First trip WDW need help

Dval00

Earning My Ears
This is our first trip and going to WDW during a busy time 12/22-12/29 and getting freaked out with all I have been reading on how busy it is during that time. It will be myself and my 13 and 15 year olds. We understand that we won't be able to do or see everything but want to get our moneys worth out of the trip. We have a 6 day hopper. We are staying off site and am afraid that we will not be able to get into the parks on time before they reach capacity. What is a good time to arrive at the parks to assure entrance. Renting a car and will have to get parking at parks. How early can you get there to get good parking?? Any information welcomed.
:) :) :)

In the past we've stayed with my parents who live about 20 minutes from the MK. I'm going to say we were in the parking lot by 8:30 am. We always make sure we are there at least 1/2 before the park opens. You can get onto the good rides when you are first in the park.

What comes most to the front of my mind was that we did Epcot one morning and we were able to get onto Test Track 4 times without a wait and our 5th time we had to wait about 10 minutes.

The best advice I can give is do your favorite rides first thing! Another thing to remember is to get your Fast Passes on the rides that usually have a long wait. Try to get those first thing as well then it frees up your time.

Have a great time! We'll be there on Dec. 20th and I can't wait!

Thanks for the post...i knew we had to be to the parks early but i wasn't sure how the parking was going to go...i am hoping that we will be able to make use of the fast passes as much as possible...i have heard good things about it...

I hope we have as much fun at WDW as you will on your trip!!

thanks again :)

The other thing is to remember to "go the opposite way". In other words, since you're staying off-property, go the the parks that do not have early entry for Disney resort guests. For example, Magic Kingdom is early-entry for guests on Monday, Thursday, and Saturday. Avoid that park on those days, and go elsewhere. go the opposite way of the crowd. It really helps when you're staying off-site. If anyone in your group has an annual pass, parking is free. Have a great vacation.;)

Thanks for the info on the parks...didn't think about going the opposite direction of everyone else...good idea...thanks again..and i am hoping we will be able to do and see a lot and if the crowds are big oh well...at least we can say we went to the WORLD..thanks again

:) :)

And don't forget that once you have parked your car, you are still a good 20 minutes from the Magic Kingdom gates.

Also, don't forget to allow extra time for traffic getting to the parking lots!

Have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter