First stay at BWV

kenna987

Earning My Ears
We are staying at BWV for the first time in July and we are super excited!! (AKL is our home resort) are there any tips or advice we should know about for BWV? I'm sure it's gonna be awesome!

We are staying at BWV for the first time in July and we are super excited!! (AKL is our home resort) are there any tips or advice we should know about for BWV? I'm sure it's gonna be awesome!

I recommend that you have tickets which include park hopping privileges so you can take advantage of the fact that you can walk to both Epcot and DHS. Also be sure to download and use the My Disney Experience app on your smart phone so you can check FP return times and know when to enter the parks and grab FPs for your favorite attractions.

Of course that strategy may change once they implement FP+.

BWV is one of my fav DVC resorts, but people often complain about the long walks to the elevator...if you are not partial to long walks, see if you can request a room close to the elevator.

I also see if I can get a room on a higher floors(4+) because if you have a garden/pool view the trees have grown so much that you really can't see anything from your balcony on the lower floors.

The boats to Epcot and DHS are not like the boats at some of the other WDW resorts. They are flat bottomed and slow but that does not necessarily mean you should skip them. Yes, I would walk to Epcot from BWV but the boat to DHS is a nice ride and it can save your feet after a long day walking around the parks.

...and of course, the best thing about BWV is access through the IG into Epcot. You would be amazed at the number of people who have no idea that the IG even exists and the IG is worth it's weight in gold when it comes to leaving Epcot after Illuminations.

There is nothing better than an early morning promenade around the "loop" with coffee. :cloud9: Be careful, though. They hose down the boardwalk and it can be slippery. Especially in flip flops! ::yes::

There is nothing better than an early morning promenade around the "loop" with coffee. :cloud9: Be careful, though. They hose down the boardwalk and it can be slippery. Especially in flip flops! ::yes::

OMG, that is so true. I thought it was only me. I almost went flying in my flip flops across the boardwalk!

Even worse in worn out Crocs!!! Stick to the boards going sideways, not in the same direction that you're walking in. That helps.

In any case, if AKL is your home resort, you won't mind the halls of BWV!!! I find them to be pretty much the same. I love AKL/Kidani!!!
The boat is a nice option to have. But we tend to walk to both parks. Even at night. I've walked back to BWV from HS at 1:30am....while it was a bit spooky, I never felt unsafe!! It's very well lit.
Be sure to just walk around the lake. It's a beautiful walk...I love to do that at least once on each stay.
You can walk over to the Dolphin and eat at Picabu..one of my favorite spots to eat at least one time.

Thumper and goofy, that is so funny! My adult DD and I almost lost our lives on those wet boards. We had to tip!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

abner1776 said:
BWV is one of my fav DVC resorts, but people often complain about the long walks to the elevator...if you are not partial to long walks, see if you can request a room close to the elevator.

I also see if I can get a room on a higher floors(4+) because if you have a garden/pool view the trees have grown so much that you really can't see anything from your balcony on the lower floors.

The boats to Epcot and DHS are not like the boats at some of the other WDW resorts. They are flat bottomed and slow but that does not necessarily mean you should skip them. Yes, I would walk to Epcot from BWV but the boat to DHS is a nice ride and it can save your feet after a long day walking around the parks.

...and of course, the best thing about BWV is access through the IG into Epcot. You would be amazed at the number of people who have no idea that the IG even exists and the IG is worth it's weight in gold when it comes to leaving Epcot after Illuminations.

What is IG?

We always *say* we want to try other DVC resorts, but most of the time we end up at either the BCV or the BWV. We simply love this location! Walking over to Epcot through the Intl Gateway is one of my favorite things:cloud9:

We also enjoy the walk over to DHS. The BoardWalk has a lot of fun activities in the evening and the Y&BC are close too.

The quiet pool is nice, and if you have kids they will enjoy the activites at Community Hall located at the quiet pool.

Any questions, just ask!:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter