First timer here...What are some tips?

Guapotimmy

I won a Podcast Cruise on February 3rd, 2010!
I’m taking my first ABD next week...what are some tips you’d recommend or things you wish someone had told you before going on your first ABD? I’m doing the SoCal BSM. Is there any special documentation I need to bring? Any issues with transportation from or to the airport? Thanks in advance!

I haven't taken this ABD (yet) but if you're having ABD provide your transportation from/to the airport, it's pretty straight-forward. Get off the plane, go to Baggage pickup, pick up your luggage, and look for someone carrying an ABD sign or a sign with your name. They'll take care of everything else!

If you're from the US, no special documentation needed unless you're traveling with a child you don't have sole custody of.

ENJOY! Your biggest problem will be the fact that ABD's are highly addictive!

Sayhello

A few suggestions:
  • Bring enough cash for the gratuities to the Adventure Guides
  • If you are Disney pin collector, bring a case to hold the pins you receive
Since this is a Disneyland ABD:
  • Bring a good camera that does well in low light conditions, not just your mobile phone camera
  • Do the normal preparations one would do for going to Disney parks, such as bringing an external phone battery, downloading the Disneyland app ahead of time, research your priorities of what attractions you want to do during the “on your own” time, store up lots of sleep beforehand because you won’t get enough during the trip, etc.
  • If you collect Disney stuff, plan your budget so you can spend at the Disney Studios store and Mickey’s of Glendale at Imagineering

Take a lanyard with a holder for your admission cards. If you are used to magic bands in WDW, it's a little odd to realize you have to take out the card. lol

We did this trip last February and there was a cold front. VERY chilly, so make sure you do bring things for layering. Make plans for your free time in Hollywood - the area next to the hotel isn't the greatest. We went to The Grove for brunch and SUR and Villa Blanca (Yes, BRAVO fans..lol) for dinner.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!