First post-COVID visit WITH toddler - multiple questions

Another question - in my research, I've seen people mention possibly viewing the parades from the Tomorrowland Terrace or Plazma Ray's Diner outdoor terraces / seating - does anyone have any experience doing this?

It sounds like a potentially good way to get out of the sun, have something to eat and view the parade all at the same time. BUT, it also sounds too good to be true and I suspect that the outdoor terraces / seating are likely to be completely full 60+ minutes before the parade starts if they truly offer a good view (and shade).

Another question - in my research, I've seen people mention possibly viewing the parades from the Tomorrowland Terrace or Plazma Ray's Diner outdoor terraces / seating - does anyone have any experience doing this?

It sounds like a potentially good way to get out of the sun, have something to eat and view the parade all at the same time. BUT, it also sounds too good to be true and I suspect that the outdoor terraces / seating are likely to be completely full 60+ minutes before the parade starts if they truly offer a good view (and shade).

I've watched the parade from various restaurants although I don't think I've done it from those. The terrace of Tomorrowland Terrace is where you want to go since the Plazma Rays terrace isn't as close to the parade. Being full 60 minutes before the parade seems like a definite possibility.

A lot of the seasonal daytime parades have stops with a dance-along part that you don't really see well from there. You can also bring your food to where you wait for the parade so it's just better seating. There's also some risk of crowding with these spots. If you try to sit at the tables, it's possible that people will crowd in when the parade starts and stand in front of you. I have noticed that sometimes, people with long camera lenses will rush that spot as the parade passes through to get photos of the floats on the bridge. Then there's also situations where CMs kick people out who are standing which means that if you stand, you run a risk of not being allowed to stay there for the parade.

Are tickets for the new Duffy show ONLY available to Fan Club members until 31 August 2023: https://www.tokyodisneyresort.jp/en/tds/show/detail/7601/

That appears to be the case, but I was hoping someone might be able to confirm. I'm guessing there are a LOT of Fan Club members in Japan (i.e. enough to "sell out" every Duffy show for a month).

In terms of a non-Disney question, would anyone be able to recommend a less crowded viewing location for the Sumida River Fireworks Festival on 29/07: https://en.japantravel.com/tokyo/sumidagawa-fireworks-festival/24685

We'd like to take our toddler to see some fireworks, since they're not on at Disney in July, but we don't need a great view (or a long view - probably only 15 minutes).

Are tickets for the new Duffy show ONLY available to Fan Club members until 31 August 2023: https://www.tokyodisneyresort.jp/en/tds/show/detail/7601/

That appears to be the case, but I was hoping someone might be able to confirm. I'm guessing there are a LOT of Fan Club members in Japan (i.e. enough to "sell out" every Duffy show for a month).

In terms of a non-Disney question, would anyone be able to recommend a less crowded viewing location for the Sumida River Fireworks Festival on 29/07: https://en.japantravel.com/tokyo/sumidagawa-fireworks-festival/24685

We'd like to take our toddler to see some fireworks, since they're not on at Disney in July, but we don't need a great view (or a long view - probably only 15 minutes).

Getting a Funderful Disney membership will save you money once you buy at least 6 of their discounted park tickets in one year so it pays for itself if you're a family of 4 visiting each park for one day. This is not even including all the other "free" stuff like calendars and so on. So yes, there are a lot of Fan Club members in Japan.

Another question!

I keep reading that you can view all the merchandise for sale in the park on the app, but … I can’t see anything?!

I can find all the shops, but when I click on them there’s no list of merchandise?

Can you only view the merchandise on the app when you’re actually in the park? Or am I missing something?

Another question!

I keep reading that you can view all the merchandise for sale in the park on the app, but … I can’t see anything?!

I can find all the shops, but when I click on them there’s no list of merchandise?

Can you only view the merchandise on the app when you’re actually in the park? Or am I missing something?

You need to change the app to Japanese and then it'll show up under the shopping bag icon. Android doesn't support true app level language switching so in Android, you switch your phone to Japanese and then completely close and reopen the app. I just checked and it can be viewed when outside of Japan.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter