First trip to Universial Orlando

luulu1999

DIS Veteran
Hi guys! I just booked our first trip to Universial Orlando for August (fingers crossed) i really dont know much about it but we are going down the weekend before our cruise out of miami (fingers crossed again) So we will get there thursday afternoon and leave sunday...I got the 3 park 4 day passes because it was cheaper like that, so I figure we will go do something when we arrive on Thursday and then before we head to miami on Sunday...but I got the base tickets and I seen part of the Harry Potter thing requires park to park and harry potter is big for us...should I change them? Also which parks do u think for the full days and which for the half days since we wont be able to go from park to park...we also get early admission

Personally, we really like the park to park and think its definitely worth the price difference. If you're a HP fan riding the Hogwarts express is fantastic and a must do in our book. Keep in mind, Universal is completely different from WDW. The parks are much smaller and more compact. I dont think either park is a 1/2 day park though. If you love HP, you could easily spend almost a whole day in diagon alley alone. What I really love about universal is how much easier it is than WDW. It really doesnt take a lot of planning, which was really weird for me, who is a super planner. I would try to familiarize yourself with the parks and have an idea what there is to do but that's about it, just have fun.

www.universalorlando.com
Check out the rides and what the parks have to offer the guests

You can learn about all the eateries there.
www.citywalk another place to read up on.

Hope you enjoy your time at the Darkside!

I did notice the website has removed park ride info on their site so read some of thr last trip reports forum for more details

Personally, I would upgrade to the park-to-park, especially having the 3 park. Get to the theme parks early, head to Volcano Bay in the afternoon, back to parks for evening.

Otherwise you're stuck to 1 park a day, and to make the 3 park worthwhile you should spend a day at VB.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!