First DVC Trip and First time at AKL tomorrow

MarineFam

Remember, It all Started with a Mouse...
We leave tomorrow for AKL for our first DVC trip. We are staying in a Studio with a Savanna View in Kidani. I requested closer to the Lobby and Sunset Savanna so we will see what happens. We have been to Disney many times but haven't really stayed on Property much at all.

Any Thoughts about enjoying the resort and must do things? Also, places to eat that I should be trying to get to? Thanks for any info.

AKV was our first DVC stay as well and it is amazing. We love everything about this resort. We thought the hallways were rather long (we own at SSR so no hallways) but they are short compared to other DVCs. As far as food, we do not care for the food at AKV but their are many other places we do enjoy. It really just depends on what you like to eat and what is available.
There are alot of activities at this resort for kids to do. Try to take advantage of some of them and the story telling around the fire sounds like it would be fun to.

I hope you have a great trip!!

Thanks. I think trying the food will be good. We are pretty adventurous trying food, my two boys (15 and 12) included. Hoping it will be good.

Thanks. I think trying the food will be good. We are pretty adventurous trying food, my two boys (15 and 12) included. Hoping it will be good.

Dh and I love love love the food there!! Jiko is amazing! Sanaa and boma too! Even Mara was great! It all has an Indian African flare but we love that! Have fun! We stayed in jambo earlier this year. It is beautiful!

wouldn't mind staying at Jambo for the second half of our stay just to see which we liked better. we have a reservation for a 2BR for next April at Kidani, savanna view. Both are still available so we need to decide which we like better and make a change if needed.

We also love AKL. Have stayed at both Kidani and Jambo and enjoyed the relaxed atmosphere and theming. Our homr resort is SSR, but at this point have stayed at AKL more. We also love each of the restaurants there. Have a great trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter