First DVC vacation, staying at Jambo and Boardwalk

tnicks

Mouseketeer
First time DVCers heading down in the beginning of March for 8 wonderful nights. We'll be staying in a 1br at AKV Jambo and Boardwalk, both standard views. Also, while AKV is our home resort, against recommendations we took the DVC plunge having never stayed there. We've been to enough Disney resorts to know we'll be happy and a split stay is something we enjoy.

We however could use some help with accommodation requests. We have two little girls, aged 3 and 5. My oldest sadly has epilepsy, so sleep is very important and we have them in bed around 8-8:30pm. Quiet rooms are desirable. We'd like to avoid parking lot views and extremely long walks. We had a garden view at Boardwalk once and it was quiet and peaceful.

Does anyone have recommendations as to what requests we should put in for these two resorts, given these goals? What are the best views standard rooms might give you?

Appreciate the help!

A Jambo standard view will not have a parking lot view, only a few of the value villas at Jambo overlook the parking lot. You’ll be on the 5th floor on Kudu or Zebra trail or off the opening to the lobby. Your view will be of the pool, pool/roofs, or Sunset savanna. IME Jambo is very quiet, but I’ve not stayed in one of the lobby villas. The halls (called trails) are longish. Personally I request Kudu trail, which overlooks Sunset savanna. Here’s a map http://www.parkinfo2go.com/dvc-akv/floor5.php
I’ve only stayed at BW once & was at the very end of a long/twisty hallway on an upper floor, which I wouldn’t recommend since it was a hike to get to the one bank of elevators there. The villa itself was lovely & very quiet - it overlooked the canal that the friendship boats travel on to/from DHS/Epcot.

Halls at BWV are long. Close to elevator is a good request and I have never found SV rooms to be too noisy.

BWV standard view is pretty much the parking lot.
Actually more the front entrance drive and small lake along that drive. Both lots (on either side of the entry drive) are pretty well shielded by plantings and the small lake. With rooms on the three lower floors, the landscape plantings block most views of the actual parking. I don’t know about the two upper floors, since we usually request ground floor and have been assigned to either that or floor 2.

A Jambo standard view will not have a parking lot view, only a few of the value villas at Jambo overlook the parking lot. You’ll be on the 5th floor on Kudu or Zebra trail or off the opening to the lobby. Your view will be of the pool, pool/roofs, or Sunset savanna. IME Jambo is very quiet, but I’ve not stayed in one of the lobby villas. The halls (called trails) are longish. Personally I request Kudu trail, which overlooks Sunset savanna. Here’s a map http://www.parkinfo2go.com/dvc-akv/floor5.php
I’ve only stayed at BW once & was at the very end of a long/twisty hallway on an upper floor, which I wouldn’t recommend since it was a hike to get to the one bank of elevators there. The villa itself was lovely & very quiet - it overlooked the canal that the friendship boats travel on to/from DHS/Epcot.
This was super helpful, thank you!

Actually more the front entrance drive and small lake along that drive. Both lots (on either side of the entry drive) are pretty well shielded by plantings and the small lake. With rooms on the three lower floors, the landscape plantings block most views of the actual parking. I don’t know about the two upper floors, since we usually request ground floor and have been assigned to either that or floor 2.
Bit bummed to hear what the standard view is at BWV, but I appreciate the clarifications. Get what you pay for I suppose!

Don't get bummed. We could see the France pavilion from our balcony from our standard view last year. Who stays in their room anyway. You could do that at home :earsboy:

You are going to fall in love with both resorts. They are both great.

Our first contract was BW and then we stayed at AKV and added on there. Love both.
The one thing I will add that is new, the skyliner is visible from standard BWV rooms. My son enjoyed watching them during our last stay. (I thought I was going to find them tacky but much to my surprise, I like them)
If you have a high floor you will probably see partial EPCOT fireworks too.
As far as AKV Jambo, there are no parking lot views so it's either pool or reclassified Savannah. Have fun.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter