First time camping trip to Disney

Linda Talbot

Mouseketeer
I am really getting the urge to do the World again. Hubby and I were there in September and due to family problems (my dad was very ill and has since passed away) and the terriorist attacks, we really did not enjoy ourselves as much as we had hoped for. So today I did some thinking and looking at the calender for 2002 and think that October would be just fine for another trip. And we want to do something different this time, camp at Fort Wilderness! This has long been my dream, and hubby said fine, just make the arrangements and let him know the dates. Can't wait. We have a small camper, self contained, don't need much space for 2 empty nesters and think the time has come to experience Disney at the campground. Will let you know more details as the trip planning continues.

Linda, welcome to the camping board! Sorry to hear about the loss of your dad.

You will have a great time at FW, but let me warn you--it can be addictive!!! Some of us count the days between visits--well, I do, anyway;)

Ask away if you have any questions!!

Barbara
185 days to go

Linda,

Camping at FW is wonderful. Just hanging out at the campground is so relaxing.

What kind of camper do you have, pop-up, travel trailer or other?

We have a small travel trailer. We think about upgrading each year, but as hubby keeps reminding me, upgrade or Disney! And guess what we do-------Disney! We have had so many great trips in the little thing, and so many wonderful memories, why go to the expense of something larger when we really don't need it.

I know just what you mean Linda, when we sold our pop up (we had bought it used to see if we'd like it) we looked into other pop ups, but unbelievably, we could buy a new travel trailer for what they were wanting for new pop ups in our area. We bought a 24ft Coachmen and while I don't consider it small, I know it is compared with others. Every once in a while, DH wants a bigger one but we don't NEED anything larger. Sometimes (when we're cleaning ;) ) it's larger than we want. LOL So instead... we bought into DVC to feed my Disney fanatic inner child. Now, when we're not camping, we're at the Mouse House and this coming Jan will be the 1st time for me to do both!

Happy Camping,
Cheryl :bounce: 45 days left to go

Linda, Welcome,

I think you will enjoy camping at FW, no matter what size camper you have. The grounds are wounderful! Our family (DH, DS, DD and I) is counting down as i type. 25 days till check in. This will be our 2nd time camping, for all of us. And we just updated our 5th wheel trailor in Oct. It is the way to go for us!! We love camping and our children love the fact that they have all their own blankets and pillows. Good luck with your trip, and happy camping.

Gidget

No matter what you camp in,your trip to FW will be great. DW and I and my 2 boys have been camping at FW
for over 18yrs now and we love it. We started in a tent.When we say we are going to Disney the boys say
camping!!!!!!!.And if we tell them wea are staying in hotel they won't go they want to camp.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter