First timer at Wyndham Bonnet Creek with a 3yo and 6yo - any advice?

sneff

Earning My Ears
Hello All! First off, thank you ahead of time - this site is a little confusing to me, but I've managed to read to some recent threads and have had some great insight. I'm posting to see if people would be willing to give general advice for first time family of 4 (me, hubs, 3yo son, 6yo daughter) staying at Bonnet Creek on our FIRST TRIP TO WDW! Some specific questions I have to start off are:

1. Any recs on where to instacart groceries from? I hear there may be a Publix near by? We don't have those in TX so aren't familiar. We would ideally like to have them delivered shortly before or close to when we arrive onsite our first day. What are logistics with that? Do they come directly to the room? Front desk?
2. Any recs on which tower to ask for? We have a (non-presidential) standard 2-bedroom. Of course we have kids so the fireworks view is tempting, but I personally like the idea of requesting a lake view just for overall aesthetics. I also know we will be wanting to head out to parks pretty early so walkability and closeness to our car (we are renting one) would also be kinda nice.

Thanks again!

You have to be physically onsite to accept grocery delivery. Bell services will not accept it anymore.

Also, Bonnet no longer takes location requests in advance. You can ask when you check in, but the resort is very compact, and everything is close to everything else. We've had a "bad" view once or twice, and even then just sitting on the balcony or looking out the window is fine.

Hello All! First off, thank you ahead of time - this site is a little confusing to me, but I've managed to read to some recent threads and have had some great insight. I'm posting to see if people would be willing to give general advice for first time family of 4 (me, hubs, 3yo son, 6yo daughter) staying at Bonnet Creek on our FIRST TRIP TO WDW! Some specific questions I have to start off are:

1. Any recs on where to instacart groceries from? I hear there may be a Publix near by? We don't have those in TX so aren't familiar. We would ideally like to have them delivered shortly before or close to when we arrive onsite our first day. What are logistics with that? Do they come directly to the room? Front desk?
2. Any recs on which tower to ask for? We have a (non-presidential) standard 2-bedroom. Of course we have kids so the fireworks view is tempting, but I personally like the idea of requesting a lake view just for overall aesthetics. I also know we will be wanting to head out to parks pretty early so walkability and closeness to our car (we are renting one) would also be kinda nice.

Thanks again!
Be prepared for your kids to want to stay at the resort and not go to the parks.

When my kids were that age they often preferred the activities at WBC and let it know they wanted to go back.

This could come as a surprise for some families who spent a fortune on park tickets. I would suggest building in plenty of resort time in your vacation plans.

There are grocery stores nearby but nothing super-close. What worked well for us over the years was I would drop my wife and kids off at the resort, then I would go to the grocery store, usually after dinner.

Don't buy too much food! It is better to stop at McDonald's for one last meal than get stuck with a bunch of leftovers and waste.

Have fun!

Hi!

We used the Publix in Celebration for our instacart order during our last trip in 2021. Not sure if you have access to a car, but…. We did two different orders and both experiences were great. We placed an order a couple hours before we arrived in the area for the start of the trip and we were directed to just pull up to the curb. An employee was waiting with the order for us and then we headed to check in at WBC. Later in the week we were at one of the parks and during a lunch break we placed another order to replenish some items we needed and then we stopped at Publix on the way back to the resort. Same great service at the curb.

Below is part of the check in literature they gave us on our last trip. Hope it helps. Good luck!

1690724668534.png

Hi!

We used the Publix in Celebration for our instacart order during our last trip in 2021. Not sure if you have access to a car, but…. We did two different orders and both experiences were great. We placed an order a couple hours before we arrived in the area for the start of the trip and we were directed to just pull up to the curb. An employee was waiting with the order for us and then we headed to check in at WBC. Later in the week we were at one of the parks and during a lunch break we placed another order to replenish some items we needed and then we stopped at Publix on the way back to the resort. Same great service at the curb.

Below is part of the check in literature they gave us on our last trip. Hope it helps. Good luck!

View attachment 781468
Just FYI for anyone reading this, Goodings no longer exists. The entire Crossroads shopping center and restaurants were closed due to potential construction on the I-4 exit there.

Be prepared for your kids to want to stay at the resort and not go to the parks.

When my kids were that age they often preferred the activities at WBC and let it know they wanted to go back.

This could come as a surprise for some families who spent a fortune on park tickets. I would suggest building in plenty of resort time in your vacation plans.

There are grocery stores nearby but nothing super-close. What worked well for us over the years was I would drop my wife and kids off at the resort, then I would go to the grocery store, usually after dinner.

Don't buy too much food! It is better to stop at McDonald's for one last meal than get stuck with a bunch of leftovers and waste.

Have fun!
We are going to get there very early our first day and will be spending all of that at the resort. Can't wait!

Be sure to check the activities sheet they give you. There might be a couple special ones you want to work around. One trip we left DH & DS#1 there for a day of leisure while the rest of us went to a park. They went to the Gatorland activity and DS was so excited to get to hold an alligator.

There is a small "amphitheater" where they do some fun stuff.

I would suggest buying your own tubes to float on in the lazy river. The ones they have a kind of adult size and harder for little ones to hang on to. This way you also don’t have to worry about waiting for any to free up. I would just pick some up at the Dollar store.

We go to Bonnet Creek alot and order groceries from Walmart and have them delivered around 5. That way I am guaranteed to be checked in by then. Parking from all of the towers is equidistant. Depending on the time of day you may have your husband drop you off at the door and then find parking. Especially if it is late, you might have to park in the garage and walk a fair amount. I like to be on a higher floor because then even if you have a parking lot view you can usually see something. And I definitely agree with other posters who suggested planning ALOT of resort time. The activities are fun and the kids can go all day between the pools, hot tubs and lazy rivers.

We go to Bonnet Creek alot and order groceries from Walmart and have them delivered around 5. That way I am guaranteed to be checked in by then. Parking from all of the towers is equidistant. Depending on the time of day you may have your husband drop you off at the door and then find parking. Especially if it is late, you might have to park in the garage and walk a fair amount. I like to be on a higher floor because then even if you have a parking lot view you can usually see something. And I definitely agree with other posters who suggested planning ALOT of resort time. The activities are fun and the kids can go all day between the pools, hot tubs and lazy rivers.
I just did this for our check in tomorrow. Very nice that I could plan food out in advance. Last time we got Wal Mart delivery they brought it to the building I was in, which was nice, but I don't know if it always works like that.

My kids are disney fanatics and they barely ever want to leave the resort! They sell koi food at the activities desk, that's a lot of fun seeing how crazy they get!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter