First week of Paradise Pier and Main Street Closures

This project is supppse to be done before spring break.

The Pier is not going to be done before Spring Break is it - maybe Main Street but where did you read the Pier would be back up and running? The last I heard predictions were end of May to mid June for that?

The Pier is not going to be done before Spring Break is it - maybe Main Street but where did you read the Pier would be back up and running? The last I heard predictions were end of May to mid June for that?
I think some people think the Pixar Fest beginning April 13th includes the pier being completely finished.

Other articles indicate the Pier project will be complete summer 2018.

I was responding to the Main Street construction project which is suppose to be done by mid March. The pier is not going to be done until May/June.

26857219_1759426507435531_125766491_n.jpg

Not sure is this has been posted anywhere on these boards yet....but Im unclear how this new Pixar Pier symbol was approved. How many imagineers probably saw this, and not one noticed it resembled mens genitalia?....yikes.

The artwork came down already after the social media comments began.

Oh good! Yeah I had seen it a few days ago on twitter, but just never got around to looking through dis to see if it was being chatted about here. glad its taken care of. Even though its gone, I still wonder how it even got approved.

We were there last week, as well, and were taken by surprise Wednesday morning by the walls around The Hub. Fortunately we'd taken photos there on Tuesday but I can't imagine the disappointment to others. Town Square was walled off on Thursday morning.

At least DIS members will know what to expect for our up coming trips.

Can you imagine the surprise for guests unaware of Disney's construction plan?
We were in line for TSMM when somebody came along and asked if it was the line for CS. He was quite disappointed to learn that CS was closed for re-theming.

Anyone know the time line of Pixar Pier? Fro what I'm reading, Main Street construction should be over by mid-March but I keep seeing non-committal targets for Pixar Pier. We're looking to book our first (and likely only for a LONG time) trip in mid-August.

Not sure is this has been posted anywhere on these boards yet....but Im unclear how this new Pixar Pier symbol was approved. How many imagineers probably saw this, and not one noticed it resembled mens genitalia?....yikes.

Oh holy shish kabob!

Anyone know the time line of Pixar Pier? Fro what I'm reading, Main Street construction should be over by mid-March but I keep seeing non-committal targets for Pixar Pier. We're looking to book our first (and likely only for a LONG time) trip in mid-August.
There’s nothing official, but most people think they’re aiming for May or June. Certainly they’re expecting it to be open by mid-August or they wouldn’t be advertising “summer,” but you never know what will actually happen...

Las time I was at DL it was 2014, and I was turned off by the walls and ride closures. I went on a DL hiatus. When I heard the Rivers of America project had been completed I said to myself, "Self, it's time to head back to Disneyland!" and promptly booked a trip for mid Feb 2018. We'll still have a great time, but jokes on me! :jester:

Las time I was at DL it was 2014, and I was turned off by the walls and ride closures. I went on a DL hiatus. When I heard the Rivers of America project had been completed I said to myself, "Self, it's time to head back to Disneyland!" and promptly booked a trip for mid Feb 2018. We'll still have a great time, but jokes on me! :jester:
I hope you have a great trip!

I hope you enjoy the train and river boats. Everything looks really nice!

Dont let the construction ruin your trip..i will be there next week right in the middle of it all too.....have a great time :cool1:

I partially agree with you, but I've come to terms with Disney parks being reimagined in some regard at all times. When you visit during peak seasons, everything is usually operating. When you visit in less busy times, attractions are more likely to be under refurb. It's a trade-off of crowds vs open attractions.

I was at Disneyland this past weekend. There's plenty left to do. You'll be excited by what has changed since 2014 (DL train, rivers of America, Mission Breakout, etc).

I know it can be frustrating, I was just watching a video of the refurb walls at DCA and DL :guilty:. But hey I could be at home working instead haha.. This will be a first visit for my friend who is coming along and that makes me a little sad that she won't see the Walt statue etc. On the other hand she has nothing to compare it to so she won't know. Ill keep my sad eyes hidden :rolleyes1

Have a great trip!!!

I know it can be frustrating, I was just watching a video of the refurb walls at DCA and DL :guilty:. But hey I could be at home working instead haha.. This will be a first visit for my friend who is coming along and that makes me a little sad that she won't see the Walt statue etc. On the other hand she has nothing to compare it to so she won't know. Ill keep my sad eyes hidden :rolleyes1

Have a great trip!!!
Remember there is a Walt's statue in DCA.

I really wish I could see the image now, but it is not showing up for me! I am so curious!

I am sure the construction will be done in phases. Maybe by mid February the partners statue will be open.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter