First Timers Visit Over Easter! Can we see it all? - Updated 2/9

As you can see, he is a big Marvel-Nerd... I mean enthusate! ;)
Glad he got felt the Disney-Marvel love out in Cali, since we don;t get it at WDW.

Morgan did amazing! As did all of her friends.
Yay!! Great job!

as we had to get up at 3:00 AM!!!!
Oh my.

Did a little sight seeing of the area!
Great photo!

And the Grand Californian. Which I would have LOVED to have stayed at but just not this trip.
I would love it if we could even get a night here with our points one day but it is supposedly super hard so I doubt it.

noticed the food plush!!!! I was a little too excitied to see them! And the girls were super excitied. They didn't even know they existed.

So cute!!

They took awhile to decide but this is what we ended up with:
I love them all!

What a bummer :guilty: Hopefully he was able to join for a lot of it later though :thumbsup2
He def was. It was Good Friday, so his office was still open. Saturday and Sunday were fully open.

What sweet, sweet girls you have :goodvibes
Thanks! They really are!

:laughing: But catch a glimpse of the people behind you, they look terrified! :rotfl:
Don't they! If I remember correctly, they were kind of a chill couple waiting in line too. Funny!

Glad he got felt the Disney-Marvel love out in Cali, since we don;t get it at WDW.
I think the Marvel angle is how I am going to get us back to DL one day. Once they build out all of the Marvel stuff they are talking about for out there! Andy was super excitied for Star Wars land as they are much farther along than DW is.

I love them all!
I knew you would have ear love with us! We haven't purchased official Disney ears in a long time!

That guy in the back looks hilarious!
I know right!? I think they were screaming but the girls were dead silent! Ha!

Sorry to hear Andy had to work this morning, but it seems like you girls had a nice time. Believe me I know how hard it is when dad can’t come along, it’s like missing a limb.

I gotta say, I’m seriously wanting to go to DL now! It’s exactly like the girls said, different but the same. Can’t wait to see more!

Great start! We are staying at the Tropicana when we go in June. Happy to see how nice the renovation looks. Looking forward to more. :)
We were def happy with the hotel. I mean it was a hotel, nothing amazing but clean. The pool wasn't very big but it was never very busy, either. I would love to hear how you like it after you go!

Sorry to hear Andy had to work this morning, but it seems like you girls had a nice time. Believe me I know how hard it is when dad can’t come along, it’s like missing a limb.
It was a bummer. I would normally be SUPER annoyed by this but in this instance I just couldn't. But it was a bummer. I almost didn't want to go into Disneyland without him, but going to California Adventure felt weird to do first.

I love how much you guys liked Autopia! I never get to go with little ones, it's so nice to see the girls reaction to the smaller rides.
We have been going to Disney World since the girls were 3 and 5, and each trip has been a slightly different expience as they grow and intrests change.

I tried to reply a few days ago but my internet has been horrible.

I immediately loved the cars here!

These are really cute. As a whole it looks like a much better ride. So much more to see.

Don't go too fast!!! 6.5!

:rotfl2:

I also loved that each car had it's own license plate. I tried to snap some photos of the especially cute ones!

These are perfect. Such a cute touch.

Day One: Mine, Mine, Mine!

After our ride around Autopia, we decided to give Submarine Voyage a try. It was unique to Disneyland, but I heard it was similar to the Nemo ride in EPCOT and got long lines later in the day. So, I said we should give it a try. So, we hopped in line!

I pulled out a snack for the girls while we waited in line. and I refrained from text Andy still. I decided to text him after we were done with our underwater journey.

I loved seeing the Matterhorn from all the different perspectives!

We waited a little bit but not too much. I could see very quickly how slow this ride loaded. But it didn't take too long before we were climbing into our submarine.

A Submarine Selfie!

We LOVED this ride! It is just so unique climbing down into the sub!

Gwen soaked in all of the sights.

A Clam!

Morgan loved it as well.

Darla! The mix of Nemo and what must have been 10,000 leagues works pretty well.

We loved it! And Gwen said that we def needed to do this with Daddy! She said he would love it!

We climbed out of our sub ready for more fun! I took this pic to show how tight it was to climb in and out! It is unfortant as it makes it very inaccessible for some but it really adds to the ride.

We saw these guys as we walked to our next desination. Mine mine Mine Mine...

We decided to give Buzz a try and then grab a snack. I text'd Andy while we were in line. He said he was done and getting ready to head over. YEAH!!!! I said that we were planning on going to Jolly Holiday after we rode Buzz.

The girls checked out the water ball. Gwen always says, why IS this in tomorrowland? Every time we see it.

Buzz was starting to get longish but it still wasn't too bad. While in line, Gwen noticed another line but we didn't know what it was. I looked it up and saw that it was the Tinkerbell meet n greet. Gwen said she wanted to do that.

Gwen made me take this picture. She thought it was absolutely hilarious that there was a screw within a screw.

This Buzz is so much better than Disney World's Buzz! He was amazing! I got some video of it but I can't get it to upload.

Morgan and Gwen rode together and I got to ride by myself. Shooting is def better on this version but I still find the ride, just meh. It's not terrible but there are just so many other great rides to go and do. The girls who liked the ride enough but said it wasn't good enough to HAVE to do again with daddy.

After our ride we headed over to Jolly Holiday for a snack! And to meet up with Andy!

Last edited:
I am fashionably late but all caught up! The girls certainly were troopers the first day. We've been contemplating a DL trip but haven't pulled the trigger yet. I had family that lived close to Anaheim growing up so we went several times as kids. Then Jason and I went on our honeymoon, but we haven't been since.

Loving how close your hotel was to the park and how much you got done the first day so far. The Nemo ride looks great. I still remember when that was 10,000 leagues under the sea!

Can't wait for more!

It's so neat to read about Disneyland, as I've only been once and it was nearly 10 years ago! Amazing to see both the similarities AND the differences!

Darla! The mix of Nemo and what must have been 10,000 leagues works pretty well.

I rode 10,0000 Leagues on my very first trip to DW when I was in high school but I don't remember much. I would like a little Nemo sprucing up would be good.

We saw these guys as we walked to our next desination. Mine mine Mine Mine...

Very neat picture with the monorail in the background.

After our ride we headed over to Jolly Holiday for a snack! And to meet up with Andy!

So happy you're gang will all be together.

Enjoying your report so far! I was surprised how much I liked the submarine ride when we went on it. It was cute and relaxing! Looking forward to your next installment, including lunch :)

am fashionably late but all caught up! The girls certainly were troopers the first day. We've been contemplating a DL trip but haven't pulled the trigger yet. I had family that lived close to Anaheim growing up so we went several times as kids. Then Jason and I went on our honeymoon, but we haven't been since.
Glad you are hear! It def would be fun, maybe for a milestone anniversary? It is a long flight!

It's so neat to read about Disneyland, as I've only been once and it was nearly 10 years ago! Amazing to see both the similarities AND the differences!
I can't seem to not compare the two!

I am claustrophobic. I'm sure I rode it at both parks because we did DLR when I was 7 as my dad had to do training in Cali every few years.
After riding Mission Space, this didn't seem so claustrophobic. But I can see how it could be overwhelming if you are. They do close those hatches on you!

Enjoying your report so far! I was surprised how much I liked the submarine ride when we went on it. It was cute and relaxing! Looking forward to your next installment, including lunch :)
Thanks for following along! I am hoping to get back on track with updates this weekend!

I KNOW what this is like!!!!! Looks like things were awesome for the start of your first Disneyland day!!
Our cold was NOTHING compared to your cold, for sure! But when you aren't expecting it, it always feels way colder!

First of all, the DIS didn't notify me of your new posts, so grrr on that!!
I hate when that happens. I don't really have a good way to keep track of everyone. I feel like there has to be something easier to keep track.

I loved seeing the Matterhorn from all the different perspectives!

I've read that because Sleeping Beauty Castle is so little the Matterhorn becomes more of the focal point in this park. It's such a cools site.

We LOVED this ride! It is just so unique climbing down into the sub!

I remember ridiing 20, 000 Leagues in Disney World and being utterly terrified that we were gonna sink and drown down there. I'm glad this stayed at DL, and I agree that Nemo is a cute, and up dated overlay. Is this where the mermaids used to be as well??

He said he was done and getting ready to head over. YEAH!!!!

Yay!

Gwen made me take this picture. She thought it was absolutely hilarious that there was a screw within a screw.

She's totally right, it is pretty funny!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!