First fine with Dining plan- ? About drinks

blessed2BaMama

Earning My Ears
firat of all, although we are WDW veterans of over 35 years, DVC owners and AP holders, we have NEVER purchased the dining plan until our upcoming trip this spring! We are doing the deluxe plan.

I am sorry in advance to bother you with the same questions you have surely seen before but I do appreciate your kindness in helping !

1) for personal reasons, our family does not consume alcohol so we will never be using the one alcoholic drink option- but I know at places like 50’s prime time, the guys in my family will want a milkshake. If they order that as a specialty drink, can they also order a coke as a soft drink? Or is it one drink (of any kind) per person?

2) do you think if we start with a soft drink at a restaurant like Chefs De France, we can switch to coffee to have with the dessert? Or would that count as a second drink?

Again, thank you for your time as I’m sure you’ve seen my ?s many times before!

The drink portion of your dining plan credit is not REQUIRED to be an alcoholic beverage, it's just an option. You won't get a second beverage just because you opted not to get alcohol (keep in mind that on the dining plan, children from 10 and up are considered "adults" and their beverage counts the same as an adult beverage).

It's pretty much a one drink of any kind situation. Especially in that second scenario. I will say that some places have offered a soft drink in addition to another speciality drink at no extra charge, 50's was one of them. Happened one trip and not the next so it's not a guarantee. 50's may also let you get a milkshake as a dessert so that is a choice as well.

We used the DDP and my kids while they were counted as adults they werernt allowed to have alcoholic beverages. I was offered an iced coffee with an alocol additive, and the kids under 21 (they were 19 & 20) were offerd an iced coffee with only a flavoring. Our magic bands must have indicated 2 that were adults that weren't 21.

Actually, if I recall properly as far as soft drinks go the TS restaurants allow free refills.
The same is not true for alcoholic or specialty drinks like milkshakes though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter