First trip in 2 years

Aliceacc

DIS Veteran
We're pretty good at balancing Rope Drop and Fastpass+ to see what we want with minimal waits, but all the new additions have me a bit thrown off.

Can anyone give me the condensed version of how to see the new attractions while still seeing the old?

We're a party of 4.. my 19 year old son can't go this year ;(

We're going in mid July, so the new Toy Story stuff at DHS should be operational.

We're staying at the Beach Club for 7 nights. We have 8 day parkhoppers.

Normally we would do 1 day at AK, 1 at DHS, then pretty much split the rest of the time between MK and Epcot.

Any suggestions would be gratefully accepted.

Thanks!!

We haven’t been in about a year and a half. We made the new stuff a priority. We’re too early for the new Toy Story stuff, so that actually makes it a bit easier for us. So, I really can’t help, but I think that with seven full days you have PLENTY of time to see all the new, plus the old favorites. I’m sure s real expert will be right along to give you some helpful advice LOL

HAVE FUN!

:sunny:

I'd say make two days of FP for each park, and then hop if you want/need to...

But I personally would probably do three days of FP at DHS, two days at MK and AK, and one at Epcot, with plans to hop to Epcot in the evenings. I have had pretty good luck getting Test Track and Soarin' as a 4th FP, and Soarin' sometimes has fairly low waits in the evening. I'd use that third day of FP at DHS to get in another ride on one of the new rides.

That's so many days, I don't think you will have an problem seeing the new and the old. The Avatar and (presumably) Toy Story areas will have longer waits, but you should be able to get some FP to cut down on those wait times. But you will have plenty of time over the course of a week even if you can't get a FP for all your top choices

I'm guess what I'm asking is this:

You WDW pros-- which do you choose to FP and which do you choose to do at Rope Drop?

Since you have parkhoppers, and are there for 8 days, I would recommend getting FPs at each park twice. That does not have to mean spending two whole days in HS or AK if you don't want to. You have parkhoppers, so two half days at HS can get you 6 FPs for that park. That is significant with the tier system. Same thing with AK>

And, this way you are not duplicating FP usage at MK or Epcot. For example, if you are using FPs for 3-4 days at MK, you'll probably be doing something twice, and you would be forced to do standby at some major attractions at HS & AK. This would be a certainty if you used FPs at Epcot for 3 or more days. Try and come up with 3 days of Tier 2 options at Epcot. It can't be done, unless you FP something that absolutely does not need it. And, while you can make use of 9-12 FPs at MK without duplicating, many of those can be knocked out with solid RD planning. Having 6 FPS at HS and AK are much more valuable than having 9-12 at MK.

I'm guess what I'm asking is this:

You WDW pros-- which do you choose to FP and which do you choose to do at Rope Drop?
For the number of days you are there, I do not think it really matters. If you do rope drop each day (when there is virtually no wait for your first ride and sometimes your second) and load up on FP each day, you can count on having at least 40 (and more likely 50) rides with little or no wait. Personally, there are only a little over 40 attractions with lines that I enjoy riding/seeing between all four parks.

That said, I would suggest using FP for the Avatar and Toy story rides. Those lines are (or will be) the longest even at rope drop. So FP those (and more) and use rope drop for any other big attractions at those parks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter