• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

first haircut at WDW

jcarlstrom

Mouseketeer
I am taking my son to WDW to celebrate his first birthday at WDW, with my parents, sisters and brothers-in-law. He is the first baby of the family and everyone is super excited.

I heard that you can get a haircut at WDW on main street. Do they do something special for first timers?

Thanks,
Jennifer

Oh yes ... first timers get a certificate and a special pair of "ears" that say "My first Haircut".

Maura gave my 5½ year old granddaughter her first haircut last summer. She good-naturally posed for pictures (a least a dozen!). Cissy just a simple blunt cut evening off the ends, then Maura put a french braid in the front, painted her hair with purple gel to match her outfit and sprinkled pixie dust on her head.

My grandson also got a neat haircut too.

The cost is just $12 and I gave Maura a big tip b/c she was so patient w/my photo taking, LOL!

My DD2 got her first haircut while we were on vacation during Easter. I think the barber's name is Bille and she was fantastic! Of course DD did not sit still and we were amazed at how patient she was. While we were there the Barbershop Quartet showed up and sang a few songs. It was really a magical momoment. I would really try and do this if possible. It will give you all nice memories. They let you take plenty of picture and the certificate and ears are something that I will always treasure.

We did it for our 7 m old dd and it was WELL worth the time!! You will always remember this memory... ;)

Maura gave my 5½ year old granddaughter her first haircut last summer. She good-naturally posed for pictures (a least a dozen!). Cissy just a simple blunt cut evening off the ends, then Maura put a french braid in the front, painted her hair with purple gel to match her outfit and sprinkled pixie dust on her head.

My grandson also got a neat haircut too.

The cost is just $12 and I gave Maura a big tip b/c she was so patient w/my photo taking, LOL!
-------------

Thanks for letting us know they will do first hair cuts for older children also. My dd will be 7 and has never had so much as her ends trimmed. I wondered about having her first hair cut done at MK but wondered if they'd believe it was really her first! She has gorgeous hair that is now past her hips :) I would just want the ends barely trimmed. I was wondering if it would be worth the time and money, but $12 isn't bad and she would love the gel and pixie dust! Plus the certificate would be great in her scrapbook along with all those 1st hair cut stickers I've been saving for 6 years :)

Laurie

They do adult haircuts too...

Michael gave my DH a great trim and then added red hair gel and "pixie dust" to top it off. He even drew a Mickey face with the red hair gel on the back of Kevin's head. People and characters were noticing him all day. Very cute and fun! :D

Our entire family of four (me, hubby and 2 daughters) have all had haircuts at the Harmony Barber Shop... (one right after the other, in fact!) It's a great experience, no matter which of the wonderful barbers you get! Billie is now a great friend of ours, as are the Dapper Dans! I took this picture of our girls, Bonnie & Kellie, in April of 2002 right after Billie finished their haircuts.

BKBDD.jpg

Of coures, no guarantee that the Dappers will show up, but an awful lot of Disney magic and/or Pixie Dust seems to happen for our family in and around Main Street, U.S.A.!

:Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

Have a great time with that first haircut!

Sandy (and Brian, Bonnie & Kellie!)
:earsgirl: :earsboy: :earsgirl: :earsgirl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter