First time, what is not to be missed?

What would you recommend for a one & only trip--66 year old not best health woman on fixed income & 30 year old teacher (so not high income)?
Would the Diamond Head hike be out, or difficult?
I know Pearl Harbor.
What is reason for going to North Shore?
I don't see many recommending the Polynesian Center. Should we go to it, or skip it?
I am thinking one week---one & only trip. Money is a concern, cannot get & do whatever we want.
Thanks in advance.

What would you recommend for a one & only trip--66 year old not best health woman on fixed income & 30 year old teacher (so not high income)?
Would the Diamond Head hike be out, or difficult?
I know Pearl Harbor.
What is reason for going to North Shore?
I don't see many recommending the Polynesian Center. Should we go to it, or skip it?
I am thinking one week---one & only trip. Money is a concern, cannot get & do whatever we want.
Thanks in advance.
I really enjoyed the Polynesian Cultural Center but it's a little pricey, plus if you're staying at Aulani it's at the opposite end of the island.

The North Shore is a great place to go for snorkeling in the summer or waves in the winter. It's beautiful shoreline and they have incredible sunsets.

Diamond Head is a little bit of a trek. It's one of the most well-marked hikes, but you're still hiking up a crater. The path is uneven and definitely not paved or smooth. There is also a fairly long stretch of stairs at the end.

If you want a nice place to walk around, I suggest Waimea Valley. It's a garden/nature reserve and all of the paths are paved. There's a great waterfall at the back where you can even get in. The valley only costs $16 per adult for entrance so it isn't too pricey.

One great thing about Hawaii is all beaches are legally required to have free public access, so if money is a concern then you can always just beach hop! Look for turtles and seashells or just enjoy the sunshine.

One thing that saved us a lot of money was the Go Oahu Card, so if you want to do some attractions then you might look into if it would be a good deal for you or not.

I really enjoyed the Polynesian Cultural Center but it's a little pricey, plus if you're staying at Aulani it's at the opposite end of the island.

The North Shore is a great place to go for snorkeling in the summer or waves in the winter. It's beautiful shoreline and they have incredible sunsets.

Diamond Head is a little bit of a trek. It's one of the most well-marked hikes, but you're still hiking up a crater. The path is uneven and definitely not paved or smooth. There is also a fairly long stretch of stairs at the end.

If you want a nice place to walk around, I suggest Waimea Valley. It's a garden/nature reserve and all of the paths are paved. There's a great waterfall at the back where you can even get in. The valley only costs $16 per adult for entrance so it isn't too pricey.

One great thing about Hawaii is all beaches are legally required to have free public access, so if money is a concern then you can always just beach hop! Look for turtles and seashells or just enjoy the sunshine.

One thing that saved us a lot of money was the Go Oahu Card, so if you want to do some attractions then you might look into if it would be a good deal for you or not.

Thank you so much. And thanks also for the quick reply. We are looking for this trip for summer 2020, so time to plan, but lots of things could happen between now & then.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter