First Trip to GC

Meggysmum

Mouseketeer
We have just come back to the UK after a three week West Coast trip which included 4 nights in a 1-bed villa.

Absolutely loved the location. I have been to DLP and thought the walk to the parks from the hotel was short but wow, this time we were amazed! After getting a thorough soaking on the Rapids ride we were back in the room getting changed in less than 5 minutes!:cool1:

I hadn't realised that the 5th bed was a pull-down type rather than the sleeper-chair that they use in BLT (my own fault for not researching properly). This caused a bit of upset for my 18 year old daughter as it wasn't long enough for her really (and she is not tall) so she didn't sleep well.

We had no saucepans or frying pan in the room. Several calls to housekeeping didn't sort the problem and one gentleman even helpfully suggested that I looked in the cupboards- now why didn't I think of that!:confused3

Was rather disappointed to find I had a pool view room but then realised that we could see the fireworks really well from our balcony and then could go upstairs to watch World of Colour so I was happy in the end.

My only real gripe was the position of the smoking areas, I really disliked having to walk straight past one every time I went to reception, I am sure there must have been a better place to put it.

Overall we had a fantastic time and hope to return sometime!

I'm pretty certain I used a skillet on my last visit. Any chance you checked for a drawer under the stove?

Where did you go to watch World of Color? How was the view? Did you see it in the park as well, which was better? Crowded at the resort in the viewing area?

I think I covered all questions I had. Probably not. LOL

Where did you go to watch World of Color? How was the view? Did you see it in the park as well, which was better? Crowded at the resort in the viewing area?

I think I covered all questions I had. Probably not. LOL

In the DVC section of the hotel there is a viewing platform on level 6. We spotted it on the map as no-one mentioned it. There was only us and one other family up there and the view of the water and lights was lovely and obviously you can hear the music. I presume there are some pictures projected onto the water droplets (like Fantasmic at WDW) whivh we couldn't make out. However since we were there when the parks were packed (early August) it was nice not to be crowded and looking at the park it was heaving. We watched World of Colour, walked downstairs to our room, grabbed a cool drink the watched the fireworks from the balcony!:yay:

If you are in Paradise Pier area and look towards the hotel you can see the platform.

In the DVC section of the hotel there is a viewing platform on level 6. We spotted it on the map as no-one mentioned it. There was only us and one other family up there and the view of the water and lights was lovely and obviously you can hear the music. I presume there are some pictures projected onto the water droplets (like Fantasmic at WDW) whivh we couldn't make out. However since we were there when the parks were packed (early August) it was nice not to be crowded and looking at the park it was heaving. We watched World of Colour, walked downstairs to our room, grabbed a cool drink the watched the fireworks from the balcony!:yay:

If you are in Paradise Pier area and look towards the hotel you can see the platform.

Thank you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter