First solo trip, what would you do?

xjuax

Earning My Ears
Hey everybody, I'm going on my first solo trip in about a month (3 nights); if you were me, what would you do?

EDIT: to be clear, I'm not necessarily asking for your advice, I really just want to know what you do or would do on a solo trip.

Last edited:
Hey everybody, I'm going on my first solo trip in about a month (3 nights); if you were me, what would you do?

Can't really answer that because of 2 things: 1) more information about you might help and 2) what I like to do may not be your cup of tea. Can always give suggestions, but in the end this is your trip. You have to do what is right for you!

Park hopper, no TS restaurants, and then anything I want. lol You move fast on a solo trip and can get a lot done.

If it were me, I’d be up early for rope drop and just go go go all day until park close. Get everything done in the 3 days. And as mentioned above, no TS restaurants.

I'd do the Keys to the Kingdom tour that no one in my family has ever been interested that I think really sounds fun. I'm figuring you have two days. For my second day, I'd do Epcot (and it would be an added plus if that were during the Flower and Garden festival). I'd also bring along some good books and do some reading at my hotel and get room service after a busy park days. Actually though I have relatives in the area, so I'd probably invite them to dinner.

I did a quick solo trip in October. If you have never done it. It’s. Amazing. The advantages are so cool being solo. The only negative was not being able to share the experience with, but it was great. I only did 2 park days and did all 4. I was at a music festival prior and then went to the ocean after so did a lot. I also did MNSSHP on Halloween night which was cool.

The best is you do what you want when you want! Utilize single rider line!!

You are going to love your solo trip! My 3rd is coming up in May, and I can’t wait! I love getting up early for rope drop and getting lots done, then slowing down for snacks and people watching. Definitely consider a park hopper- you can get a lot done, and it offers a lot of flexibility. I think one of my favorite parts of my last solo trip was checking out all of the resorts on the monorail loop. I found a swing on a deserted beach at the Polynesian and spent a gloriously long time simply enjoying the view and the quiet!

Multiple solo trips for me. Basically you can do whatever you want. I have hit the lazy rivers at the water parks, played mini golf solo (don’t really recommend it), played Sorcerer’s of the Kingdom, Met Mickey at each of the 4 parks, ate TS restaurants (even Biergarten twice), shopped at Disney Springs.

I have a solo trip TR in my signature if you're interested. I didn't think I'd want much table service, but I got SO SICK of quick service food very fast. The next time I go solo I will make more dining reservations. But for only three days it might not be such a big deal. I usually go for a full week.

I used it as an opportunity to take in my surroundings and not worry about rushing around so much. I stayed in a savanna view room at AKL and spent a lot of afternoons just hanging out there. But again, with just three days, I probably wouldn't have done as much relaxing.

I have done several solo trips. Rope drop to the end of the night and did whatever I wanted. I did book TS just for the rest in the AC time, but then I will also ride monorail to GF and hang out in the lobby to rest

I did a two week solo trip and it was amazing! Did a split stay with 4 different resorts, ate one ts meal a day and tried a ton of new spots, got a massage, did 3 tours, and got up exactly when I wanted to, did 3 Disney races (5k,10k and a half marathon) as well as 2 more half marathons that were offsite, and did exactly whatever I wanted.....it was fantastic!

....I’ll also add that it takes a very short amount of time for 1 person to eat at a ts restaurant. They take very good care of solo travelers but it only ever took me 30 minutes. Just so you know for planning.

I did a solo trip last fall, and it was wonderful. I felt free from care. I got an annual pass. I loved doing rope drop, QS kids meals ("adult " being too large), meeting other guests, walking all day (family putters out by 10000 steps and I like to see if I can hit 30000). I had lots of pictures done so my family could follow from afar (I'm not actually photogenic, but they wanted to see my mug and follow along vicariously). I loved the tour where you see elephants backstage.

Then when I went with my elderly parents in January, I was able to be much more laid back and patient. They need to go very slowly and sit down often, or they hurt a lot, and my Dad has developed cognitive impairment and is steadily fading. So with my parents, the trip is about care-taking and collecting good memories with them smiling. They love Disney.

EDIT: to be clear, I'm not necessarily asking for your advice, I really just want to know what you do or would do on a solo trip.
I do quite a bit of solo trips in fact this year alone I will be at Disney 17 night in just two trips ( and this is what I have planned more could come). So I would say yes. But I do not know you are you ok being alone. If you are then go for it I would do a short trip first to see how you like it. As fair as what I do I do what every I want when I want how many times I want too becuse there is no one in my group to please but me

I would hit all of my favorite bars: Mizners, Hole in the Wall, Splitsville, Gurgling Suitcase.

I use a hopper or annual pass for solo trips, it’s absolutely worth it. I take advantage of rope drop, single rider lines, and extra magic hours, and hop. Wake early, take a nap or midday break, then close out another park. Unlike some other theme parks, you can bring food and beverages into the park. So I bring snacks like nuts and protein bars and eat off peak at quick service venues. I also like to eat at the bars/lounges attached to the some of the table service restaurants. Nomad lounge next to Tiffins in AK is a nice spot.
Trip expenditures are reallocated too. I spend less on lodging since less time is spent in the room and at the resort. And pay for extras like hard ticket events to after hours and special parties.

Last edited:
You are going to love your solo trip! My 3rd is coming up in May, and I can’t wait! I love getting up early for rope drop and getting lots done, then slowing down for snacks and people watching. Definitely consider a park hopper- you can get a lot done, and it offers a lot of flexibility. I think one of my favorite parts of my last solo trip was checking out all of the resorts on the monorail loop. I found a swing on a deserted beach at the Polynesian and spent a gloriously long time simply enjoying the view and the quiet!

When are you going in May?

my first solo is May 18 and 19 for in parks I am doing half days at each park and doing crystal palace because its pretty and no one i go with wants to go

I have done two solo portions of trips lately (both as part of larger, non-solo trips). I felt the time alone gave me the freedom to be more flexible with what I wanted to do, and it was easier to find the funds to do "special" things that I might not have done with a bigger group.

On the first, I stayed at Caribbean Beach and did DxDDP. I ate where I wanted to eat and did the Backstage Magic tour. Oh, and I did AK After Hours.

On the 2nd, I stayed off-site and did more tours - Keys to the Kingdom, Taste of the Magic Kingdom, and Wild Africa Trek. I did HS After Hours on this one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!