First Trip to Disney January 9-12 2021

bjshafer82

Earning My Ears
I just wanted to share about our family's trip to Disney! We are from rural Indiana. I work in Technology in a high school and wife is an RN in the OB department at our local hospital. We have 3 kids: 14/m, 12/f, 5/f. As we were sitting and talking one evening, we discussed where we would like to travel. We had always talked about going to Disney, but obviously these are different times. In the end we took the leap and we're so happy we did. After deciding to make the trip, I began to look at the cost of flying. We would typically take the 14 hour plus drive to Florida because flights normally just don't fit in our budget. At the time of the search, I found nonstop roundtrip flights from Indianapolis to Orlando for less than $800 for the five of us. We decided to stay off-site because many of the perks of staying onsite are not available at the time (it's also hard to find affordable lodging for 5). We booked 3 nights at the Sheraton Vistana Villas Resort. We stayed in a 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom suite for $149 per night. Instead of cramming into one room, wife and I had a room, girls shared a room, and son took the pullout sofa in the living room. Villa had a full kitchen and screened in porch as well. We spent Saturday evening at Disney Springs, Sunday at Epcot, Monday at Magic Kingdom, and Tuesday at Animal Kingdom. After our Disney days, we headed to Madeira Beach for 4 nights at the beach.
I hope to add pictures and information for each part of our trip over the coming days.

Looking forward to hearing your report! Also curious how your worked it with school and hospital - do they have return quarantine restrictions?

Living in Indiana there are not a lot restrictions. Both of our employers were aware of where we were going, and neither of us had to quarantine when we returned. We were told to monitor our symptoms. My wife had received her first vaccination shot a couple weeks prior to leaving. We wore our masks when necessary, and never felt uncomfortable about crowds.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter