First Solo Trip Plan - January 2024

Skywatcher1206

Mouseketeer
Hi All,

I am planning on my first solo trip in January. I am currently staying at Riviera, but am on the waitlist for Beach Club once I heard about the Skyliner being down for my dates (boo!). I have an AP so I will be hopping around on this trip.

Current plan is:
Wednesday - Early flight in to MCO. Land at 7:55 AM. Drop off luggage at resort. Go to Blizzard Beach for a short time to get Chicken & Rice (it really is that good!). Go to HS until closing, prioritizing Fantasmic & Rise.
Thursday - 4 Park Challenge (details below)
Friday - Go to Animal Kingdom. Uber to Universal in late afternoon.
Saturday - Universal
Sunday - Universal. Leave park at 2pm Fly home at 5:15 from MCO.

4 Park Challenge Plan:
Start @ HS:
-Rope Drop Rise. If not open at Rope Drop, do another attraction.
-Genie + Slinky for earliest time possible (booked at 7 am)
-Have breakfast
-See Beauty and the Beast show @ 11am
Hop to Epcot:
-ILL for Guardians for time around 1pm (booked at 7am)
-Genie + Remy for time after 1pm
-Single Rider Test Track
-Ride Soarin
-Have QS lunch in WS somewhere in there
Hop to Animal Kingdom:
-Genie + Kilimanjaro Safaris for time around 4pm
-Single Rider Everest
-See FOTLK
-Have snack
Hop to Magic Kingdom:
-ILL Tron for sometime around 7pm ( booked at 7am)
-Genie + Peter Pan
-Genie + Big Thunder
-Have Dinner
- See Philharmagic
-See fireworks
-Ride Seven Dwarves at end of night

Genie + Order:
1. SDD
2. Remy
3. Peter Pan
4. Kilimanjaro Safari
5. Big Thunder

What does everyone think of the overall plan?
Is my 4 park challenge plan too much?

Thanks everyone! 😊

Well, it appears that some changes may need to be made to this plan as Big Thunder (and Rockin Roller Coaster and the Skyliner) will be closed during my trip 😩. I know that maintenance is a necessity but Boo!!! Will still have a good time though.

Last edited:

Looking forward to hearing how the four parks day goes. I'm currently planning a 3-day solo visit to Disneyland (Disney portion of the trips starts January 29th), so solo trip reports at WDW or DL will be fun to read if you post one. Which dates are you going?

Looking forward to hearing how the four parks day goes. I'm currently planning a 3-day solo visit to Disneyland (Disney portion of the trips starts January 29th), so solo trip reports at WDW or DL will be fun to read if you post one. Which dates are you going?
I am going 1/16-1/21 on a partial WDW stay and partial UO stay. It is my first solo trip so I am a little nervous but excited to do some things I’ve never done! 😊

So, a little update!

Have decided that I absolutely did not want to have to get up at 4am on Wednesday so cancelled my SW flight and got a flight on Delta for Tuesday night on points! Staying at All Star on an AP discount for the one night, less than $100. Not too bad!

This does mean that I have changed up my day plans a little and will now be trying for the 4 park challenge on Wednesday instead! 😊

Tuesday - Arrive at 10:20
Wednesday - 4 park challenge (HS, Epcot, AK, and MK in that order)
Thursday - Sleep in, go to MK for Adventure calvacade (they moved it to morning and ruined my initial plan), hop to HS
Friday - AK, hop to Epcot
Saturday - move over to Universal in morning
Sunday - Universal. Go home

I am going 1/16-1/21 on a partial WDW stay and partial UO stay. It is my first solo trip so I am a little nervous but excited to do some things I’ve never done! 😊
I've never visited WDW solo, but I've been on a few solo visits to DL and CA, sometimes single days with a park hopper where I'm trying to cram in as much as possible between the two parks. It's a totally different kind of trip than with family/friends.

On one hand, I miss not having people to share the memories with, and that can be a huge part of the fun.

On the other hand, it's a unique experience being able to go entirely at your own pace and do exactly what you want to do when you want to do it. Rope dropper? No need to wait for others to get ready. Move at a fast pace? There's no one to slow you down. Full of energy and want to stay until park closing? There's no one complaining they're tired and making you feel bad that you want to maximize your fun. And the opposites of all of those are true, as well. Want to sleep in? Go ahead. Want to take your time and rest on a park bench? Soak in that atmosphere. Tired and want to leave early? You won't feel guilty about making others leave before they want to.

I certainly wouldn't want every trip to be solo, but I love that I get to do it every once in a while. The only thing you need to think or worry about is "what do I feel like doing?" Then you just do it. Hope you have a great time!

I've never visited WDW solo, but I've been on a few solo visits to DL and CA, sometimes single days with a park hopper where I'm trying to cram in as much as possible between the two parks. It's a totally different kind of trip than with family/friends.

On one hand, I miss not having people to share the memories with, and that can be a huge part of the fun.

On the other hand, it's a unique experience being able to go entirely at your own pace and do exactly what you want to do when you want to do it. Rope dropper? No need to wait for others to get ready. Move at a fast pace? There's no one to slow you down. Full of energy and want to stay until park closing? There's no one complaining they're tired and making you feel bad that you want to maximize your fun. And the opposites of all of those are true, as well. Want to sleep in? Go ahead. Want to take your time and rest on a park bench? Soak in that atmosphere. Tired and want to leave early? You won't feel guilty about making others leave before they want to.

I certainly wouldn't want every trip to be solo, but I love that I get to do it every once in a while. The only thing you need to think or worry about is "what do I feel like doing?" Then you just do it. Hope you have a great time!
Thanks, all good points. I think I am most worried about the not having as good of a time as there will be no one to say, “wow, how cool was that?!”to. I am planning on writing up a trip report when I get back so I will let everyone know how it went😊

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter