First Time With No Kids

virginiagirl

Earning My Ears
OK, bear with me, Mouseketeers!
Me- newly divorced Mom of 2 college age kids
Friend- also divorced Mom of 2 college age kids

I was shocked, dismayed, amazed and all kinds of other dramatic reactions when I found out my friend BJ had never (!!) been to The World. A coworker just got back and we spent more than a few hours of company time perusing photos and sharing stories. BJ sighed and said "well, I guess I missed my chance, my boys are grown now".
HELLO? Immediately I decided she MUST go, and persuaded her to make reservations at Port Orleans for the beginning of October, what better way for a grown up to experience Disney than at the Wine & Food Festival, right?

I've done my time standing in line to meet Cinderella, almost lost my lunch on the Tea Cups and stopped at all the kiddie stations around Epcot. But I have never, myself, been there with no kids.

We are both on a tight budget so there will be no spa experiences or really fancy meals. Help me plan the must-do adult things in the parks! She doesn't do rollercoasters so Space Mountain & the Rockin Rollercoaster are out. As mentioned before, we are at POFQ, it looked a little more grown up than Pop Century or All Stars where I have stayed with the kids and Exhusband. We do have the Dining Plan, I'd like your feedback on where to eat, what are the must see attractions, etc.

My last trip was in 2003 so Mickey's Philharmagic wasn't up and running yet, that is on my list so far, as is Kilimanjaro Safari, we never seemed to be able to get a fastpass for that in years gone by.

I really enjoy all the trip reports and promise to write one when we get back. It's funny, I've been reading DisBoards for about 2 years but never bothered to register till I had a trip planned myself. Thanks for all the great info, it sure makes the years in between trips a LOT more bearable!

Hi!! Good for you guys on going! POFQ is my favorite resort. It's small and quaint and the first bus stop to pick up and drop off (it also stops by POR).

We love eating at Cinderella's castle and Teppen Edo's was excellent over in Japan at Epcot!

:welcome: to the Dis!

You will love Port Orleans! Definitely check out YeeHaa Bob Jackson who leads a great boogie-woogie sing-along at the River Roost Lounge at Port Orleans Riverside. Doesn't cost you a thing (unless you buy drinks, of course!)

If I was going without my kids (we did, once - they still don't know!) I'd take time to tour as many resorts as I could. And just soak up the atmosphere.

Spend some time shopping at Downtown Disney - they often have outdoor concerts in the evening at the Marketplace.

Take your time at the World Showcase at Epcot - kids always want to rush through that. See all the shows! Have some adult beverages.

Ooh, hot tub time - that's always good, too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter