First Time to Disneyland California

angel659

<font color=peach>Have A <font color=deeppink>Magi
Hi

We are thinking of going to Disneyland California instead of WDW next year. How many days would we need for disneyland I noticed they have two parks? Do they still show Fantasmic there? This is a big part of WDW I love and would hate to miss out. Also is it worth changing our plans from WDW to LA. We will be travelling with kids aged 3,3, and 7. Is there enough to do for children at that age?

Sorry for all the questions I really have no idea on California. Any more tips would be great thanks.

Michelle
X

Be aware that Fantasmic is shown over the Rivers of America. There is no stadium like in WDW so seating can be a challenge. It plays during peak season daily (summer, Christmas, spring break) and then only on weekends during non-peak periods. Many people stake out their seats well in advance.

Fantasmic at DL is so much better than WDW. They don't have all the Pocohontas/John Smith garbage and have Peter Pan and Hook instead. Much better. They need to build them an arena like at WDW.

POTC is also much better at DL than WDW. WDW is too short, just bits and pieces, where DL is a gradual story to a finish. Much better.

HM is also better at DL. I love the bride and all her husbands.

You will LOVE DL with kids! Everything is closer together and you can walk from one park to another! Another thing i like about DL vs WDW is that people don't tend to stake out seats as early for parades, we can usually walk up 15 minutes before and still get a good spot. There are more rides in fantasyland that would appeal to the younger crowd and as a previous poster has mentioned, Haunted Mansion, Pirates, Space Mountain, Tiki Room - all better at DL! Definitely take 3-5 days there at least. Try to stay at a hotel nearby and then you can WALK back in the afternoon for a nap, so much nicer than relying on WDW buses! Also, don't miss Aladdin, it is, hands down, the best Disney show i've seen at either park. As far as Fantasmic, it's the same kind of idea but you don't have to get there 2 hours early to get a seat. As another poster said, there are minor differences between WDW and DL's versions but I'm sure you'll love DL's just as much! I wish I was going back soon, have a great time!

Hi

Thank you for you advice. It sounds great. Then again its Disney :love: Would you say CA would be okay to take children at that age. People on the UK site where not that sure on the ages of the children, due to places being so far away from each other. It would be nice to see another part of America. I love America and cant wait to go to NY and seeing CA would be great. I will definately look more into the prices and see how much it would be to go. Is the food etc more expensive than FL?

I would say 3 full days at DL should be enough to see everything you'd want to see and do. Perhaps 4 if you want to have "lazy days" and wander around, be able to do things twice and sleep in. There are simply a lot fewer restaurants and "extra" exhibits/experiences in DL/DCA. But, all in all, I like DL better than the MK at WDW. There are lots and lots of threads about the differences.
If I were going with kids your kids' ages, I'd stay at DL or the DL area for a full week, if possible. I'd take time to go to Sea World and the beach while I was there. I'd go for two days to DL, then spend a few days playing at the beach, going to Sea World, playing in DtD and at the resort/hotel pool, and then end the trip with the last couple of days at DL. Then it feels more like a vacation. Check out the Southern California pass and see if it might be a better deal, if you want to do some non-disney stuff.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter