First solo trip

DisneyWorldDad0830

Earning My Ears
I am thinking of making my first solo trip during the first week of November. I was a little aprehensive about going alone until I found this message board. I am going through a divorce and just wanted to get away and forget about things for a while. Since Disneyworld is my happy place I was thinking of making this my place to get away to, just nervous of going by myself.

Don't be nervous!! I did my first solo trip in May and I loved it. It was the first time I ever got to really relax on a Disney trip. I didn't have to worry about making sure everyone else was happy, which was a nice break. I felt a little guilty for leaving DH and the kids at home, but got over it pretty quickly.

If it's your happy place, go for it!

Don't be nervous, it's a great place to go solo. I go solo often, you can do what you want when you want. No one to please but yourself.

I went solo twice in August and I'm going back again in less than two days. You'll have a fabulous time, I promise, even if there are some initial weird feelings.

Go and enjoy! and especially enjoy using single rider lanes, the ease of picking up 1 person fastpasses or 1 person ADRs on short notice :)

Solo is great! When I went through my divorce my 1st trip alone was Hawaii ( I had a free airline ticket that I used to get me some of the way there ). My 2nd solo trip was a few months later at WDW and it was awesome! Totally empowering to travel alone.

Once you try disney solo, you'll be hooked. I promise you that. Dining solo at disney isn't a big deal either. The servers are great. I never get any weird looks from people about dining alone because its so common. There are tons of people who go to disney solo for whatever reason....their family doesnt want to go, you're there on business, etc. Me, my DS17 grew out of disney sadly. He's no longer interested. Neither is my BF. Which is why i go solo. If i had a choice to go with my DS/BF or go solo, i'd honestly choose solo. hahahaha. :lmao: No joke! It really is the best and so relaxing. I love going at my own pace and doing what I want.

Keep in mind that during my trip I do tend to meet up with other disney soloist from this site. One night im going out to dinner with someone, then on another night im meeting up with a group at jelly rolls. I got an invite to do mvmcp but im still unsure about that. Not sure i want to go to the party.

My first trip after my divorce was Disney World. I had only been to Magic Kingdom once before and wanted to experience all the parks. I was worried about being solo, but I was so busy doing things it never crossed my mind while I was there. People spoke to me while waiting on lines and before firework shows, I never really felt alone. Plus on you're on your own schedule. I think you should definitely do it!

I have been to WDW solo a few times and highly recommend it. You can really get around, follow (and change) your schedule anytime and it is great to be at your happy place. The only thing I missed was sharing the experiences as they happen, but I saved them up and shared them later, which was also kind of fun! Go for it!

GO you will have a good time. You can do as much or as little as you want when you want. You really never feel alone. Lots of CM to talk to. You will enjoy it.

You will be fine. Besides, there are a few people on the boards going solo around then. If you want company, you can find it, and if you want solitude, you will have it. I went to Blizzard Beach solo in May and am going to the parks again in October/November(the crossover week). I can tell you for a fact people are welcoming as long as you don't stick out in any way and are friendly.

You will be fine. Besides, there are a few people on the boards going solo around then. If you want company, you can find it, and if you want solitude, you will have it. I went to Blizzard Beach solo in May and am going to the parks again in October/November(the crossover week). I can tell you for a fact people are welcoming as long as you don't stick out in any way and are friendly.

So I haven't been to Disney by myself, but I have been to several places in Europe and some National Parks by myself. Overall I love the experience. I get to go wherever I want without having to make compromises, can take a long time taking pictures (I once took 10 minutes taking pictures of a family of goats), and having more space in the hotel.

Biggest con for me is not being able to split the cost. Hotel rooms and rental cars are a lot more when you don't have someone else paying half (I'm younger and unmarried, so when I travel in groups I split the cost with friends).

I used to work in a theme park not owned by Disney, and we definitely made a point to get solo visitors involved. Disney will make you feel involved in the community if you want and give you space when you don't feel like socializing. If price isn't a deterrent, then go for the trip.

I am thinking of making my first solo trip during the first week of November. I was a little aprehensive about going alone until I found this message board. I am going through a divorce and just wanted to get away and forget about things for a while. Since Disneyworld is my happy place I was thinking of making this my place to get away to, just nervous of going by myself.
I am going solo around the very end of October to the beginning of November. Booking soon. I o to Disney all the time, just never solo. I am going through a bit of a rough time too so I feel you.. I need to go back to my happy place too! You'll have a great time. I can let you know what days I exactly book and for one of them maybe we shall cross paths =]!

I feel you on the nerves. About to go on my first solo Disney visit...to DLHK...in a few weeks. So excited, but nervous too!

I just returned from my first solo trip. My advice....DO IT!!!! being a bit introverted, I had serious reservations about going alone. Boy, was I wrong! I was at ease the moment I got on Disney's Magical Express!! It couldn't have been a better experience, I am already planning my next solo trip for September 2018!!!!

Don't be nervous I am newly widowed and its been a hell of a year and half taking care of my husband and I get this 1000% of the needing to just get away and be alone!

Just got back from my second solo trip. Was very nervous before my first trip but am so happy now. Except for when visiting the Princess Fairytale Hall when Cinderella and Elena both thought I was with the solo woman behind me in line (don't blame them for thinking it), I never felt awkward or out of place by being solo. Even at meals, the waiters and CM's go out of their way to make sure the meal is comfortable.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!