ and https://publicholidays.fr/school-holidays/ The autumn holiday in France is 20 October - 2 November. Several surrounding countries in Europe have the same period. So this last week in October will be busy.

I've been pondering sometime in April, but Zones B and C are out when NYC schools have Spring Break. Does that mean it'll probably be packed? (Unfortunately as a teacher, my school breaks are the only time I can go).

I've been pondering sometime in April, but Zones B and C are out when NYC schools have Spring Break. Does that mean it'll probably be packed? (Unfortunately as a teacher, my school breaks are the only time I can go).
Zone C is Paris, so that will definitely increase crowds.

Do you plan to go the last week of April? This week will be busy as that is also the week most European countries have Spring Break.

But with a plan you can do a lot. And a bit of Disney is better than no Disney ;-)

Zone C is Paris, so that will definitely increase crowds.

Do you plan to go the last week of April? This week will be busy as that is also the week most European countries have Spring Break.

But with a plan you can do a lot. And a bit of Disney is better than no Disney ;-)
Actually I mistyped. It's Zone A and B. But it would be 4/23-26 so... I may just do something else.

Actually I mistyped. It's Zone A and B. But it would be 4/23-26 so... I may just do something else.
Ok, could be busy not as insanely busy as Summer or Christmas at WDW. Some countries have their holidays as of the 29th.

So it will not be dead, but not necessarily terrible.

How much of a Disney fan are you? More a casual and you want to do 1 day at DLP, or do you want to see/do it all several times and go several days?
From there you can determine to stay onsite at DLP, or a split stay between the city of Paris and DLP.
We are big Disney fans, but not crazy fanatics. We like the fantasy, nostalgia and history of Disney. We have annual passes (Magic Keys) to Disneyland in CA and visit at least once a week. We've been to WDW a couple of times, but don't take regular pilgrimages. We went to Tokyo Disneyland 25 years ago. We are D23 members. We don't collect pins, ears or popcorn buckets :laughing: If anything, we like Disney art.

At DLP, we would like to go on as many rides as we can, but want to focus on attractions and lands that are different than what we have in California. We would like to see the shows if we can understand them (we don't speak French). The characters would be fun, but we would rather see the parks than spend a long time at a character meal. We like photographing the parks and shopping for unusual and unique items.

We were thinking of 2 days/3 nights. Is that enough? We need to figure out transportation to and from the parks. If we do a cruise beforehand, we'll have to get from where the cruise lets off to the parks. I assume we'll fly home out of Paris.

We're trying to avoid pre/post Olympics. I assume most tourist areas in France will be busy during those times.

Ok, could be busy not as insanely busy as Summer or Christmas at WDW. Some countries have their holidays as of the 29th.

So it will not be dead, but not necessarily terrible.
Thanks.

We are big Disney fans, but not crazy fanatics. We like the fantasy, nostalgia and history of Disney. We have annual passes (Magic Keys) to Disneyland in CA and visit at least once a week. We've been to WDW a couple of times, but don't take regular pilgrimages. We went to Tokyo Disneyland 25 years ago. We are D23 members. We don't collect pins, ears or popcorn buckets :laughing: If anything, we like Disney art.

At DLP, we would like to go on as many rides as we can, but want to focus on attractions and lands that are different than what we have in California. We would like to see the shows if we can understand them (we don't speak French). The characters would be fun, but we would rather see the parks than spend a long time at a character meal. We like photographing the parks and shopping for unusual and unique items.

We were thinking of 2 days/3 nights. Is that enough? We need to figure out transportation to and from the parks. If we do a cruise beforehand, we'll have to get from where the cruise lets off to the parks. I assume we'll fly home out of Paris.

We're trying to avoid pre/post Olympics. I assume most tourist areas in France will be busy during those times.

I think 2 days will be enough for you, you'll be able to do everything with ease, if you go during the week, especially if you'll stay onsite, early entry is really beneficial.

Be prepared, as much as I love DLP, being my first Disney park, DL is so much better 🤣

There is a train every 15 minutes from DLP to Paris City center, cheap and easy. And the underground network is excellent to move around, you won't need to rent a car. Actually, that is preferable, because traffic can be mad in Paris.
I would say, maybe have a look for a car service for transfer to/from the airport, luggage on the Metro is sometimes very inconvenient, many stations only have stairs.

Regarding other things to do, it's very difficult to make a list of recommendations. Paris alone deserves 1 or 2 weeks, the rest of France is fantastic and if you extend to the whole of Europe you might spend a lifetime. What are your interests outside of Disney?

I am in the beginning stages of planning a DLP trip for fall (Sept/Oct) 2024. We are two adults, no kids. Our dates are flexible. We will not have a car.

We are a 12 hour flight away and would like to visit other parts of France and Europe on our trip - possibly a cruise. Everything else will revolve around when we are at DLP. Any suggestions for what else we can see and do would be very much appreciated.

Is there a difference in crowds, weather, etc. between September and October? Are weekdays better than weekends? Any suggestions on where to stay?

Thanks in advance.

Is there any reason why you will not have a car ? ( You do drive on the same side of the road )

I ask because there is so much to see Outside of Paris if you have wheels.

NOTE Notre Dame Cathedral is nearly ready for Re opening

Is there any reason why you will not have a car ? ( You do drive on the same side of the road )

For me, I have not driven since I sold my car in 2006 when I moved to NYC. A rental car - ESPECIALLY in a foreign country - is not the time to start driving again. (I don't even rent one here in the states because in the places where people always say "Why not rent a car?" it's high tourist areas. Big old nope sandwich.)

I ask because there is so much to see Outside of Paris if you have wheels.
Mostly because we don't speak or read the language.

Last edited:
Yes, in general 2 full days is enough, especially during low season, when you go during the week.

However, if you love shows, and want to see them all, 2.5-3 days might be better to give yourself time to process. Most shows are bilingual, Mickey says something in French, Minnie answers in English, the dialogue is build in such a way that you get what's going on. about 40/60 or 50/50 English/French.

I do think Together (new Pixar show in the Studios) is an exception, I speak some conversational French, definitely not fluent, but there were at least two scenes where I had no idea what was being said. It's not really a big thing, as the main plotline is clear and the scenes are very stand alone. But still, it was annoying.

In the Studios:
- Mickey and the Magician
- Together
- Disney Jr. Show
- Next year some kind of Alice in Wonderland show will be in the Studios as well. Not much is known yet about this one.
- Hopefully night time show

In the Park, I am going to assume we will have in September 2024.:
- Lion King, Rhythms of the Pride
- New Hub show
- Stars on Parade
- New drone show
- Fireworks show (It escapes me if this will be new as well, could be, otherwise, Disney Dreams)

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter